Lazada System Problems

turgid

Lazada appear to be in the middle of a system upgrade - presumably as part of the Alibaba transition .

We had an order shipped, cancelled and refunded within 6 hours . The refund email  claimed the goods were reported lost which looked odd because it was so quick.  We haven't actually got the money of course.

Being concerned that it might be a refund scam I asked what was going on and couldn't get a direct answer, but based on the vagueness I assumed it was either  theft or an accident in the delivery process.

So we doubled down and reordered. Then the original "lost" goods were delivered on schedule and being the stupidly honest people we are we told them.

This has caused a support meltdown because you cant return lost goods but no you cant get the  refund either. . 

Additionally faulty Items we returned have moved from a 14 day returns window to a 7 day return window  so have been returned back to us as not returnable  with no instructions on what to do. 

When Lazada works its great, when it doesn't its a mess. Its a mess at the moment.  They have new  systems so they either aren't trained on them,  or they don't work apparently

Similar problem just a few hours ago

Ordered two items and when I went to "check out" the system suddenly did not like my method of payment (BB Be1st card) so I tried to add a credit card but it chewed on that for a few minutes and then returned to checkout

Checked in my account (My Orders) and there it was,  3 times, cancelled twice, and the third was "pending approval" but when the email confirmation did not arrive checked My Orders again and the 3rd one was also cancelled

Fourth time  worked like a charm and I was even able to use the delay to find a coupon worth 300 THB via a Google search.  Then immediately got the email acknowledgement of the order 

Hope I don't have the same shipping / cancellation problems as the OP  

were your goods delivered from another country (e.g. China) ?

If delivered from within Thailand, I would always choose the "pay on delivery" option as this is the safest way to at least not lose money. Too many scammers out there. Since they are now part of Alibaba and not Rocket Internet, I don't trust lazada any longer. Their customer "service" has become abysmal

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DieterWiehe said:

Tried to return items via 7/11 to Lazada apparently the system was unable to find the Order in there system so 7/11 should not send . not will have to go to the post office and send by EMS will see it works or not .

Tried 5 different 7/11s yesterday and this morning  until a good English speaker  assistant at the 5th  7/11 told me that the PC couldn't find my order number, in other words its a Lazada problem