Do The Moderators Never Sleep?

leisurely

This is a genuine question, whenever I open the first page in the mornings (usually around 05.45 :o ) I see George has already been busy on the newsclippings forum, then Jai Dee is always putting his bit in. Donna and Boo and all the rest seem omnipresent. Also, what is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a genuine question, whenever I open the first page in the mornings (usually around 05.45 :o ) I see George has already been busy on the newsclippings forum, then Jai Dee is always putting his bit in. Donna and Boo and all the rest seem omnipresent. Also, what is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator?

Yep, one of the requirements of being a mod is the ability to survive on 20 minutes sleep per day... theres a rota pinned in the mods forum telling everyone which 20 minute slot they have been allocated that day.

The difference between a mod and a super mod? One wears their pants on the outside, has a cape and saves the world on a regular basis, the other just keep the forum in line :D

...Awwwwwwwwwww you guys are just too much.Here I was just thinking the mods and the super mod were just ordinary people.Have you guys had your mod degrees and backgrounds checked?Do you hide on the roof of the building with your computers when the Thai officials invade?Can anyone qualify to be a 'mod'? Just in case for some the teaching gig doesn't work out.

I do it cause I have a secret crush on Tuky, but he always skips out on me to the far east before I get a chance to meet him.

Seriously though, Georgie is Thai Visa.....any clapping of hands should be reserved for him. The rest of us just like seeing our names in RED.

Do you guys ever divulge your identity when in public? "Hi,I'm Wolfie,I'm a mod" or would you get disgruntled people throwing stones at you for deleting a post?I heard the guy over on AsiaXpat gets regular threats,then again he is draconian to put it mildly.Many regular posters have migrated.One of the reasons I left China/HK hehehehe.

One MOD told me you guys/gals get no pay, no perks, no pensions. So, are you just in it for the power trip?

Although, of course, you do such wonderfully fantastic splendiferous diplomatic intelligent fantastic splendiferous diplomatic outstanding work, we could never get along without you.

In all honesty, thank you for keeping us safe.

And, yes, Wolfie, your new avatar is scary.

Although in fact we be mere mortals, I walk into any pub and proudly announce, "I'm a super duper pooper scooper Thai Visa moderator, and you'd better serve me my Diet Coke with ice!" Just like I always walked into a honky-tonk tavern in Texas and said, "I'm a gay tax auditor who thinks Harley owners are stupid; can I pick a fight?"

We have moderators scattered around the globe, with their steely fingers ready to pounce upon the keyboard. And if I told you my real name, I'd have to kill your dog.

One MOD told me you guys/gals get no pay, no perks, no pensions. So, are you just in it for the power trip?

Although, of course, you do such wonderfully fantastic splendiferous diplomatic intelligent fantastic splendiferous diplomatic outstanding work, we could never get along without you.

In all honesty, thank you for keeping us safe.

And, yes, Wolfie, your new avatar is scary.

Power trip: what power trip? we are responsible (and answerable) for our actions.

Pay/perks: no pay, a couple of perks sometimes, and no pension

Secret Identity: Nah, generally i always introduce myself at TV gatherings, you get the occasional idiot giving me a hard time, but they dont last long.

I thought discussion of the moderators was discouraged in TV rules......but you have to admit, there's certainly some curiosity amongst the TV community. Threads like this make you all seem just that little bit more human.....well, in most cases with some exceptions.....who'll remain nameless.

Although in fact we be mere mortals, I walk into any pub and proudly announce, "I'm a super duper pooper scooper Thai Visa moderator, and you'd better serve me my Diet Coke with ice!" Just like I always walked into a honky-tonk tavern in Texas and said, "I'm a gay tax auditor who thinks Harley owners are stupid; can I pick a fight?"

We have moderators scattered around the globe, with their steely fingers ready to pounce upon the keyboard. And if I told you my real name, I'd have to kill your dog.

That's scary especially for us who, stupidly, post under our real names. One sarky jibe at a mod and it's a short flight from a condo balcony. :o No wonder there aint many of us.

I thought discussion of the moderators was discouraged in TV rules......but you have to admit, there's certainly some curiosity amongst the TV community. Threads like this make you all seem just that little bit more human.....well, in most cases with some exceptions.....who'll remain nameless.

:o:D

Oh. the church is round the corner for obeisance to TV MODS, Sibey. Here's what's on the daily menu:

Harump. Redrus in the pulpit.

"TV members, let us grovel together, MODS be thy name, MODS' kingdom come, MODS' way shall be done, in this forum or any TV haven.

Give us this day our daily postings, and forgive us our flaming, as we forgive those that flame against us. And lead us not into flaming, but deliver us from flamedom, for the MODS are the queendom, the chang beer and the harley davidsons, for ever and ever, a f** men. You may be seated."

You wanna be the collection boy, Sibeymai? Think there is an opening.

Oh. the church is round the corner for obeisance to TV MODS, Sibey. Here's what's on the daily menu:

"TV members, let us grovel together, MODS be thy name, MODS' kingdom come, MODS' way shall be done, in this forum or any TV haven.

Give us this day our daily postings, and forgive us our flaming, as we forgive those that flame against us. And lead us not into flaming, but deliver us from flamedom, for the MODS are the queendom, the chang beer and the harley davidsons, for ever and ever, a f** men. You may be seated."

I think it's time for the Ritalin tablets, JetG.

I think it's time for the Ritalin tablets, JetG.

Aww, what are they? You're not gonna send me back to the house are you? Is Nurse Ratched behind you? I already had a labotomy.

I already had a labotomy.

Unfortunately it didn't take. :o

Ah, tai wais, Ty wais, Ty Weiss. TY WEISS? Oh. I know you. You owe us $447,338,458.63 for the land where you built an airport on the snake swamp behind our estate. Labotomy or no, I have a good memory you manhatten project scientist, you. Pay up.