Comparing Chevy Trailblazer To Pajero Sport 2013

mccw

I was looking between Toyota and Mitsubishi as the starting favourites and decided on the padjero. Reasons being less role on the corners and a bit more immediate power under foot for uphill over taking + the seat and air con formats nice.

I'll just point out I'm talking the top of the range 4x4 2013 models.

Now I'm 99% made up my mind this was the car for us but then I walk past the Chevy trailblazer in the shopping centre yesterday. I never really gave it much thought before since I've zero experience this brand but do have plenty the others.

So the trailblazer; first off I like the looks a lot better than the padjero. It's got good strong defined lines rather than all rounded pompooy. Like the difference between an e36 and e46 if we were talking BMWs (and I'd rather take the older better looking one if offered the choice of one for free). Second it's feels more spacious inside and even with the seats up in the back the way the boot lid aarches it's still got a reasonable / more space for shopping. Other things I like is the interior styling feels more modern and the seats more comfortable.

I haven't been for a test drive yet and how it performs could well clinch it. How have others found it?

Any issues with parts and servicing?

I heard that this new model has the great computerised sensors/ suspension etc so ride and handling is all maximised for the road conditions. But that could be a sales pitch / owners repeated mantra to feel good about thier motor. However I read on one inter nattional forum that in Iraq it was thier favourite vehicle for private security and held up the best out of all the vehicle they had; batteriNguyen conditions and used hard in short space of time; surely like a life time of standard Thai family driving.

I will be driving up mountain roads so need power and pull for over taking trucks + not soggy suspension for the cornering. Not that I drive too fast as some people complain lean on padjero but for me it's not feel bad at all. Much better than fortuner. So how does trail blazer compare. I will see on test drive but obviously can get a handle on everything from one short drive so would like to hear experiences also.

Cheers.

Also the air con I did notice Chevy has the 3 sets through back but didn't notice separate controls , have or not?

Also I negotiated a 40k discount off the list price on the top range full spec full option 2013

Padjero would only discount if I took a "new" 2012 model 30k but if like this I prefer to take a new one.

I am about to buy the chevy trailblazer full options. I was not able to test drive it yet but was wondering if it still sounds like a truck (same as Fortuner) or if it a bit more like a SUV urban style.

I do not like Captiva as I think it is too small.

Thanks for any advice,

GJ

Edited by greatjob

Do they still have the problem with the engine noise? I had heard they have a very loud Isuzu engine...

The Trailblazer has never had an Isuzu engine - though you would be excused for thinking they do based on the sound alone ;)

It's a little disappointing that they aren't quieter, especially when the competition (notably Toyota) have been substantially quieter for around 10 years now, but inside the cabin the clatter is pretty well damped - it's only people outside the car that will think a Kubota is coming ;)

• Like 2

Regarding the "discount", the 2012 PJS model is just being sold... the price it was in 2012 (1.179.000 THB). Not a real discount there. It would be one if they sold it that price and added on all the additions of the 2013 model for free.

Edited by freemindxs

Trailblazer 2.8 L engine is very loud, very surprising since it's a brand new engine and like IMHO said Toyota and others have been making quieter diesels for over 10 years. I also like the fold flat seats better in the PJS.

Trailblazer 2.8 L engine is very loud, very surprising since it's a brand new engine and like IMHO said Toyota and others have been making quieter diesels for over 10 years. I also like the fold flat seats better in the PJS.

The fold-flats are a big selling point also in the Captiva. I'm sure we'll see those in the new Everest and Fortuners. At least the Tuners fold up, compared with my first gen Everest, which you had to UNBOLT to remove. Not sure about the MU7s and others?

The Trailblazer has some good features, but you get very few of the features that distinguish it from the direct competition unless you go for the LTZ or LTZ1 by which time you are getting close to 1.5 million baht. The LT model and below are very sparsely specified.

Trail blazer has fold flat seats in2013 as well.

Also I found the middle row easier to put forward for getting out of the back and click in when getting in. The Pjs had a problem locking on first few goes in both the show model and the test drive so not just a freak problem, I think that would get annoying over time with kids Olin the way etc.

You do have to fold the seat all the way to the front first before it will lock into place. I own a PJS, and I also have sat in my friend's PJS and we don't have that seat problem.

Also I found the middle row easier to put forward for getting out of the back and click in when getting in. The Pjs had a problem locking on first few goes in both the show model and the test drive so not just a freak problem, I think that would get annoying over time with kids Olin the way etc.

From what I have seen the Trailblazer seats fold flat but they don't fold into the floor, so what you end up with is a flat surface but this surface is bout 10cm or so above the floor of the car.

Not sure I understand the seat issue. I have no problems with the 2nd row locking in for my PJS, and as I have what seems to be far too many children they are climbing in and out of the third row all the time. Unless perhaps you didn't release the handle when folding the seat back into place?

I mean the seat not locking in to the base of the body when going to put it back for sitting after getting in. The demonstrator had a problem with this also. Three or four bangs until click / locked.

From what I have seen the Trailblazer seats fold flat but they don't fold into the floor, so what you end up with is a flat surface but this surface is bout 10cm or so above the floor of the car.

I see what u mean. The result seems to be pjs has a little less space behind the seats when all 7 up. I don't see big advantage of total flat floor if it equals less space. Just so long as they do go down flat and don't need physically removing like some old style motors. The rear seats felt a bit more rooms with easier get in n out than pjs swell, as if the wheel arches don't protrude in to the body of the car so much?

I mean the seat not locking in to the base of the body when going to put it back for sitting after getting in. The demonstrator had a problem with this also. Three or four bangs until click / locked.

Weird..never had that problem :)

Weird..never had that problem :)

Ok

That's good

Cheers for the first hand info. Maybe just bad luck or some other reason. I do like the pjs and that was one major point I worried about.

The test drive of trail blazer will clinch it.

As a side note I like the blue and red colours available on the trailblazer a bit more than the same old tones everyone's got like pjs and Toyota and the others

Weird..never had that problem smile.png

Ok

That's good

Cheers for the first hand info. Maybe just bad luck or some other reason. I do like the pjs and that was one major point I worried about.

The test drive of trail blazer will clinch it.

As a side note I like the blue and red colours available on the trailblazer a bit more than the same old tones everyone's got like pjs and Toyota and the others

Also never had the problem with the second row seats locking in position. Regarding the third row of seats I think you are correct as I have heard that there is a little more room in the Trailblazer, but the PJS seems fine for U12 football teams and the locals fit eaily for longer trips, but wouldn't fancy it myself other than for short journeys!!

Also agree that the Mitsubishi colour choices are not very exciting.

The Mitsubishi Challenger platform.... oops, I meant Pajero has been around since 1996. Even with updates it's still an old vehicle.

Actually, the current Pajero Sport's platform dates back to 2006, though the actual Pajero Sport wasn't released until 2008.

The one you're talking about there is the previous generation which was sold here as the G-Wagon.

Edited by IMHO

The Mitsubishi Challenger platform.... oops, I meant Pajero has been around since 1996. Even with updates it's still an old vehicle.

Actually, the current Pajero Sport's platform dates back to 2006, though the actual Pajero Sport wasn't released until 2008.

The one you're talking about there is the previous generation which was sold here as the G-Wagon.

I just checked Wikipedia. It and I disagree with you.

post-63954-0-38799800-1365769581_thumb.j

I just checked Wikipedia. It and I disagree with you.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture3.jpg

Read it again, Wikipedia's article says the second generation SUV based on the Triton was introduced in 2008.

The production chart is for both first and second generation.

Edited by Jitar