Clinton Invites Surapong To Thai-US Strategic Dialogue

webfact

Clinton invites Surapong to Thai-US Strategic Dialogue

BANGKOK, 12 June 2012 (NNT) – US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has invited Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul to visit the US to discuss strategic cooperation between Thailand and the US.

Mr Surapong is currently on a visit to Washington DC for the 4th Thai-US Strategic Dialogue during June 11-14 at the invitation of Mrs Clinton. The Thai Minister is scheduled to hold an official discussion with the US Secretary of State on June 13.

Then, he will meet with US senators who have roles in US foreign policies. He will also meet with leading American businesspeople, who are members of the US-ASEAN Business Council and the US Chamber of Commerce, to exchange views on the situations in the US and the ASEAN region.

Mr Surapong is scheduled to meet the Thai ambassador to Washington DC to hear a report on important US policies and to create an understanding of issues that Thailand plans to push forward in the US.

After the dialogue, the Minister will be in Los Angeles from June 15-16. He will join the Interior Ministry in presiding over the launch of the Thai identification card issuance project for Thai citizens abroad. There, he will also converse with members of the Thai community and listen to their difficulties when living in the US.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-06-12 footer_n.gif

BANGKOK, 12 June 2012 (NNT) – US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has invited Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul to visit the US to discuss strategic cooperation between Thailand and the US.

He is already in the Untied States of America, so I assume he will meet Clinton for this chit chat over an expensive dinner.

Perhaps to meet with Bill and friends later.

They have plenty to talk about including NASA and it's weather project, revitalizing UTP for US military use, and of course the relocation of US Navy & Airforce plus political and military elite to escape nuclear fallout from Fulushima. God bless Wayne Mad-as-a-March-hare-sen!!

Will YS tag along too?

Don't think big bro would send her there. Remember its a dialogue, people might ASK QUESTIONS, which is very different from reading a speech from a piece of paper. That surely is way to much responsibility for Cinderella.

Edited by Nickymaster

Will YS tag along too?

Only if there is something really important happening in the parliamentary house.

Looking at the visit itinerary I think Surapong will be so far out of his depth it will be akin to treading water over the top of the Mariana Trench.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be a stimulating conversation for both parties...if Clinton can be patient enough to let the man finish his sentences:

[media=]

[/media]

Amazing Thailand. Most top positions are filled with people without (political) experience. Like Surapong said: "I am not working for Thaksin".

Yes Surapong, you were made the FM because of your experience, right?

Edited by Nickymaster

I think you may find that Thaksin's family in general have a rather strong aversion to visiting America in view of that which happened when Thaksin himself was in America some years back.

Hence the lap dog was selected for the trip.

I'm sure it will be a stimulating conversation for both parties...if Clinton can be patient enough to let the man finish his sentences:

[media=]

[/media]

Amazing Thailand. Most top positions are filled with people without (political) experience. Like Surapong said: "I am not working for Thaksin".

Yes Surapong, you were made the FM because of your experience, right?

laugh.pngthumbsup.gifcheesy.gif