PM Prayut loses his cool

webfact

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still making the transition from top military banana, to self-appointed top political banana. One requires giving order which are followed precisely, with no questions asked, The other requires working with others to come to the best solution. Can a career military boss make the transition, even in a country of people who blindly follow those in authoritiy? The outlook doesn't look rosy. Expect more outbursts, particularly if the Ko Tao botched investigation gets broached.

He seems to forget he is not a general anymore. Let someone else runs the country if he can't handle a little pressure from the press.

Its unfortunate that you can't comprehend there is privilege that comes with the position of being a leader of a country.

That is one of respect.

Do you think the US President would even allow a reporter like this in? No, part of being granted a Press Pass is to be respectful.

The PM raised his voice. That is how you remind a subordinate that they are stepping out of line.

Obviously you have always been an underling to not grasp even that simple truth.

One earn respect.

The ageneral is a good and respectful man.

The reporter failed to show respect for the man and the position of PM.

where you come from?mars or alpha centauri?

journalists are paid for questioning not for showing respect to politicians

your ideal place is northkoreavisa.com have a try

Yep... Here's another one. Notice the buzz word "North Korea".

Yes or No question... Does anyone on this forum and currently living in Thailand feel like they are living in North Korea? Hey kaobang walk out on the street and ask a Thai the same question!

• Like 1

Yes or No question... Does anyone on this forum and currently living in Thailand feel like they are living in North Korea? Hey kaobang walk out on the street and ask a Thai the same question!

you are right people in north korea can be killed for reading a book in thailand they will be arrested only.a course of thai history for you

and i tried many times to talk about politic with thais

"sorry i dont like politic can we talk about the world cup instead?"

but i could not avoid to take a pic few years ago

post-143074-0-81774900-1413437993_thumb.

Edited by kaobang

He's a big man here in Thailand but he's about to mingle with world leaders in Italy, most of whom are elected officials of powerful countries.

Will they ask difficult questions that he can't fob off, will Western journalists be respectful if they bring up Koh Tao.

A few butterflies in the tummy PM?

He's still making the transition from top military banana, to self-appointed top political banana. One requires giving order which are followed precisely, with no questions asked, The other requires working with others to come to the best solution. Can a career military boss make the transition, even in a country of people who blindly follow those in authoritiy? The outlook doesn't look rosy. Expect more outbursts, particularly if the Ko Tao botched investigation gets broached.

...many make the transition but not sure about their success: Mubarak, Pinochet, Sharon, Noriega, Amin, Suharto, Marcos.... some common themes.

Edited by Prbkk

you are right people in north korea can be killed for reading a book in thailand they will be arrested only.a course of thai history for you

Thailand: It's a very nice place and you should visit it sometime.

• Like 2

Someone needs a cuddle.....

Everyone needs or wants a cuddle at times.

In this case I think PM Prayut simply misses his uniform.

BTW did you ever read the interesting play from Carl Zuckmayer?

Edited by rubl

I notice that the vast majority of angry, anti-PM posters are all quite new to TVF.

Its odd really since I have never seen a thread have such a high percentage of newbies.

Its almost like an organized effort to do a smear campaign.

Or are they legitimate posters who have been blocked by TVF and all recently had to open new accounts?

The reason is there is no freedom of speech, you are restricted to like this government and no opposition is allowed.

Total BS-----you are opposing so how come ???

• Like 1

The reporter failed to show complete and utter subservience to the Dictator.

What do they say...

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Any government that feels it is beyond questioning is a no good government.

• Like 2

'You have to reform the media for me.' That's what Thaksin wanted to do.

Like Thai Rak Thai news so independent NOT---he controlled the media lock stock and barrel------gagged all opposition or fobbed them off----even told the southern provinces vote for me or you will not receive any benefits from us. OH yes, forget your propaganda machine, get on board.

The reporter failed to show complete and utter subservience to the Dictator.

What do they say...

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Any government that feels it is beyond questioning is a no good government.

My god---PTP springs to mind---cut out the BS---Yingluck was blessed with the power---and ABUSED IT.

• Like 1

He seems to forget he is not a general anymore. Let someone else runs the country if he can't handle a little pressure from the press.

Its unfortunate that you can't comprehend there is privilege that comes with the position of being a leader of a country.

That is one of respect.

Do you think the US President would even allow a reporter like this in? No, part of being granted a Press Pass is to be respectful.

The PM raised his voice. That is how you remind a subordinate that they are stepping out of line.

Obviously you have always been an underling to not grasp even that simple truth.

What BS

the PM only deserves respect when he shows he can run the country not because he is PM. As PM he is still answerable to the people of the cuontry. It is for the press to ask the questions people want answers to, and the PM should answer those questions.

If he can't take the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

How did Yingluck fare in answering questions----the worlds worse by far.

• Like 1

Once more..... I don't live in Mexico, or the Middle east, although i've spent a lot of time in the middle east.. I live in Thailand, and i've seen incidents like Koh Tao and much more regularly swept under the rug to save face and to protect friends and family, and usually with a monetary exchange into the bargain. The sole reason why this case has risen to the heights that it has, is because of the sheer brutality of the crime, with the ensuing transparent "FIT UP" and now because the world's looking at Thailand and it's leaders, they're getting a bit hot under the collar. So they bloody well should ! It's about time incidents like these stop, or next time it could be you or someone from your family........ Oh and by the way, the ice caps melting ! perspective, i don't think seven 11 sells it...........

Once more?

And you need to focus on this topic and not hijack it into another KT thread since there are already seversl of those.

The issue is the General losing his cool, he's losing his cool because he's being asked awkward questions that he could answer very easily but he can't due to the implications. If you stick with the truth you can't too far wrong, but once you start hiding the truth, then it's gets hot under the collar, maybe that's the reason why the generals losing his cool. The Kt incident is one of the hottest potatoes at the moment on the generals agenda, and all he has to say is, please come in and investigate all you want, but imagine the implications of that ? I think maybe the general might like to take a leaf out of Pattons book, straight and truthful......... no problems there.......

The General is a strsight and truthful man.

You just have to get rid of your prejudice.

Are you sure?

Someone is being less than truthful...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office

Thai Chargé d’Affaires summoned over concerns about investigation into Hannah Witheridge and David Miller’s murders.

Mr Swire stressed that there was a real concern in the UK about how the investigation has been handled by the Thai authorities.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=543cf1e6be04708b218b456a#.VD0PxPmSyQc

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha asserted that the British government has no doubt regarding Thailand's investigation of the murder of two British tourists on Surat Thani's Ko Tao island last month.

Gen Prayut, also the chief of the National Council for Peace and Order denied the report that the British government summoned the Thai charge d'affaires in London to inquire about the Ko Tao case.

That is one of respect.

So there you have it! The simple truth (as you see it). Where did you learn about US politics, what the US President does or does not do and, particularly, about freedom of speech in the US w/r to disrespecting ANY elected official?

I'm thinking that playing the "respect" card is like playing the "race" card.

Edited by MaxYakov

...many make the transition but not sure about their success: Mubarak, Pinochet, Sharon, Noriega, Amin, Suharto, Marcos.... some common themes.

Those are some nasty people that you've listed... with perhaps an exception for Amin, the rest were installed with the help of foreign powers. I don't really see the comparison here in the transition of power, and I don't see anything on the horizon anything that points to a 70s type Chile or Nicaragua etc.. for Thailand, and I'm sure your not suggesting that; however, foreign intervention with a strong man does seem to go hand in hand.

Firstly some people here forget he deserves "no" official recognition as the "peoples leader.

He came to power with sheer force.

Would you embrace a man holding hostages in a bank?

Their ambitious plans include "come experience marshal law" As TAT is advising.

They forget they are perceived differently by the world.

This Man is banned from Australian soil.

Would you go in to a vault and share peanuts with the other hostages or stay outside and ignore the invite?

Its silly - even pathetic that some people here with Stockholm Syndrome attempt to normalise this guys authority-

His authority is that he has tens of thousands of men with guns and tanks .

Dont confuse this as a statesman.

He is definately far from a statesman, especially the way he shoots his mouth off. If my daughter was raped and murdered and a statesman made the statement he did about her I would hate and dispise him with a passion. The guys mouth is not good for Thailand's image.

Thank you three times for your post.

• Like 1

That is one of respect.

I would suggest the only person who has always been an underling here is you. You have no idea do you? The "simple truth" is that a leader of a country - in the case of Thailand, a dictator - has to earn respect, it's not automatic. T say that Obama or any other coutry's leader would not accept questions he doesn't like is preposterous. Obama, Cameron and others are always getting blasted by the press when needed (and sometimes when not needed) but they don't throw their toys out of the pram and start shouting. They stay calm and because they understand that by losing control and shouting they show they are not in control and lose. The idea that shouting is a reminder to stop a subordinate stepping out of line is absolute nonsense. It's a reminder to everybody else that the person shouting doesn't have an answer or at least a credible answer to the situation. Anyway, who says a press reporter is a subordinate? He doesn't work for the dictator does he?

• Like 1

That is one of respect.

I would suggest the only person who has always been an underling here is you. You have no idea do you? The "simple truth" is that a leader of a country - in the case of Thailand, a dictator - has to earn respect, it's not automatic. T say that Obama or any other coutry's leader would not accept questions he doesn't like is preposterous. Obama, Cameron and others are always getting blasted by the press when needed (and sometimes when not needed) but they don't throw their toys out of the pram and start shouting. They stay calm and because they understand that by losing control and shouting they show they are not in control and lose. The idea that shouting is a reminder to stop a subordinate stepping out of line is absolute nonsense. It's a reminder to everybody else that the person shouting doesn't have an answer or at least a credible answer to the situation. Anyway, who says a press reporter is a subordinate? He doesn't work for the dictator does he?

The writer above makes an observation thats very spot on.

Leaders are equipped to answer questions and stay calm.

It illustrates the man is not well educated and easily drawn-

Gets personal quickly and cannot keep objective and on track.

He is best suited to his TV style rants -

Answers require being straight forward concise (if you a leader)

Not taking things personally-

Losing your temper so easily is plain immature if the aim is to impress and give the air of confidence and in control .

He might really be shocked when he confronts far harsher critics in Europe

(not to mention "MAD As Hell" activists .

• Like 1

Once more..... I don't live in Mexico, or the Middle east, although i've spent a lot of time in the middle east.. I live in Thailand, and i've seen incidents like Koh Tao and much more regularly swept under the rug to save face and to protect friends and family, and usually with a monetary exchange into the bargain. The sole reason why this case has risen to the heights that it has, is because of the sheer brutality of the crime, with the ensuing transparent "FIT UP" and now because the world's looking at Thailand and it's leaders, they're getting a bit hot under the collar. So they bloody well should ! It's about time incidents like these stop, or next time it could be you or someone from your family........ Oh and by the way, the ice caps melting ! perspective, i don't think seven 11 sells it...........

Once more?

And you need to focus on this topic and not hijack it into another KT thread since there are already seversl of those.

The issue is the General losing his cool, he's losing his cool because he's being asked awkward questions that he could answer very easily but he can't due to the implications. If you stick with the truth you can't too far wrong, but once you start hiding the truth, then it's gets hot under the collar, maybe that's the reason why the generals losing his cool. The Kt incident is one of the hottest potatoes at the moment on the generals agenda, and all he has to say is, please come in and investigate all you want, but imagine the implications of that ? I think maybe the general might like to take a leaf out of Pattons book, straight and truthful......... no problems there.......

The General is a strsight and truthful man.

You just have to get rid of your prejudice.

that is so far off the mark. We can see how he has handled the koh tao murders that he is far from striaght and truthful, he is as keen as the RTP to not make sure the investigation is open honest and that they catch the real murderer or murderer's. He is covering it up.

• Like 1

That is one of respect.

One earn respect.

<<<< overly derogatory comments removed as per the guidelines posted below >>>>

Please abide by our posted forum rules here in the Thailand News section:

http://www.thaivisa....ice-to-members/

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law, the Coup or phrasing which paints the current governmental structure in a negative light. 'Posts using terms such as military dictatorship when referring to the PM or his administration or other anti-junta remarks will be removed and a posting suspension could be issued Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

Edited by metisdead

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law, the Coup or phrasing which paints the current governmental structure in a negative light. 'Posts using terms such as military dictatorship when referring to the PM or his administration or other anti-junta remarks will be removed and a posting suspension could be issued Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum Admin

let the mods do their job he just said the truth

Thaivisa Forum Admin

let the mods do their job he just said the truth

Ignore him. Just a patetic attempt to save face... and it failed.

Edited by metisdead