Internet

priyan

Go to the AIS office at the airport just outside the arrival gate and tell them you want a prepaid SIM card with 3G. I think it's about 700Bt for a month validity and 3Gb. The staff speak good English and are very helpful.

There are probably cheaper options but there aren't any quite so convenient.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

I'd suggest you do a search in this forum first:

http://www.thaivisa....ion-technology/

And I think this topic is best over there anyway. Topic Moved.

The link which you posted takes me to visa issue topic.. my.concern is about getting internet in hand..

Hmmm....the link works for me. Anyway...seems you're getting some answers. An easy way to get this sorted is to head to your local mall. You can get a sim card in short order and they can help you get it setup if needed. The cards work all over Thailand.

Go to the AIS office at the airport just outside the arrival gate and tell them you want a prepaid SIM card with 3G. I think it's about 700Bt for a month validity and 3Gb. The staff speak good English and are very helpful.

There are probably cheaper options but there aren't any quite so convenient.

Not all phones support 3g on 900 mhz band. Besides, Ais 3g sucks big time. True-h and dtac 3g much better

Can we get the sim in airport itself? Coz am highly relied on GPS so I should be having internet as soon as I come out of airport.

Probably. Ask at the info desk if nobody here has a definite source. You can get a sim even in the Saigon airport, so should be no problem here.

Not all phones support 3g on 900 mhz band. Besides, Ais 3g sucks big time. True-h and dtac 3g much better

And not all phones support 3G on 850 mhz.. For example, as far as I'm aware, all networks in the UK use 900 mhz for 3G and, unless the phone supports both, the phones sold in the UK only support 3G at 900 mhz.

Living in Chonburi I've been using AIS 3G for over a year now without any problems and it works fine on the odd occasion I go down the coast to Pattaya.

I will add that for about a three month period I used both AIS (postpaid) and DTAC (prepaid) at the same time and they both worked equally as well. Didn't try True-H because, at the time, their 3G wasn't available in Chonburi.

The first thing is to check whether the phone supports both systems. If it does the choice is yours, however if it doesn't the choice is made for you.

• Like 1

What band does these carriers support?? I have 900/2100 hspa device.

Then you go to AIS. True and DTAC are 850mhz.

What band does these carriers support?? I have 900/2100 hspa device.

900 mhz is ais 3g

2100 mhz is cheaper tot3g

Thanks for the info.