B U B B L E S

WinnieTheKhwai

jaideeguy.

re ... the usual 'over the top' amplified Thai techno noise to be too much.

its going to be better now coz they have

hip hop .. r and b .. disco house .. hard house .. and anything goes ?

That's how it was before it closed. But for some stupid reason, they time slotted all the music. For example, hip-hop between 9pm-10pm, disco 10pm-11pm, etc.. There was a big sign up on the wall listing out the full time table. Hopefully they've done away with that non-sense and learned how to mix the music together.

-Mestizo

A couple of questions for you old clubbers out there:

What is the average age group of the crowds in these places?

Are they old farts friendly?

Well, I wouldn't know first-hand, but yes. :rolleyes: Also check out Hot Shot, which also gets a mixed Thai/Farang crowd, but is more of a Thai style club with live bands.

Well, I wouldn't know first-hand, but yes. :rolleyes: Also check out Hot Shot, which also gets a mixed Thai/Farang crowd, but is more of a Thai style club with live bands.

Thanks ole sport.

Thanks ole sport.

What time is the Waltz and Foxtrot scheduled for? biggrin.gif

A Thai mate has already checked it out. He reports that a small beer is 150 baht! I hope that there's been some miscommunication there!

I was there last Saturday and paid 100 baht for a Chang. Though to be honest for an after hours place, when all the drinking that reasonably needs to happen on a night has been taken care of, I don't really mind a higher price. Takes me forever to get through a beer at that stage.

A Thai mate has already checked it out. He reports that a small beer is 150 baht! I hope that there's been some miscommunication there!

I was there last Saturday and paid 100 baht for a Chang. Though to be honest for an after hours place, when all the drinking that reasonably needs to happen on a night has been taken care of, I don't really mind a higher price. Takes me forever to get through a beer at that stage.

Let's see if I gather the sense of this. I can go into Bubble, a newly refurbished nightclub without a band, with however a DJ who plays painfully and probably damaging ear-splitting music, half of which I dislike, down in a hotel basement!, by way of paying 150b for a little beer. Sensibly, if I wanna drink 'responsibly' (on the cheap), I go there after being somewhat stewed elsewhere.

But on the other hand, dancing (which is the only naturally occurring aphrodisiac known by man - hi endorphins!) is done there. Also, imagine WtK's Hooters prices up at the New Rimping. Probably 500b cover for nil, 200 a wee beer, and no dancing.

So it's earplugs.B)

I remember going to Bubbles a few times before they closed.

For me & I am not old & I even smoke when I drink at times...

But man it was just too loud & too much smoke.

I have a better time at places like Brasserie....music more to my taste too :lol:

I guess Not a dance joint though

Edited by flying

With Bubben open again, I won't be able to resist long. If only for nostalgia's sake I'll go take a look.

Back in the day with a nice mix of Thai and Farang, it was a fun venue. But that's going way back to when the UN Irish was also a popular hangout for the young crowd.

For farangs interested in a Disco with some action, Bubbles was the place to go . In true Thai Disco style, the music was blaringly loud. However the worst thing was the smoke was always heavy. After 20 - 30 minutes I would be desparate to get out to get some clean air in my lungs.

Will be sure to check it out though my next trip to CNX. The pics look good, and I'm assumiing it will now be smoke free (banning indoor smoking is the best thing the Thai government has done in my 5 years living here).

Disco, isn't that Bee Gee's pointy collars, platform shoes and flares, John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever thing. Very 70's and a bit before my time I was to young to be out in the 70's so I missed the disco scene.