Taxi OK service launch put off until January 

webfact

Taxi OK service launch put off until January 

By Thai PBS

taxiOK.jpg

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has put off its scheduled “Taxi OK” service from the end of this year to January next year.

The DLT-initiated service, which is similar to Uber taxi, is aimed to solve problems of taxis refusing passengers, overcharging, and refusing to switch to meters.

The postponement of the taxi service was attributed to small number of taxi drivers joining the scheme.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/taxi-ok-service-launch-put-off-january/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-13

:cheesy:...why to do thing honestly, if cheating get's away with more lucrative returns ?.....

Uber and Grab will expand their business with all the Taxi cheats in Thailand that refuse to understand.

And if you must use a taxi, say from Swampy to town and the driver get's funny on turning on the meter, just walk out of the taxi, complain at the booth and take another number for the next one....I once had to refuse 3 taxis refusing the meter, until I found one who was prepared to do his job without cheating.

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

:cheesy:...why to do thing honestly, if cheating get's away with more lucrative returns ?.....

Uber and Grab will expand their business with all the Taxi cheats in Thailand that refuse to understand.

And if you must use a taxi, say from Swampy to town and the driver get's funny on turning on the meter, just walk out of the taxi, complain at the booth and take another number for the next one....I once had to refuse 3 taxis refusing the meter, until I found one who was prepared to do his job without cheating.

Most people taking a taxi from the airport would have their suitcase in the boot ....

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, webfact said:

The DLT-initiated service, which is similar to Uber taxi, is aimed to solve problems of taxis refusing passengers, overcharging, and refusing to switch to meters.

Had the DLT proven capable of doing its job in the first place, those problems would have been long solved. Now it wants to introduce a service to run along similar lines to one that it has already deemed illegal ... and it can't even get that right.