Driving Bkk To Chiang Mai

Polin

I have not been on the web for a few days, so ---maybe---not up to date. It had been reported two days ago that the trip was possible, but expect long detours, adding hours to the trip. I see no one else has answered your question; I chose to fly, was fortunate to get the last seat in the last Thai Airways plane out Thursday night. You might also want to know that the huge Tops store at Central DS is out-of-water, except for some pricier stuff. Also out of a lot of other products. However, I have been able to find water at minimarts and restaurants.... Another post coming below....... My bags are packed, for I would seriously "question" whether there is certainty anywhere in the country in re safety---my opinion. I am not at liberty to say why. Yet you will find many Thais and expats who will tell you: "mai pen rai". Below:

Suggest not Drive to Chiang Mai from BKK airport.

Will take you nearly 22 hours or more with current road conditions and flooding.

Travel from BKK to Chiang Mai last week took 22 hours non stop driving due to detours etc.

Fly from BKK to Chiang Mai

Edited by KimoMax

Slightly different question. Does anyone know the conditions around the old Iron Bridge and in front of the Duke's Restaurant on the Chiang Mai-Lumphun Road? Would like to stay at the Riverside Guesthouse close to the Duke's Restaurant but I don't want to swim through the lobby to get to my room.