Travel Agent Who Can Get Cambodian Visas?

BruceMangosteen

Anyone know of a local in Pattaya, travel agent, who can either do an eVisa or arrange a Cambodian Visa? My credit card has been denied on the eVisa sit. I'm willing to pay a "reasonable" surcharge. Yes, I know available at the borders and airport entries. Just prefer to have one in my passport in case of an emergency(flee) and avoid the ques and scams. The eVisa costs apx. $30.usd. There is an indication of travel agency service. Sending my passport to Bangkok with such an agency is also an option one would assume but as she goes from one agent to the next, nothing but dumb looks and "you can get at border".

you would have to be careful dealing with agents regarding visas and imo it wouldn't be wise to trust sending a passport with other parties. A passport should be with you all times.Just take a trip to Bangkok and go to the Cambodian embassy yourself. Go on the MRT subway to Huay Kwang and the embassy is not far from there . You can get the visa within a matter of 20 to 30 min

Edited by Asiantravel

Any third party can do it - get a friend to do the e-visa online for you and give him cash.

Print off two copes and slip them in or staple them in your passport.

$28 is the cost and it can only be used, on entry, at airports plus land crossings at Poipet and Had Lek. You can exit through any border point though..

Yes, there is a Cambodian Consulate in Pattaya.

I've seen the sign at Big C South(Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai) but never thought it was a "real" Consulate. I'll stop by there but never heard of anyone getting a VISA at same. I'll report my findings and success here. The actual VISA costs $20.usd. eVisa is $28.usd. Using an internet "agent" is $60.usd. Hoping the Pattaya Consulate is the reasonable $20.usd..

Any third party can do it - get a friend to do the e-visa online for you and give him cash.

Print off two copes and slip them in or staple them in your passport.

$28 is the cost and it can only be used, on entry, at airports plus land crossings at Poipet and Had Lek. You can exit through any border point though..

Two points....I had assumed a travel agency would be set up to do this.....second point, I don't want to ask a friend as security of the credit card always an issue over here and one can imagine the grief from "friend"....lastly, I don't have friends here whom I would ask. I've burnt my bridges to England and the few Americans I know would hesitate as would I receiving such a request.

you would have to be careful dealing with agents regarding visas and imo it wouldn't be wise to trust sending a passport with other parties. A passport should be with you all times.Just take a trip to Bangkok and go to the Cambodian embassy yourself. Go on the MRT subway to Huay Kwang and the embassy is not far from there . You can get the visa within a matter of 20 to 30 min

Your warning is well thought out. However, the agents do it all the time for Vietnam and China and I assume other countries. Friends have never had a "problem" but as with many things, it only takes one problem to ruin your day not to mention, your stay/vist/life. The idea of just taking a trip to Bangkok, well as said, I'm willing to pay someone to do it for me. Back to the OP, any agents have the form and runners who do this like they do for Vietnam and China VISA's?

I have been there several times and each time use http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/default.aspx to arrange my visa. You upload a reasonable photo, pay on line and the visa is with you in about two days.

Thanks for the effort and link. However, as mentioned, my one and only credit card didn't work(two attempts) and I don't want to continue using it causing an alarm to go off and the card being suspended etc.. Pings from Asia certainly will set off an alarm due to the credit card fraud over here. That is the web sit I used, the direct to the Government but I still don't want to trust it as I assume a sub-contractor. Plan B in the works. Hopefully Pattaya Tai is a real consulate with VISA's available. I have my doubts but I'll continue to think positive and ask the girlfriend to go check on it. Wish me luck. (space in my passport not an issue, thanks to whomever was going to remind me it takes up a full page)

Not sure what your reasons are for wanting a Cambodian visa in your passport and not questioning them without knowing.

However just to let you know, I used to do border runs for quite a few years. Crossed the border into to Cambodia at 5 different places and the most I’ve ever paid for the visa has been 1000 Baht, and the least has been $20. A $20 visa is quite easily acquired at Poi Pet, but more difficult at the smaller border crossings.

Your warning is well thought out. However, the agents do it all the time for Vietnam and China and I assume other countries. Friends have never had a "problem" but as with many things, it only takes one problem to ruin your day not to mention, your stay/vist/life. The idea of just taking a trip to Bangkok, well as said, I'm willing to pay someone to do it for me. Back to the OP, any agents have the form and runners who do this like they do for Vietnam and China VISA's?

Fair enough. By the way the reason I wouldn't trust any one with my passport for an extended period, except government officials is because of the risk of identity theft

With your passport information, an identity thief can get a copy of your birth certificate, your Social Security number, access to your bank account and credit cards.

http://imblacknitravel.com/passport-identity-theft/

Not sure what your reasons are for wanting a Cambodian visa in your passport and not questioning them without knowing.

However just to let you know, I used to do border runs for quite a few years. Crossed the border into to Cambodia at 5 different places and the most I’ve ever paid for the visa has been 1000 Baht, and the least has been $20. A $20 visa is quite easily acquired at Poi Pet, but more difficult at the smaller border crossings.

If I want to go tomorrow morning, I can, and can cross into Cambodia without the ques and hassles normally associated with doing same. As for the $20.usd, in PoiPet, I'll take your word for it but certainly not typical despite it being the just and proper cost. I've seen them refuse a guy in Had Lek. The guy got nasty, they sent him back to Thailand.

Yes, there is a Cambodian Consulate in Pattaya.

I've seen the sign at Big C South(Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai) but never thought it was a "real" Consulate. I'll stop by there but never heard of anyone getting a VISA at same. I'll report my findings and success here. The actual VISA costs $20.usd. eVisa is $28.usd. Using an internet "agent" is $60.usd. Hoping the Pattaya Consulate is the reasonable $20.usd..

It is not a Consulate, not at the location discussed. It is just a sign. They sell van tickets to PoiPet. No VISA's sold on site, only talk about how they are available in PoiPet for 1200baht. Perhaps the member knows of another location in Pattaya?

Fair enough. By the way the reason I wouldn't trust any one with my passport for an extended period, except government officials is because of the risk of identity theft

The same would be true if one allows hotels to photo copy their passport. I agree with you but am willing to take the risk in this instance. The hotels actually scare me more. Airlines, who knows, could happen there as well. I'm more concerned about the loss/theft of the passport itself.

A long shot but you could maybe go to Cambodia Inter( Tour & Travel) on soi bukhao and see if they will help.

Although more geared to visa runs etc they might have an answer or be able to acquire a Cambodian visa for you.

GL