Sony Ericsson P990 Smartphone

crabstix

Has anyone bought the S.E p990 smartphone or installed the new firmware recently? I've heard that the new firmware was released at the beginning of this month. Sony Ericsson claims they made about 15 or so enhancements.

Can anyone confirm that the device is now stable? A couple of months back people were still complaining of the random start ups and instabilities due to poor memory management.

If things are better now I may consider buying one. I need wifi and push email

I've had my P990 for a few months now - it used to crash when I first got it but the firmware they released in November cured the crashes for me and it's been great since

I had no idea newer firmware was out now - I'll think about upgrading (only problem is I have to re-connect the number pad to do the upgrade)

I've had my P990 for a few months now - it used to crash when I first got it but the firmware they released in November cured the crashes for me and it's been great since

I had no idea newer firmware was out now - I'll think about upgrading (only problem is I have to re-connect the number pad to do the upgrade)

Here are the details for the new firmware.

PDA:

CXC162036 R4A13

Phone:

CXC162037 R9EA001

Bluetooth:

CXC162058 R5A01

CDA:

CDA162007/2 R4A09

I am waiting for shops to order new p990 phones with this firmware version pre-installed so that I don't have to take it to the sony ericsson centre to get it done. Hopefully the price would have dropped a bit more by then.