Walen School - Chiang Rai

MacWalen

• 4 months later...

Our school in Chiang Rai is already operational. We invite you for free demo lessons. We have a regular alphabet class Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10-11.50 and book 1 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 2 till 3.50. Walen is already growing in Chiang Rai. Try our teaching system for free and see for yourself. Do not listen to those who for whatever reason may not like us so much. I am attaching pictures of our teaching team. Ohw, Ploy and Wan are enthusiastic teachers and I am sure you will enjoy learning with them.

Walen School - enjoy your language studies

post-46756-0-08266400-1370846094_thumb.j

post-46756-0-92943100-1370846121_thumb.j

Do excuse me for the bump but I was just busy Googling around I stumbled into this thread, I had to sign up just to voice my opinion. First off I was recommended this school by a close friend of mine and I would in turn recommend it to anyone else who's interested in learning a language(and I already have.) Certain unnamed people in this thread have crossed a line by way of suggesting that the school that taught me so much so fast is anything short of fantastic.

I felt like family at Walen school, It was full of positive energy and I've made some friends for life. Most importantly my time spent there has dramatically improved my Thai. I personally think and I know many others would agree that the true secret to speaking Thai is first learning the script. I simply can't believe that there's another school out there that offers a faster way to efficiently accomplish this and at the same time offer such a friendly environment.

I can't help but notice the lack of actual Walen students complaining about the school. Perhaps the 'naysayers' should try the school themselves rather than theorising that something they have no first hand experience with is flawed.

It certainly worked for me I was very happy there and I'm certain this goes for every Walen student.

Thank you Walen. happy.png

the important question which is the topic of this thread is walan school Chiangrai. Is it open....did you study there?

Yes, we are open for business.

Do excuse me for the bump but I was just busy Googling around I stumbled into this thread, I had to sign up just to voice my opinion. First off I was recommended this school by a close friend of mine and I would in turn recommend it to anyone else who's interested in learning a language(and I already have.) Certain unnamed people in this thread have crossed a line by way of suggesting that the school that taught me so much so fast is anything short of fantastic.

I felt like family at Walen school, It was full of positive energy and I've made some friends for life. Most importantly my time spent there has dramatically improved my Thai. I personally think and I know many others would agree that the true secret to speaking Thai is first learning the script. I simply can't believe that there's another school out there that offers a faster way to efficiently accomplish this and at the same time offer such a friendly environment.

I can't help but notice the lack of actual Walen students complaining about the school. Perhaps the 'naysayers' should try the school themselves rather than theorising that something they have no first hand experience with is flawed.

It certainly worked for me I was very happy there and I'm certain this goes for every Walen student.

Thank you Walen. happy.png

David, thank you for your kind words. Walen teachers are certainly trying their best.

the important question which is the topic of this thread is walan school Chiangrai. Is it open....did you study there?

Actually no, I didn't study at that particular branch however I was addressing the attacks made against the school in general, since it appeared to me as if people were deviating from commenting on any particular school and attacking the school/method as a whole. This being the case, apologies for maintaining the continuity of the derailment.

Where did you study??

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Wow! It is difficult for me to understand the level of animosity leveled at Walen school in this thread!!! Aren't people free to pursue business opportunities in Thailand? I could understand if the business was one that infringed on the freedom of others such as human trafficking but this is a school! There are many foreigners in Thailand who make a living by teaching foreign languages. That's the beauty of free enterprise, we all have opportunities to engage in commerce. Some choose to open restaurants, others bars, others coffee shops or bakeries.

Should we invalidate Walen school because their teaching approach does not agree with our own? I would hope not! Is conversation the only way to learn a language? I for one, am a visual learner. I need to see words written out so that I can have a visual picture and in so doing, I will remember that word in association to the visual image. For me, conversation is the end product of visual learning. I for one, do not learn well in a conversational teaching style.

In the end, students will get out of a class what they are willing to invest. If one invests solely for a visa, so be it! If one invests to truly learn the language, then in the end they will. If one finds that the teaching style of a particular school is not suited to their learning style then they are free to pursue learning at a different school.

Why can't we all just be a little more tolerant, a little more understanding and neighborly. Who of us is qualified to judge the intentions or the heart of another? I for one, wish Walen school great success. If they are successful, it means that others are learning language and still others are gainfully employed. I also wish each and every language school in CR great success. In the end, the schools that deliver the best products and service will survive. That's the beauty of free enterprise.

I gladly welcome any CONSTRUCTIVE reviews of any of the language schools from a first person basis with real of what was good and what needed improving. But third hand opinions and innuendo are not really productive. Remember, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. But give others facts and all can benefit.

• Like 2

Wow! It is difficult for me to understand the level of animosity leveled at Walen school in this thread!!! Aren't people free to pursue business opportunities in Thailand? I could understand if the business was one that infringed on the freedom of others such as human trafficking but this is a school! There are many foreigners in Thailand who make a living by teaching foreign languages.

Basically, No. People aren't free to pursue business opportunities in Thailand. If you have spent more than a year or so here, you would know that. A high percentage of the foreigners teaching have been working without the proper paperwork. You need a work permit to get a visa, but you need a visa to get a work permit. A lot of us still remember, when CM Immigration pulled the plug on all visas from the CMU Language Institute. That included a lot of people, who were paying to volunteer, which incidentally, you also need a work permit for.

Walen appears to be legit., but things can change quickly around here.

Wow! It is difficult for me to understand the level of animosity leveled at Walen school in this thread!!! Aren't people free to pursue business opportunities in Thailand? I could understand if the business was one that infringed on the freedom of others such as human trafficking but this is a school! There are many foreigners in Thailand who make a living by teaching foreign languages.

Basically, No. People aren't free to pursue business opportunities in Thailand. If you have spent more than a year or so here, you would know that. A high percentage of the foreigners teaching have been working without the proper paperwork. You need a work permit to get a visa, but you need a visa to get a work permit. A lot of us still remember, when CM Immigration pulled the plug on all visas from the CMU Language Institute. That included a lot of people, who were paying to volunteer, which incidentally, you also need a work permit for.

Thighlander, actually I have been in Thailand for a number of years already and my understanding is that foreigners are free to pursue business opportunities within the prescribed laws of this land. That means, national partners and proper governmental compliance. However, should I choose to comply with these requirements, I am free to start a school, restaurant, or numerous other businesses.

Thighlander, you are correct that one needs the correct visas to do work or voluntary work here in Thailand. My point was that we need to be tolerant of those who choose to enter into business here in Thailand or anywhere for that matter. Let's encourage one another rather than offering derogatory opinions.

• Like 1

Tighlander. Walen has been around for almost 12 years and we have too much business to do something silly and ruin our reputation. This is must be one of the reasons why many students choose our school.

Regarding business. There are a lot of foreigners successfully conducting business in Thailand. If you have a good idea you can do a lot in LOS.

Edited by MacWalen

• 2 months later...

will you be teaching financial training in Chiang Rai as well. The same as you do in Pattaya . Just wondering

Kevvy, it depends on the level of interest. I teach those courses personally so I would have see how many we could get. Would you be joining?

Edited by MacWalen

will you be teaching financial training in Chiang Rai as well. The same as you do in Pattaya . Just wondering

Kevvy, it depends on the level of interest. I teach those courses personally so I would have see how many we could get. Would you be joining?

sorry , the answer is no. just like you I have a successful business in Thailand and will be retiring next year , I will invest most of my capital in Australia.

Edited by kevvy

• 2 weeks later...

Meaning they teach very well. We have demo lessons, free of charge, you can see for yourself. If you disagree you can post your experience, also you can talk to other students in the class and ask them how they feel about the teachers. We have only 3 instructors at this time as the numbers of students is still relatively small but we hope to grow.

• 8 months later...

I started a course in CR Walen, to improve my pronunciation.

We have an international group of students. The classrooms are nice and comfortable.

The instructors are professional, patient, and very easy on the eyes. I also like the lesson format.

I have high hopes and will post updates once in awhile.

Edited by rijb
  • Like 2

We have an international group of students. The classrooms are nice and comfortable.

The instructors are professional, patient, and very easy on the eyes. I also like the lesson format.

rijb try having a look at this utube site it is so easy to learn

Thank you johnmarhall. I like that video. There are lots of great materials out there.

I'm at a point where I need somebody to listen and correct my pronunciation.

I want to get more confident in my speaking abilities. Then, I won't have to drink before I speak. smile.png

I'm also interested in taking classes. How many classes do you go per week?

I have heard about this school from a friend , He said they were very good , They were not the cheapest , but their services were not just about taking his money and leaving him in the lurch as far as the ed visa was concerned, I am annoyed as he speaks thai fairly well.

I'm also interested in taking classes. How many classes do you go per week?

Twice a week, 2 hours per session. I think there are other options.

Stop in. The women are easy to talk to and won't give you a hard sell.

• 8 months later...