Good Place To Stay In Ao Nang

Harrykrabi

Recently moved here from up country in Thailand and we started off for a week and a half in a local hotel til we found a place to rent. I have to say that the hotel was really excellent, the staff were extraordinary, the service faultless and the room was very very nice indeed, good air con, superbly clean they really went that extra mile to make us very welcome. So if anyone is coming and wants a really friendly place to stay thats not at all expensive then try the Ao Nang V I P hotel, its on the main drag by the Post office (same side) and they have their own website too. 200 % score in every way, when my friends come visit I know where I am going to tell them to stay ! PM me for their contact details etc....

Hi Harry welcome to aonang/krabi glad you enjoyed your stay in ao nang how ever if this hotel is near the post office then its hardly located on the main drag ,the main drag Is the beach road the post office is actually at least a 20 minute walk from the main drag Not good location if you are coming to be close to the beach there is an abundance of guesthouses/bungalow resorts with better location than this IMO.

Maybe, just maybe, the OP has an 'interest' in said place. I can recommend a load of places .... on the Beach Road or very close! I don't/won't for the simple fact that everyone is different and expects differences from wherever they stay.

I usually stay at Ao Nang Village which is across from the McDonalds Plaza and one door up from Ao Nang Grand Inn Backpacker Hotel.

K. Bo the owner, extremely good guy, nice rooms with either a balcony or a garden view outdoor area, truly a short walk to the waterfront unlike the OP's hotel.

Really if you want to be right on the beach ao nang is no good as it only really had a few expensive hotels beach front and then you still have a road to cross and the beach is not brillantnopparat thara is alot better beach and has a few bungalow resorts but still a little noisy and again road in front of beach if you cross the canal at the end of nopparat beach there is some real old style bungalow resorts set in untouched nature no motorbikes no roads and absolute beachfront you step right out your bungalow on to a lovely quiet and secluded beach beatifull place to relax and chill away from the noise and crowds of ao nang

Really if you want to be right on the beach ao nang is no good as it only really had a few expensive hotels beach front and then you still have a road to cross and the beach is not brillantnopparat thara is alot better beach and has a few bungalow resorts but still a little noisy and again road in front of beach if you cross the canal at the end of nopparat beach there is some real old style bungalow resorts set in untouched nature no motorbikes no roads and absolute beachfront you step right out your bungalow on to a lovely quiet and secluded beach beatifull place to relax and chill away from the noise and crowds of ao nang

Quite some time since you've been there I assume, there's always been an access track to those bungalows but now it's been paved so even trucks have access. It is everythig else you say though.

Hi Harry welcome to aonang/krabi glad you enjoyed your stay in ao nang how ever if this hotel is near the post office then its hardly located on the main drag ,the main drag Is the beach road the post office is actually at least a 20 minute walk from the main drag Not good location if you are coming to be close to the beach there is an abundance of guesthouses/bungalow resorts with better location than this IMO.

Do you know any other road that leads down to Ao Nang beachfront? No? then it's the main drag then!

Do you know any other road that leads down to Ao Nang beachfront? No? then it's the main drag then!

Huh as said the post office is located right at the end of the road going out off ao nang I wouldn't even try to walk that from the beach it's at least 20-30 minute walk, for me the main drag consists of the road running along the beachfront

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of the people posting on here must have trouble with basic English, did I ever say it was right by the beach ? No. What I said was when we first came here we stayed there for abt a week til we found a house to rent, we did NOT want to be right by the beach in all the noise and hordes of tourists going on til 2 or 3 am. The place suited us for our purpose, it was as stated friendly clean and the guy who owns it is from England I think or America and he helped us find the place we now rent. Any suggestion of me having something to do with the place is ridiculous. And what a sleepy forum ! Nothing on here.

Harry I think the use of the term "main drag" is what threw people for a loop here. For those of us who know Ao Nang, I believe we would consider "main drag" as from Krabi Resort - to the other side - MacDonalds Plaza.

You're right, this is a sleepy forum. Mods, if you see this possible to fix Harry's post (?), I think he accidentally hit the italics button.