Hiv Policy - Pattaya Gogo Bar

johnh101

I was surprised to hear about the HIV policy of a particular Pattaya gogo bar. This bar claims to test all of the girls every 3 months - the girls have to pay 300 baht towards the cost. If a girl tests positive she is not fired but is allowed to continue working there. However, the bar cuts her salary which essentially means she becomes a freelancer operating out of that bar. Now it is great that the bar actually insists on the girls getting tested regularly, but really, what is the point of them? Customer safety and health is apparently not on the agenda! One can only assume that the bar is actively looking to cut expenses while retaining the girls' services - something a cynic could describe as a win : win situation for an unscrupulous bar owner.

He could at least give us a clue as to what bar it is !

:o:D

i still meet people that think if you take a lady from a gogo bar your safe as they are tested for aids , what a load of b#ll#ox , i dont bother saying anything to them no more , if there that thick they deserve everything they get ( same same as the masseur telling you that Thais give 500 baht tip )

I wonder what the REAL stats are? how many girls per bar actually have HIV or how many per soi.

Say for instance soi 1 has 10 cases of HIV and soi 2 has 40. However soi 2 is better for music food and has more beautifull girls. However both soi's have the same amount of girls working. If you was out on the pull would you avoid soi 2?

(my reference to soi's hold no actual /factual figures , just as example)

Would it help if a weekly notice board was posted on the bottom of each soi.

'This week this soi has 32 infected girls'

Would you stay away from the high figures even if you wasn't out on the pull.

Edited by BIG SPUDS

I have had a "needle search and awareness" training course last week.

The trainer told us "the facts" on HIV.

Seems it is not "that easy" to catch HIV and claimed that Hepatitis was the main worry.

Try telling that to someone who has HIV....

Can`t remember the facts and figures,but I didn`t worry about Hepatitis...until now.

Wearing a condom seams like the best bet.....

Remember,it takes at least 6 months of blood tests to be HIV negative.

It is impossible to get the all clear in a few days and most of the bar girls think....

Quote,

"Remember,it takes at least 6 months of blood tests to be HIV NEGATIVE.

It is impossible to get the all clear in a few days and most of the bar girls think..."

I think you mean to say "POSITIVE", don't you. Be a nice thought if it just cleared up after 6 months. Sadly though as we all know it doesn't. The only protection is wear a johnny.

Cheers

8ball. :o

I was surprised to hear about the HIV policy of a particular Pattaya gogo bar.  This bar claims to test all of the girls every 3 months - the girls have to pay 300 baht towards the cost.  If a girl tests positive she is not fired but is allowed to continue working there.  However, the bar cuts her salary which essentially means she becomes a freelancer operating out of that bar.  Now it is great that the bar actually insists on the girls getting tested regularly, but really, what is the point of them?  Customer safety and health is apparently not on the agenda!  One can only assume that the bar is actively looking to cut expenses while retaining the girls' services - something a cynic could describe as a win : win situation for an unscrupulous bar owner.

He could at least give us a clue as to what bar it is !

:o  :D

I'd not be too quick to believe anything reported in this way. I don't think the BG's would keep this quiet. It would soon be common knowledge and someone would be posting names and pointing fingers. A bar owner would be more likely to not do testing if they were going to let the girls keep working. Why waste the money?

But that is not to say I think all he flesh palaces are 100% HIV free. I concur with the advice of rest for those who fool around.

I do remember being told some years ago of a GoGo in Pattayaland whose owner was so fed up of hearing that the girls all had HIV/Aids that he decided to check. All the girls tested negative, bar one who refused to be tested and quit.

But then again it could just be another Urban Legend.

Stickman had a much better site when he was a regular whore-monger. Now that he is a wannabe social climber his opinions have changed. I wouldn't take everything that is posted there as being the truth.

Stickman had a much better site when he was a regular whore-monger. Now that he is a wannabe social climber his opinions have changed. I wouldn't take everything that is posted there as being the truth.

Sadly this hipocrisy happens to many an expat.

He'll come to Thailand and spend his formative years whooping it up in the bars like a dog with two d*cks.

After a couple of years he will then get married to his 'non bar girl TG' who he met in the Novotel - a fact the repeat to everyone they wil meet EVER!

He then thinks he is all of a sudden respectable and a pillar of Bangkok society and then proceeds to slag off anyone who goes into a bar in Thailand at every chance he gets whilst Noi balances on his knee in Rainbow 3............

I wouldn't say Stickman was that bad, Prof. Sure, he has changed, and openly admitted that he no longer feels proud about his time in the 'trenches', but he still devotes half his life to posting information in his column on the goings on in bars (perhaps scared that his traffic will otherwise vanish, but all the same) and who is going to deny him the right to a change of opinion anyway?

I haven't really noticed him being actively against bar-life, he seems to simply respect his marriage.

Sadly this hipocrisy happens to many an expat.

He'll come to Thailand and spend his formative years whooping it up in the bars like a dog with two d*cks.

After a couple of years he will then get married to his 'non bar girl TG' who he met in the Novotel - a fact the repeat to everyone they wil meet EVER!

He then thinks he is all of a sudden respectable and a pillar of Bangkok society and then proceeds to slag off anyone who goes into a bar in Thailand at every chance he gets whilst Noi balances on his knee in Rainbow 3............

Or just perhaps Stickman (and other "old hand" expats) have simply learned a few lessons, and now realise how ignorant, stupid and naive they were when they first came here.....? :o

I wouldn't say Stickman was that bad, Prof. Sure, he has changed, and openly admitted that he no longer feels proud about his time in the 'trenches', but he still devotes half his life to posting information in his column on the goings on in bars (perhaps scared that his traffic will otherwise vanish, but all the same) and who is going to deny him the right to a change of opinion anyway?

I haven't really noticed him being actively against bar-life, he seems to simply respect his marriage.

Stickman,yet another Moral Highgrounder doing his research in the oggling dens in the crusade to rid Thailand of exploitation and social evils.

A good point made earlier is that these quickie aids tests are a waste of time - they are simply not accurate, if they say results on same day don't bother.

Furthermore you cannot even take a valid test until 3 months after infection so a satisfactolry test result only shows that up to 3 months ago you are clean.

Hep B is a much easier thing to catch and is not just sexually transmitted. It would be nice to get some reliable figures on that too.

what i was told is you have a aids test and sometime can show up straight away and you have to have a follow up test 3 months later as the aids can still be in your system and not show up on your first test.

Not quite true Wilko.

I know someone who was diagnosed with HIV+ three weeks after he had contracted it. And we know exactly when and where he got it.

Statistically that is possible but not so in many cases. The actual all clear limit is six months but you can be fairly sure after 3.

It can be very misleading to take just one example and apply it to everyone…

An HIV test won’t detect the presence of the HIV virus immediately after exposure.

Statistics show that 96% (perhaps higher) of all infected individuals will test positive within 2 to 12 weeks. In some cases, this may take up to six months.

Think about this: if you got a negative test at six weeks, would you believe it? Would it make you less anxious? If so, go for it. But to be certain, you will need to be tested again at six months.

what i was told is you have a aids test and sometime can show up straight away and you have to have a follow up test 3 months later as the aids can still be in your system and not show up on your first test.

True..see my posting ... months is the "all clear" period....so long as you haven't put youself at risk during those 6 months...in which case it's go back to GO and do not collect $200!