Visa For Lao Citizen?

Anyone know the rules for Lao citizens? I'm now in Thailand with my Lao gf and tomorrow we're going to KL, Malaysia. With the information I have there's no problem for her to get into Malaysia, but what will happen when we're going back to Thailand?

I'm not sure what rules there are for Lao ppl, I know each time she's going to Thailand for 30 days she has to apply for some kind of Visa (I have no idea what kind and why). She have one TV in her passport and she says she cant have more from the Thai consulate in Vientiane. She doesnt need a long visa because she's going back to Laos maybe in a week when coming back from Malaysia.

If someone clearify the rules for Lao citizens going to Thailand I'd be happy. :o

Below general rules for Lao-citizen, although for airtravel:

Passport (must be valid at least 30 days and in good condition)

required.

Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided

coming for touristic purposes. Extension up to 10 days is

possible. Fee THB 1900.- (1 photo required).

Note: there is a max. limit of a total of 90 days within any

6 month period.

It is recommended to hold onward/return tickets.

If holding APEC Business Travel Card together with passport:

visa not required.

When she go from Laos to Thailand she need a stamp in her passport that says it's ok for her to leave the country (I think..) and as I understand this is just to show the Lao immigration at the border the her trip is approved (!?). She give the passport to an agent and next day she collects it with the stamp. This time when she enter Thailand there will be no Lao immigration so she'll be stamped 30 days, is this correct?

Are you sure the 90 days of 180 apply to Lao citizen? I have not seen anything that says they should be excempted from the rule, but she doesnt think it'll be a problem...she have entered Thailand 5-6 times from Oct1 and there are no marks in her passport. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I am not sure, however, it is highly likely that Lao-citizens need approval to leave the country, as you mentioned.

Yes, Thai immigration will stamp a permission to stay for 30 days, and the rule of 90 days within 180 aplies for Lao-citizens, as per IATA-rules I quoted.