Get a life

Deserted

There's a guy at the end of my Soi who sits on the corner all day long, half the time pretty drunk, just gossiping about everyone who goes past and everything he sees. He often asks you what you are going to the 7-11 for and then comments on it. After a few months its become rather annoying to say the least. 

How can I say something like 'Get a life'? tbh it bloody annoying at times and I would rather say something like 'Get a life you <deleted>'. ANny slang I can use here, any choice expressions that would convey annoyance? 

I'd say one or three of these:

reuang kong guu mai chai reuang kong meung = It's my business, it's none of your fck*ng business = เรืองของกูไม่ใช่เรืองของมึงไม่ใช่เรืองของมึง

ban yaa oon rue baow = are you retarded or what = ปัญญาอ่อนหรือป่าว

tammai ben kon bep nee = why are you this kind of person = ทำไมเป็นคนแบบนี้

bai haa reaung kong mung mai dong maa haa reuang kong gu = go mind your own business, no need to poke your nose into my affairs = ไปหาเรืองของมึง ไม่ต้องมาหาเรืองของกู

por leaw na mai dong maa taam = enough already, yeah, no need to come with these questions = พอแล้วน่ะ ไม่ต้องมาถาม

taam hia arai = <deleted> are you asking = ถามเหียอะไร

puud hia arai ai sat = <deleted> are you talking about you animal = พูดเหียอะไรไอสัส

14 hours ago, jspill said:

reuang kong guu mai chai reuang kong meung = It's my business, it's none of your fck*ng business = เรืองของกูไม่ใช่เรืองของมึงไม่ใช่เรืองของมึง

bai haa reaung kong mung mai dong maa haa reuang kong gu = go mind your own business, no need to poke your nose into my affairs = ไปหาเรืองของมึง ไม่ต้องมาหาเรืองของกู

por leaw na mai dong maa taam = enough already, yeah, no need to come with these questions = พอแล้วน่ะ ไม่ต้องมาถาม

puud hia arai ai sat = <deleted> are you talking about you animal = พูดเหียอะไรไอสัส

Best get your fighting boots on if you go for some of these.

any choice expressions that would convey annoyance? 

You're probably better off just ignoring it. Working your way through these situations is difficult because the meaning of your being annoyed (or at least of expressing your annoyance) varies from society to society so even if the guy is an annoying <deleted> and everybody else thinks he's an annoying <deleted>, that doesn't mean you will be right to say "Shut up, you annoying <deleted>". Since you're asking for advice on how to say this, you presumably speak only minimal Thai which means that it's probably not going to be worth starting down that road.

The reason I ask this is because I saw a woman get annoyed with him and said something pretty unpleasant, sine then I note that he no longer bugs her all the time like he does everyone else. He seems to have a fixation on what people buy from 7-11. It's bloody annoying at times. Generally I ignore him but at times I'd rather give him a mouth full instead, like others do. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, jspill said:

Hey thanks for that, just printed it out and ran it by a few people, certainly the first and last options are exactly what I wanted to say. Much appreciated. 

I wouldn't risk it, เหีย and ไอ for example is very similar to a real words which are impolite. As a foreigner there is no guarantee that you will get away with acting like the Thai lady acted, but how do you know that what she said was unpleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

If you've already engaged in contact with him, you'll be tough pressed when you ignore him.

But yeah, ignore the guy and just turn your back to him if he does bother you.

That or pretend your his friend and take him on a road trip to Roi Et, Kalasin, or Beung Kan and leave him up there.

Get him well and drunk at a karaoke bar the night before and be sure you get on the early bus out of there.

As long as he doesn't have the baht to leave, he'll be stuck there for awhile.

Not saying he won't make it back to your soi, but actions speak louder than words.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, jspill said:

Regarding your last point we use ai for men and ee for women right?

I am not sure that 'we' do, I have the impression that it is a little bit rude used out side of your circle. อี is used for females whom you look down on อีดอก = whore. It can be used to show affection with children apparently > อีหนู

ไอ้ doesn't even get a mention in my 2525 RID, but other sources say that it is the male equivalent of อี. Maybe times were more violent thirty years a go!