Understanding The Farrang In Thailand

Unigirl

He wants small wedding, she wants all the family.

So, let him pay for the small wedding (9 monks, food for thirty, any of his own family, so on) and Papa stump up the rest for his daughter's benefit.

Compromise and sharing are the way to make a marriage work.

Don't matter wether this is a troll or not - the advice is good :o

I think paying for wedding will be good show good heart, everything else Papa pay for, even holiday after wedding in Samui Papa pay for.

Sorry, not totally clear- can you please write your situation in Thai? I can read Thai so will be able to help you better. :o

sorry, I smell troll. Looks like a Farang trying to write in Tinglish. Plus, if papa did own two pattaya hotels, he would be throwing money around, especially for daughter.

Too Bloody True. Troll Alert.

For the record, I will be paying a small family contribution once wedded to my GF and I expect to gain some credit for my actions. To sound not nieve, I will not pay more than say a thousand sterling and perhaps buy Gold (Baht or So).

This has to be the way to go. I prefer all to get along and perhaps not lose face.

Thaimee.

Best of Luck, if you feel it is right for you both then sit down and talk.

I think he is very lucky, not many Thais would bother or think of coming onto a Forum like this.

I am due to marry soon in Chiang mai, we also have a few probs to sort out, but this is achieveble and I am sure yours is too.

Please feel free to E Mail me, this Forum can be tricky with bad and biased advice.

Bye

:o

I am writing this with my younger sister, I am going out for 24th Birth tonight. My Fiancee lives and works in Bangkok and has done for 3 years.

I have good job and I think if my Fiancee does not make my Papa happy upto him, my Papa number 1.

My friends say he lucky to have me, we go out many time Western man ask my phone number, I not marry my Fiancee I marry Thai, opto him.

Western man think woman Thai easy but they not, they only know Bar Woman not real Thai lady.

I will E Mail good replies and listen, i must know soon. Western man strange, he think too much but not enough on the right thinking.