Thai Democrat Spokesman Claims Thaksin's Passport Reinstated

webfact

For a government that promised transparency, we have a secret inner-circle-only Cabinet meetings discussing royal pardons... and now the clandestine opening of closed government offices to secretly issue passports and scribble out blacklists... on Halloween, appropriately enough.

Shadowy comings and goings of a Foreign Minister flying overseas to secretly meet with fugitive relatives...

The Yingluck government reads like a cheap dime novel.

Transparency, what transparency. They make up the rules as they go along. And the people seem to love them for it because it will get Taksin back. What a crock.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he had received a letter from a civil servant of the Foreign Ministry

Another whistle-blower incident following the revelations of the secret Cabinet meeting for the pardon, the apparent shutdown of the government's News Agency following the expose of flood relief packages mismanagement, the publicizing of Pheu Thai MP Karun Hosakul's efforts to bulldoze down sandbag walls.

It's a positive trend that it's getting harder and harder to sweep things under the rug.

Edited by Buchholz

With the Foreign ministry, police, PM, deputy pm, cabinet, designated spokesman, etc beating the drum for this man, he could have his own band. What is ironic, if not comical, is the man still does not have the back bone to come back to Thailand.

He has surrounded himself with people with morals like himself, thus it is small wonder he is watching the skyline, all points on the compass, as well as the home front for treachery toward his plan of return???.

When all is said and done, if the man comes back it will be all the excuse the Army needs to assume power again. My Liberal side thinks that would be wrong, but my Conservative side keeps telling me who did a creditable job managing the floods. I remind myself that I am a guest living here at the sufferance of the government. And of what Thomas Jefferson said: I ignore what does not break my bones, pick my pocket or degrade me.

Edited by metisdead
Once again, use default forum font when posting.

Who am I, a foreigner, to tell Thailand how to do their business.

You seem to mistake, expressing of opinion as giving instruction. If a Thai expresses an opinion about your country, do you tell them that as a foreigner, they have no right to an opinion about your country? I hope not.

Issuing passports to criminal fugitives could be a lucrative business. Maybe Thailand could be the hub for that.

With Thaksin as the broker - could be a nice little earner. Having the FM deliver would add a touch of class.;)

Delivered anywhere in the world at the taxpayer's expense of course. I can see the ad now, "New Thai passport delivered anywhere in the world by Thai diplomat. No need for application or background check. If you got the money we got the passport for you. Your passport is only a call away. Call us today".

Who am I, a foreigner, to tell Thailand how to do their business.

You seem to mistake, expressing of opinion as giving instruction. If a Thai expresses an opinion about your country, do you tell them that as a foreigner, they have no right to an opinion about your country? I hope not.

"Live long and prosper" and don't forget the two finger salute (no not that one silly) :D

Enough of this mincing around !!!! All this waiting for the return of the Chosen One , and the stream of idiotic pronouncements about him is starting to irritate me. I say he should come back right now. Then the civil war can start, so things will be sorted one way or another. Then the country can get back to normal, and maybe the government can actually take some action to help rebuild the country after the floods..... :jap:

Enough of this mincing around !!!! All this waiting for the return of the Chosen One , and the stream of idiotic pronouncements about him is starting to irritate me. I say he should come back right now. Then the civil war can start, so things will be sorted one way or another. Then the country can get back to normal, and maybe the government can actually take some action to help rebuild the country after the floods..... :jap:

The civil war is already raging in the Southern provinces.

And this is normal for Thailand, it has been the same for the 28 years I have been here, and will never change.

The people elected Yingluck over Abhisit for?

300 baht a month minimum wage

(Not Realized)

Doubled prices on their rices sales

( Not Realized AND flood wipes out crop)

Tablet computers for their kids

(Not Realized)

Raising the free health car cost to 30 baht to match the slogan

(Realized)

Assorted promises to make them rich soon

(Not Realized)

Ending Double Standards for the rich

(Not Realized, and made worse by handing Thaksin whatever he wants whenever possible.)

Telling them the truth

(Not Realized and never will be)

A basket full of lies that make them feel more important

( REALIZED all too sadly)

Edited by animatic

Thaksin's 'got a new Thai passport'

The Nation

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said Thursday that he had received a letter claiming that former PM Thaksin Shinawatra had allegedly been given a Thai passport on the quiet.

Chavanond showed the original and provided copies of the letter - signed by a "New Breed of Foreign Ministry Official" - to the media Thursday. The letter claimed that the ministry's computer was unlocked to issue the passport on October 31 - at a time when the immigration offices on Chaeng Wattana Road were closed due to flooding. According to the letter, a passport was issued and the name of a person was removed from the black list.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-15

So if it's so that this happened without cooperation of immigration,than I'm sure the passport can be declared invalid and the name reentered on he blacklist.

Unless of course the head of Immigration is told to expect a transfer to an inactive graft-less position if he does so....

I remember the immigration department was gridlocked in fear the week prior to the election, not wanting to make ANY moves lest they be wrong ones in the new governments eyes, so they did NOTHING.

ASTV: Foreign Minister Surapong refuses to answer whether Thaksin's passport has been reinstated /TANN

Can he do that? Or better yet as a public official is he not required to divulge this type of public information?

Edited by FOODLOVER

Who am I, a foreigner, to tell Thailand how to do their business. It seems a bit odd but if they don't hurt anyone or disrupt other countries or businesses by it then Thailand has the right to do what they want. It's up to Thai people to decide if this is right or not.

As a foreigner you still have the ability to observe and comment regardless of the right to vote.

If you live here, then those decisions made by others, affect your life and rights as much as anyones.

They do hurt people their own and those of other nations.

They have decidedly disrupted other countries, in record time this year.

They have ruined world wide business flow in large percentages across several continents,

by their cumulative mistakes, made in an amazingly short time.

Certainly Thailand has the right to be autonomous,

but if they do NOT think of the 'knock on consequences of their actions',

then they will be come isolated from other nations and commercial activities,

that keep us all afloat world wide.

If the Thai people were making properly informed and un-manipulated decisions,

then this would be fine, more power to them. But that is not the case, so I see it

the 'Thai Peoples Rights' are being stolen by big business interests, for their own ends.

One step closer to Thaksin's triumphant return to claim what is rightfully his.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Prepare.

There are certainly similarities.whistling.gif

He gives the Borg a bad name.

Sung to Bon Jovi's "You give love a bad name" and it has a certain ring about it.

...and now it's stuck in my head.

"Shot through the heart

And you're to blame

He gives Borgs a bad name

I play my part

And you play your game

He gives Borgs a bad name

He gives Borgs... a bad name"

ASTV: Foreign Minister Surapong refuses to answer whether Thaksin's passport has been reinstated /TANN

:cheesy:

Along with his cousin, the PM, the evasiveness seems genetic.

"Let me go to the meeting first," she said before chairing a special Cabinet meeting

"Let's talk about it later," she told reporters after the meeting

:cheesy:

She's tenacious with her evasiveness.

Definitely her strongest attributes!

Can he do that? Or better yet as a public official is he not required to divulge this type of public information?

perhaps after the cabinet meeting, he'll change to

"Let's talk about it later"

Surapong confirms Thaksin removed from blacklist

The Nation

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul Friday confirmed that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been removed from the blacklist of the Foreign Ministry.

The removal made Thaksin eligible for getting a Thai citizenship passport.

Surapong said Thaksin applied for a passport so he decided to remove him from the blacklist.

Surapong said Thaksin would not do any harm to Thailand when he is in foreign countries holding a Thai passport so he decided to remove the former prime minister from the blacklist.

Surapong said he acted in his authority as the foreign minister.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-16

Surapong confirms Thaksin removed from blacklist

The Nation

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul Friday confirmed that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been removed from the blacklist of the Foreign Ministry.

The removal made Thaksin eligible for getting a Thai citizenship passport.

Surapong said Thaksin applied for a passport so he decided to remove him from the blacklist.

Surapong said Thaksin would not do any harm to Thailand when he is in foreign countries holding a Thai passport so he decided to remove the former prime minister from the blacklist.

Surapong said he acted in his authority as the foreign minister.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-16

And on the country goes down the drain.

What possible twisted logic was behind Surapong getting Thaksin's application and deciding that this act was in itself, sufficient reasoning to forthwith remove Thaksin from the blacklist? Anyone?