Surapong asks businesses to pressure anti-govt protesters

webfact

Surapong asks businesses to pressure anti-govt protesters
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul yesterday urged the private sector to ask the anti-government protesters to end their rally.

If that was achieved, he would then work to restore foreign investors' confidence in Thailand, he said.

Seven private-sector organisations have offered to play a mediating role in the political conflict. On Monday they pressed for talks to find solutions to the political turmoil, which they said is beginning to damage the country's economic foundations. They also urged the government to lift the emergency decree.

Surapong said he was ready to support the proposal, but he was not sure if the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) would cooperate.

"If its leader Suthep [Thaugsuban] continues to stage rallies, I don't know how to convince the investors," the chief adviser to the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) said. He said if the violence decreased and the rerun election could be held smoothly, the government might lift some measures under the decree, as ordered by the Civil Court.

The CMPO yesterday resolved to ask the National Economic and Social Development Board to estimate economic and social losses caused by the PDRC rallies.

The information would be used for filing both civil and criminal lawsuits against the protesters.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-05

HAve to get rid of red tape then business will run smoothly, this group are fighting corruption where the main costing for private business in short run may be suffer but if sucess the costing will reduce. Some of these are doctors who against corruption in the country and these doctors able to operate human brain then smart enough that there are serious problems needed to tackle.

• Like 1

For the clueless who believe that the international medias coverage of the political turmoil that has been only too visible for the past 4 months will have had no effect on Thailand economy and lack of investor confidence in investing in the country's economy.

How clueless can they be?

Cheers.

• Like 2

For the clueless who believe that the international medias coverage of the political turmoil that has been only too visible for the past 4 months will have had no effect on Thailand economy and lack of investor confidence in investing in the country's economy.

Cheers.

That's not nice to call the darling of Isaan clueless.

Edited by Nickymaster

"If that was achieved, he would then work to restore foreign investors' confidence in Thailand", he said.

Is that blackmail?

"the government might lift some measures under the decree, as ordered by the Civil Court."

So as far as he and the government are concerned the Court can go to hell with its judgements!

" I don't know how to convince the investors,"

Maybe he is in the wrong job.

Edited by Anon999

Cheers.

Right, I agree 100%.

Reading most reactions tells us that most posters don't have any clue about investments and doing business.

Large international companies stop investments, even Thai public companies announce they don't put unnecessary investments on the agenda until the protest stops.

Last year in October I made an agreement on an investment to build a new factory, in addition to my two existing plants.

In December I had put the plan on hold because i dont trust the situation and i will not start building until there is a democratic elected government in power.

I am sure I am not the only one, and a lot larger international companies have the same thoughts about this situation.

But could be the Suthep lovers know better as we can read.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Businesses are pressuring the government to resign or come up with a capable PM so please stop lying sneaky Surapong!

30210470-01_big_zps6afd45a8.jpg

If you look at the name on the designer water bottle in a mirror it may give you a clue!

Oh, it's a very good mineral water. You can give it to babies, all basic minerals you need are inside.

May be he grows up with this water? It's the first step.

The Thai and international bussiness might know better than a member of a tainted government, what is good for them...
And as the government is not listening to others, why should anybody, including business, listen to the government?

AFAIK most international business is in a holding pattern re investment or decisions, but that does not say, that they are pro-government. In fact they are anti-corruption. And they want a solution in that direction, not a step back.