Pattaya Property: Foreigners Responsible For Half Of The Market

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-news/2012/8/1531/indians-chinese-attracted-to-pattaya-property

A new research report from Colliers International notes that Thais and foreigners are now roughly equal in terms of buying activity, while Chinese and Indians could possibly be the new superpowers in terms of nationalities buying in the city.

Indians are buying in Pattaya, my personal expeience has been they prefer the lower end market with a few purchaing penthouses around the 40m market.

The Thai market is very strong especially with some BKK developers that are on their first Pattaya project.

Obviously the normal negative comments will follow but in all the article is reasonably correct.

Russians, and other Eastern European nationalities, are still present of course, but their importance in the market as a whole is diminishing as other nationalities and local Thai buyers become more active.

Well at the moment it is a dump. Especially the jomtien part.

Just visited last weekend and i guess i have to start learning Russian to be able to read the menu. Luckily it is also in Thai.

Escaped a disaster hotel that had a very nice website but in reality it just stinks. After driving around a few hours we just left.

My goodness....