Motorbike Rental In Chantaburi

Tim207

Anybody know where I can rent a motorbike in chantaburi? I thought about buying one but due to family politics I would prefer to rent. I spend about 3 months per year in Chantaburi so I want my own wheels instead of using the family bike and having to be back at certain times to run family errands like picking kids up at school.

'

Hi Tim- Before I retired and moved to Thailand I to used to come here for 3 months a year also. I bought a used Honda motorbike and before I returned to California each year, I would drain the gas out of it and lock it in such a way that the “family” could not borrow it. My wife asked me once if I could just let a brother use the bike while I was gone and I firmly replied ‘NO”. If I left the bike in someone else’s hands I would return to Thailand only to find a worn out and broken motorbike. I had told my wife that if the brother or anyone else really needed a motorbike that we should just buy all of them motorbikes “but they can’t have mine”. My wife then saw that it would be stupid to start buying for anyone or everyone.

Tim- I have to drive down to Chanthaburi this morning to see my doctor at the Chanthaburi- Bangkok hospital. I will have a look around the town and see just what the deal is with renting. As you know, there is not a lot of tourist there so probably not too many place are set up for rental. I do have some Thai friends there so I will ask them and get back to you in a day or two.

Jim :o

'

Hi Tim- Before I retired and moved to Thailand I to used to come here for 3 months a year also. I bought a used Honda motorbike and before I returned to California each year, I would drain the gas out of it and lock it in such a way that the “family” could not borrow it. My wife asked me once if I could just let a brother use the bike while I was gone and I firmly replied ‘NO”. If I left the bike in someone else’s hands I would return to Thailand only to find a worn out and broken motorbike. I had told my wife that if the brother or anyone else really needed a motorbike that we should just buy all of them motorbikes “but they can’t have mine”. My wife then saw that it would be stupid to start buying for anyone or everyone.

Tim- I have to drive down to Chanthaburi this morning to see my doctor at the Chanthaburi- Bangkok hospital. I will have a look around the town and see just what the deal is with renting. As you know, there is not a lot of tourist there so probably not too many place are set up for rental. I do have some Thai friends there so I will ask them and get back to you in a day or two.

Jim :o

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot. Good to see you understand the situation. :-) I considered a similar tactic to you but I am sure that if mom said cut the chain it would be cut and I would get an explaination of the "emergency" when I got back. I don't want to put my wife in a possition of going against my wishes or defying her mother.

I did ask my wife once about rentals and all I got was "I don't know" which could just as easily be interpreted as "I like that you can't go off alone for too long".

Chan is a great place other than the lack of some of the farang oriented services like motorbike rental, but better to be missing a few conveniences than have the swarms of tourists that those conveniences are there for.

I appreciate you checking that out for me.

Tim

Anybody know where I can rent a motorbike in chantaburi? I thought about buying one but due to family politics I would prefer to rent. I spend about 3 months per year in Chantaburi so I want my own wheels instead of using the family bike and having to be back at certain times to run family errands like picking kids up at school.

Tim for your rental you can get a cycle at several locations at Chao Lao beach which is only 15 min. from Chantaburi or you may try (039) 321 354) which is located on Sukhumvit Rd. across from the Amway dealership.

Let me know how you make out with the rental and I will be back in Chantaburi next week and try to help ya out. (Jim-----Aranyaprathet/Chantaburi)[email protected]

Chanthaburi_map.pdfTim-

Motorbikes can be rented over near the Eastern Hotel.

Please see map that I have included. It is in Thai so you will have to show map to taxi driver or wife.

Jim from Sa Kaeo

The town that will soon have a new Makro

Thanks Jim. I tried to reply to your Private Messages but I don't know if you got them.

Tim for your rental you can get a cycle at several locations at Chao Lao beach which is only 15 min. from Chantaburi or you may try (039) 321 354) which is located on Sukhumvit Rd. across from the Amway dealership.

Let me know how you make out with the rental and I will be back in Chantaburi next week and try to help ya out. (Jim-----Aranyaprathet/Chantaburi)[email protected]

Thanks retiredusn, I am not currently in Chantaburi but if the places near Eastern Hotel don't pan out I will try the one on Sukhumvit.

Tim

• 5 years later...