Chiang Mai Airport to Arcade Bus Station...

altmtl

Good idea! Walk to main road, ~200-300 m. Got luggage? Cross the busy road. Wait for a songthaew. Do you know for a fact there are songthaews on this road? I don't. Determine the songthaew's route (it is certainly not going to Arcade). How's your Thai? Get off at a spot that enables you to take another songthaew closer to Arcade. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

I also read somewhere that the base fare from the airport is 120? But I guess that was in 2013 as Beng said - lol -

As opposed to "150 baht sounds cheap to me" - has anyone done the route recently? There seems to be two types of taxis - metered and legit airport taxi.

I also read somewhere that the base fare from the airport is 120? But I guess that was in 2013 as Beng said - lol -

As opposed to "150 baht sounds cheap to me" - has anyone done the route recently? There seems to be two types of taxis - metered and legit airport taxi.

I just took the airport taxi a few days ago and the price was 160 baht. As Bangmai said you should be able to get a Songtaew making a drop-off. I guess it depends on how much time you have to catch your bus. Have you purchased a bus ticket in advance? For popular routes, these can be sold out in advance.

Was the 160 for old city? Sounds a little bit cheap for Arcade. A red truck might take one from the airport to Arcade for 100 baht, but will most likely be looking for a more. Better chance of getting it cheaper is by walking out of the airport and across the road.

Funny old thread this.

Whenever I travel to the airport, I can't really be bothered looking for the cheapest deal. It's nothing to do with money or principle etc, I'm just too lazy to be bothered when I'm travelling. If it's 120, 140. 160, so be it, it's not as if I go to the airport every day but when I do it's likely that I've spent a good few thousand on where I'm going to, so as I said I just couldn't be bothered, just take the most convenient form of transport for me and my luggage.

Other times I bargain like crazy for the cheapest deal. wink.png

• Like 2

<deleted>, OP, walk out baggage claims, go to taxi counter, state bus station, get in taxi, go, pay fare, get out, get on bus.

I thought I was tight! We've got a page over 40B difference in fare on a journey probably taken once in a blue moon.