Kids Schools And Post

Hi moving to Samui next year

In the unlikely event that my kids (then aged 16& 13 ) decide to come with me (hope they do) I am under the impression that there aren't really any secondary schooling facilities (they are English by the way) I could not find any international schools for them

If push came to shove I would always move elsewhere eg Phuket where I know there are int'n'l schools but if one of you know of a good alternative on Samui please could you let me know

Also if you are living there as an ex pat and you are obviously having post sent to you from the UK eg statements etc is the postal service good is it better to thake a PO box or just send to your address

Many thanks

Mike

No int'l school. Dulwich is being build for how long already.. it is still only a piece of land with a sign.

Dulwich is the one that had to drop the name becaaue the delivered quality was far to low to earn a name like that. (The one in Phuket). I really think this dulwich on Samui will never be build. Other schools, very low quality when compared to western schools. If you want your kids to have a decent study, don't take them with you!

Other areas in Thailand might have better schools , Bangkok , Huahin, Chonburi have international schools. I have no idea about the quality in those places.

Hi Mike 1963, sorry can't help you with schools, but Re post it is wise to have a PO Box.

Thanks rooo sorry for being such a <deleted> but as somebody who has never had a PO box where would I start - i would like to set it up before I leave the UK

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike 1963, sorry can't help you with schools, but Re post it is wise to have a PO Box.

Thanks rooo sorry for being such a <deleted> but as somebody who has never had a PO box where would I start - i would like to set it up before I leave the UK

Thanks

Mike

Mike , just go to the nearest post office when you get here & rent one.Doing it from the UK ?I don't think you can. I assume they still require ID & signatures.

Just get your mail held at at home for a bit , till you advise them of your new address here.

Edited by Rooo

Hi moving to Samui next year

In the unlikely event that my kids (then aged 16& 13 ) decide to come with me (hope they do) I am under the impression that there aren't really any secondary schooling facilities (they are English by the way) I could not find any international schools for them

If push came to shove I would always move elsewhere eg Phuket where I know there are int'n'l schools but if one of you know of a good alternative on Samui please could you let me know

Hi mike1963,

If your kids do decide to come and you decide to stick with Samui, another option is boarding at an international school somewhere else in Thailand and coming to Samui on the weekends/holidays. There are several schools in Bangkok and other areas. Samui is only an hours flight from bangkok, so easy for weekend trips if your budget can afford it! School holidays are frequent so even if they came then you would still see them regularly.

PM if you'd like more info (I work in a British int'l school with boarding facilities).