Lomprayah pier in Donsak

Thanks. Can I get one from Nakhon ST airport upon arrival, what do you think? Otherwise I'll probably be able to get a ride to Surat and change there.

If you are flying Nok Air, they have a Ferry/Plane ticket. They organise all the transfers.You can also check at Nakhon Si airport, they have transfer desks, I am sure they can get you to anyone of the ferries.

• Like 1

Air Asia. I have a ticket with Raja included (plus ride to Raja pier) but I'm feeling like going with Lomprayah instead, safer & faster. Will waste a bit of money but , ah well, you live and learn.

Both ferries travel the same speed, and often times Raja ferry manages to get me to Koh Samui quicker. I'm guessing it's location is closer to Donsak. Safety wise they are the same, as the condition is the same. Raja ferry is less controlling about laying on the seats or having your feet on the seats while you sleep. The food might not be as good, but whoever eats on a ferry deserves what they get, IMO.

I don't know the difference between Lomprayah and Raja. The last time I did not take Seatran, from the Seatran Ferry Port, it was a total rip-off. They did not leave when they said they would and the ferry was way over crowded. As long as there is a choice, I will always take Seatran.

I don't know the difference between Lomprayah and Raja. The last time I did not take Seatran, from the Seatran Ferry Port, it was a total rip-off. They did not leave when they said they would and the ferry was way over crowded. As long as there is a choice, I will always take Seatran.

You are getting me confused here.biggrin.png

Raja & Seatran are the big car / truck ferries,Seatran is the better one,they both leave from Dongsak from neighboring terminals.

Travel time approx 1.30 to 1.45 hours.

Lomprayah terminal is further up North & also services the KPG Somstrem (?). Lomprayah is not a car ferry but a Highspeed Cat, true they run eratically between Samui & Dongsak route and most time delayed or replaced with a high speed boat.

Travel time approx 45-50 minutes.

• Like 1

Raja & Seatran are the big car / truck ferries,Seatran is the better one,they both leave from Dongsak from neighboring terminals.

Lomprayah terminal is further up North & also services the KPG Somstrem (?). Lomprayah is not a car ferry but a Highspeed Cat, true they run eratically between Samui & Dongsak route and most time delayed or replaced with a high speed boat.

Sorry for the confusion. I was confused too, having never heard of Lomprayah or Raja. I only know about the two terminals at Dongsak. There is a service that leaves from the International terminal at Dongsak that does not carry cars, just people. That is the one to avoid. bah.gif Seatran is nice, and a fair price. thumbsup.gif

Sorry for the confusion. I was confused too, having never heard of Lomprayah or Raja. I only know about the two terminals at Dongsak. There is a service that leaves from the International terminal at Dongsak that does not carry cars, just people. That is the one to avoid. bah.gif Seatran is nice, and a fair price. thumbsup.gif

That had me totally confused as well.... but the likely reason the ferry was late on leaving was no doubt due to them waiting for a bus from the airport or elsewhere... fair enough, I think...

Lomprayah charges more because of the shorter travel time... if it's not late of course... but not always their fault. (That can be the same with all the ferries).

Personally I don't find a big difference between Seatran or Raja, although it can depend on which ferry is actually running.

Do note though that I'm going to KPG. I don't think Seatran go from Donsak to KPG?

oh yes! w00t.gif .......well you could stop over on Samui and do some shopping! tongue.png

It was other posters who through the topic off! whistling.gif

It's surprising Lomprayah's web site does not seem to give info on the Donsak run... not that I could find anyway! wink.png

Well, I did not mention I'm going to KPG to be fair. Forgot. Seatran stop on Samui though, don't they? Raja don't, not sure about Lomprayah.

There's precious little accurate & up-to-date info on KPG online. For me personally, it's a bonus...

Edited by AngThong

not sure where anybodies going on this post

why not just ask whats the best /fastest way to KPG [from donsak] and be done with it

usually you get better answers when you ask the right questions

both seatran and Raja go to samui