Malaysian arrested in 'billion baht' skimmer threat

webfact

Malaysian arrested in "billion baht" skimmer threat

s3p.jpg

Image; Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Malaysian man was arrested at the Sadao border in what officials say is a "billion baht" threat to the Thai economy.

Lim Boon Sing, 39, was caught Sunday after entering Thailand, reported Thairath. Officials conducted a search and found a large cache of equipment and blank cards that could be used in a big skimming operation.

Among the items in his possession was a skimmer machine and 678 fake credit cards. The phone repair man faces between one and five years in prison but police and technology experts are more concerned with the gang behind the operation that they say must involve Thai people

All of the items found are being examined as the case is expanded.

The cards would have been used to take out cash from ATM machines throughout Thailand as well as buy expensive goods.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-22

Looks like the old - Land of Scammers - has now been overtaken with - Land of Skimmers !!

Just saying ....

Because guys like him my EU-bank has Thailand (and Singapore as well) on the black list. This means i can only get 10.000 baht for ever atm-transaction where i pay the 220 + 100 baht for every single transaction.

Many tourists refuse to use the atm's now and walk around with cash which is a risk for being robbed and give Thailand a bad name.

Looks like the old - Land of Scammers - has now been overtaken with - Land of Skimmers !!

Just saying ....

Because guys like him my EU-bank has Thailand (and Singapore as well) on the black list. This means i can only get 10.000 baht for ever atm-transaction where i pay the 220 + 100 baht for every single transaction.

Many tourists refuse to use the atm's now and walk around with cash which is a risk for being robbed and give Thailand a bad name.

You must use a strange bank because I can get 20,000 per transaction with no problems.

"You must use a strange bank because I can get 20,000 per transaction with no problems."

Did you miss the part about his bank setting the limit?

"This means i can only get 10.000 baht for ever atm-transaction where i pay the 220 + 100 baht for every single transaction."

You should be able to get more at the bank counter, including the banks in the mall. Also saves on ATM fee.