4 Billion Baht Proposal: Loxley-A G T Offers Flood Simulations

webfact

BT4-BILLION PROPOSAL
Loxley-AGT offers flood simulations

Pongphon Sarnsamak
The Nation

30207636-01_big.jpg
Dr Ammarin Daranpop, a senior consultant for Loxely Public Co Ltd, presents ReadyMIND to members of the media yesterday.

Water-management system offers real-time data on flood scenarios

BANGKOK: -- In a move to overcome tough competition for the Bt350 billion water-and-flood management infrastructure, the Loxley-AGT consortium has come up with a unique solution, which was demonstrated at a special session for the media and other officials recently.

The company first introduced the system, called ReadyMIND, at the 2nd Asia-Pacific Water Summit in Chiang Mai last month.

The ReadyMIND platform comprises a five-layered system that monitors, simulates and predicts floods and droughts, Loxley Public Co Ltd's senior consultant and special project Dr Ammarin Daranpob explained.

The Loxley-AGT consortium is one of the bidders who have submitted their proposal for modules A6 and B4 worth Bt4 billion. There are nine modules for the water-and-flood management project and winning bids for each module should be announced next week.

In the ReadyMIND system, the first layer will collect real-time data such as weather, actual rain and water levels using sensors as well as information from the operational system and the Net.

For the second layer, a national data centre will be established to gather local water and weather-related information from different sources and in different formats, which will be aggregated and standardised into one integrated national data warehouse, providing all the necessary information needed for analysis, modelling and forecasting.

The third layer will focus on advanced modelling and simulation to help cut the impact of disasters by predicting how real situations will unfold. It also helps with accurate evaluations by running "what-if" scenarios, recommending preventive measures, the allocation of limited resources as well as highlighting ways of optimising the operation of infrastructure such as gates and pumps that could potentially cut down on flooding considerably. This layer supports planning and preparation during routine operations, as well as real-time emergency response during floods.

In the fourth layer, the ReadyMIND creates a comprehensive situational awareness picture that integrates weather information, tele-metry data and CCTV video as well as equipment status, system status, emergency resources, operational plans, events and alerts in real time at multiple levels across the country. This information is then displayed on a geographic information system map.

The last layer facilitates cross-agency collaboration, decision making and information dissemination ensuring the development of a coordinated, national response strategy and multi-tier water resources and crisis management.

According to Ammarin, these systems have already been implemented in several other countries such as the Netherlands and China to manage their water resources and reduce the impact of floods.

"We expect to win this module as we are confident that our solution will solve the country's flooding problems," Loxley's senior executive vice president Suroj Lamsam said. He said he believes that the government will not cancel this bidding even if there is strong opposition for other modules like dams and floodways.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-05

Bla, bla, bla... The rainy season has already started, and nothing has ever been done, except showing off the "great be edit of the Megaprojects...

If this group, Loxley-AGT hasn't even asked locals, they're no better than Ploddi and co....

Just bragged up plans, but what about consulting people??? Where is the people's involvement???

4Billion kachillian Baht my a$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by MaxLee

"We expect to win this module as we are confident that our solution will solve the country's flooding problems,"

This solution is only to collect and analyse data. It's a start but it won't solve anything contrary to what the VP is saying...

This is a joke.............right?

No this is reality... The plan is just for show, the name Loxley is just a face status name,... but actions never happen,.... just another under the table obey collection for future compensation payments and money for future vote buying...

Sounds a very reasonable proposal, only guessing but would suggest that the internal computed cost is around 2 billion baht so the 4 billion bid would, on the 'one for you, one for me' principle allow 2 billion to be spread amongst the troughs. I can hear the snouts twitching already.

The ReadyMIND platform comprises a five-layered system that monitors, simulates and predicts floods and droughts

My 8-layered GT2000 system is much more accurate. I offer it to the Thai govt at just 1 billion baht. rolleyes.gif

post-12195-0-98793600-1370411454_thumb.j

• Like 1

Of course it ignores the political aspect of water control, which was central to the last major nation-wide flood. Political shenanigans over the rice crop going to the political quid pro quo payback pledging scheme, was a major part of the floods being significantly worse.

Loxley is a Team Thaksin controlled company, so this is a crony contract bid, that they are sure they will win, and the money won't get syphoned off somewhere else.

Sure it sounds like a good idea, but the devil is in the details and implementation...

Oh and of course the skimming and kickbacks.

wrong political allegiance

The major shareholders of Loxley were the Chatikavanij and Lamsam families even though the firm is a public company. For finance minister Korn’s extended family, the Chatikavanij’s, cannot find them as big shareholders. They certainly had filled a number of key positions. In addition to the current executive vice-president, the former chairman was also a Chatikavanij.................................................

According to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the main shareholder of Loxley is a private company called Ekpavee Co. Ltd with 28 percent. Below that you quickly move to those who own 1percent or less. There are quite a few Lamsams in there. There are four Lamsams on the Board. As Ekpavee Co. Ltd is a private company, it is hard to know who owns it, but a Panthip poster has checked the company details with the company registrar and again we find lots of Lamsams on the Board. It is difficult to say precisely, but by all reports and the list of directors, Loxley is under the control of the Lamsams.

Pothipong Lamsam was a Democrat MP and former Deputy Minister, was last year a shadow Deputy Prime Minister and is now on the Board of the Democrats. His daughter, Nualphan Lamsam, is a former Assistant Secretary-General (money bags) of the party and is now a Deputy Minister. Another Lamsam, this time Banthoon Lamsam, the CEO of Kasikorn Bank was approached to run for the Bangkok Governor as a Democrat. He was also floated as a potential Finance Minister although that was always unlikely. http://asiancorrespondent.com/27179/who-owns-loxley/
Edited by gobi
  • Like 1

Had IPSTAR and it was tied closely to Thaksin and CSLOXINFO was on the billing,

but Thaicom Shinsat & DTV ltd, were direct tie-ins. I dumped IPSTAR when I could, rather than

send any money to Shin, DTV, AIS or Thaksin's minions of any stripe,

which would be serially shooting my own foot.

Seems Loxely doesn't care who they work with.

As usual there is an rather incestuous relations between the uber HiSo money men,

and their intertwined networks of companies hiding companies and controllers.

Edited by animatic

When I see the name Loxley I think of Robin Hood.

This one doesn't doesn't give to the poor though.

Or Robbing Hoods, rather than Robin Hood, as Genesis memorably put it ? rolleyes.gif

This post made my day... That's EXACTLY what these people are doing, as they demand 4 billion kachillian Baht from the taxpayers money for their show...