Know Any Good Vets On The East Coast?

Well we are finally getting settled in here. We just got our truck the other day and now it is time for Poompuy (our Lab) to make a visit to the vet. Right now I mainly want to get him groomed and his vaccines updated, maybe some heart worm medicine as well as it was suggested to me earlier that this is important here in Thailand.

Anybody know of a good competent vet anywhere in the Pattaya, Sattahip, Rayong area?

I noticed a vet near Index furniture on Sukhumvit road in Pattaya, Is this one any good?

I read in a previous thread that good quality veterinary care outside of BKK is hard to come by.

We and especially Poompuy appreciate the input!

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For serious problems I suggest the vet on Second Road, close to South Pattaya Road, on the east side. His name spelled phonetically is Dr. Tieng. He used to be with Dr. Nop at the Pattaya-Naklua vetshop.

That vet near Index - if you mean near Central Road with the dog houses out front - somebody here recently recommended them but I had a very, very bad experience with them. That was a while ago, years actually, so maybe they are okay now. The clinic is on Soi Ngun Plawaan in Pattaya (mangled the spelling but that is as close as I can get to it!) inside the market is okay. There are a lot of vets in that clinic, some excellent, some not so hot, so be careful. You can't go wrong with the two male vets in that clinic.

You should be aware that many people that have only a smattering of knowledge pass themselves off as vets so a sign saying VET in the window is no guarantee of anything.

Heartworm med. is always a good idea if you can afford it (with 11 dogs we can't!) altho the risk is low for a long haired dog as heartworm is spread by mosquitos.

If you need directions or more info, email me and I'll give you a phone number - you can call me.

Regards,

Peter

Well we are finally getting settled in here. We just got our truck the other day and now it is time for Poompuy (our Lab) to make a visit to the vet. Right now I mainly want to get him groomed and his vaccines updated, maybe some heart worm medicine as well as it was suggested to me earlier that this is important here in Thailand.

Anybody know of a good competent vet anywhere in the Pattaya, Sattahip, Rayong area?

I noticed a vet near Index furniture on Sukhumvit road in Pattaya, Is this one any good?

I read in a previous thread that good quality veterinary care outside of BKK is hard to come by.

We and especially Poompuy appreciate the input!

:o