E begging in Thailand on You Tube

BangkokTony

I have plenty of time on my hands and regularly watch vlogs via my tv or pc.  

I have noticed that many vloggers are asking for 'support' via Patreon or click like, comment or share.

Most of them vlog 2 or three times a week and on their site ask for donations.  

I know of only two Thailand vloggers who do not ask for money.  I have never donated and never will and am perturbed by their thick skinned attitude.  No one is asking them to vlog; it is their choice.  

Why should I pay for their lifestyle?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Some people watching some vlogs feel that they have gained something valuable and want to compensate the creator for their hard work, its hardly rocket science.  If you don't feel that you should then don't, that is the thing with voluntary donations, they are voluntary. 

I have never really thought about it this way before so I'm just flicking a pebble into the water ..

If a person gives money but the information is wrong or intentionally misleading could they get their money back + losses incurred..??

3 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I have never really thought about it this way before so I'm just flicking a pebble into the water ..

If a person gives money but the information is wrong or intentionally misleading could they get their money back + losses incurred..??

If they had a contract stating that in paying they trust that they are receiving factual information then they could, otherwise it would be next to impossible.

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If they had a contract stating that in paying they trust that they are receiving factual information then they could, otherwise it would be next to impossible.

Yeh!.......I treat all information by Pattaya YT Vloggers the same as "A bloke down the pub said ......."       but you will always see somebody buy him a beer...Sucker or not it is their choice...

• Like 2

Back in the days(it may still exist) there was a whole group of people who produced software programmes for personal computers.They offered these to the public free of charge, i think it was called shareware,.They asked if you found the programme useful to make a contribution if you did not contribute you could still use the software.Totally up to you.I think the YT is exactly the same thing, so it is nothing new.

13 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

Back in the days(it may still exist) there was a whole group of people who produced software programmes for personal computers.They offered these to the public free of charge, i think it was called shareware,.They asked if you found the programme useful to make a contribution if you did not contribute you could still use the software.Totally up to you.I think the YT is exactly the same thing, so it is nothing new.

Shareware was free software that you could access the code, it was designed to promote software development, its called opensource now.

19 hours ago, samsensam said:

in the UK in the 1970s there was a tv show called; Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?

replace 'television set' with 'computer/tablet/phone', as applicable, i think you'll enjoy and get a lot more out of life ?

How do you manage your time Sam?

22 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Some people watching some vlogs feel that they have gained something valuable and want to compensate the creator for their hard work, its hardly rocket science.  If you don't feel that you should then don't, that is the thing with voluntary donations, they are voluntary. 

"its hardly rocket science"

sorry you are mistaken, it IS .   "thaivisa rocket science"

• Like 1

You watched the vlog and you never gave a donation, nor did anyone compel you to donate, so whats your issue exactly? I mean besides you having too much time on your hands, and that you are attention seeking, annoying and are reducing someones bandwith...

2 hours ago, weegee said:

I need a new Lawn mower !!!...I would like the "Ferris" Ride on with the Aircon Cab...All donations will be gladly appreciated, to make an Old Fella happy......?

I need money for my stepson because living in the village is very expensive...... so I bought myself a high powered motorcycle.  (Sorry, but somebody had to say it....)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangkokTony said:

How do you manage your time Sam?

No answer will be forthcoming.

True to his word he switched off and did something else.

He's miles away by now........somewhere in the non-virtual world.

• Like 1