Current Turnaround Times For Visas From Uk Embassy

Wife and mother in law took their documents to the VFS on 07 Feb at 1030 and 1040 respectively. Wife got the email to collect the Passports from VFS this morning, making it a turnaround time of under a full week, including the weekend.

All paperwork was done by ourselves no agents, results tomorrow, but should be okay, do not see the Embassy not accepting them and not issuing Visas, as both passports being returned at the same time is a bit of a coincidence, also both have valid Schengen visas as we are also traveling within Europe.

Processing times for Tourist visas are 5/7 working days in general.

was 1 x visitor visa and 1 x family visa, times are great at the moment.

Why was it one visitor visa and one family visa ?

Family visa for wife, and tourist for mother in law (as when I read the bit about family it seemed that it was unclear about Mother in Laws, however VFS said that it could have been done as a family visa, but they accepted the application as it was).

Processing times for Tourist visas are 5/7 working days in general.

was 1 x visitor visa and 1 x family visa, times are great at the moment.

Why was it one visitor visa and one family visa ?

Family visa for wife, and tourist for mother in law (as when I read the bit about family it seemed that it was unclear about Mother in Laws, however VFS said that it could have been done as a family visa, but they accepted the application as it was).

Mother in law is entitled to a family visit visa, giving a right of appeal if refused.

The visit is to visit my mother, and I did not see any relationship between my mother and my mother in law, and being sick nothing clicked mentally at the time, but VFS did actually inform both my wife and MIL that she could apply for a family visitors visa.

Also, found it to be less paperwork to apply for a tourist visa than a family one, maybe I am wrong but it seemed like that.

Edited by beano2274

The visit is to visit my mother, and I did not see any relationship between my mother and my mother in law, and being sick nothing clicked mentally at the time, but VFS did actually inform both my wife and MIL that she could apply for a family visitors visa.

Also, found it to be less paperwork to apply for a tourist visa than a family one, maybe I am wrong but it seemed like that.

Sorry. I assumed that you are in the UK, and that wife and her mother are visiting you.