IconSiam due to open November 9

snoop1130

IconSiam due to open November 9

By The Nation

icon7.jpg

IconSiam, the Bt54-billion development on the Chao Phraya River, today, has confirmed that it will open November 9.

The 750,000 square metre site would have 14 major stores, said Supoj Chaiwatsirikul, CEO of IconSiam. The development would reportedly include the longest pillar-less glass façade in the world, built with specially commissioned glass that is pleated around the building.

“We are committed to making IconSiam a new national landmark and an exciting global destination,” Supoj said. "IconSiam is bringing more than 188 ‘first-time-in-Thailand’ brands and store concepts."

The site will include the largest Adidas Original store in Asia, the first JD sports outlet in Thailand and Nike's first Asean branch. 

Takashimaya, a Japanese department store, will open its first store in Thailand with more than 170 brands that are new to the kingdom, said Supoj.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354799

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-19

180 first time in thailand shops but they can only mention Nike, Adidas, JD-sports?? and Takashimaya (which is a nice shop).

I know the countryboys can only dream of something similar so i hope they get another Tesco....?

10 hours ago, kotsak said:

Note to self: Avoid that side of the river on weekends during next year ?

Well Im on that side of the river so while the crowds go over there, I can at last go to Siam then.

12 hours ago, Thian said:

180 first time in thailand shops but they can only mention Nike, Adidas, JD-sports?? and Takashimaya (which is a nice shop).

I know the countryboys can only dream of something similar so i hope they get another Tesco....?

This country boy dont need it. A waste of time and money. You live in a city where everthing is expensive, food cost 5 times what we pay. We eat 50% (still increasing this %) own produced food without poison on it or in it, you hope and pray your food is safe. You have the stress of traffic and too many people, my greatest stress is a cow on the road. I breath fresh air and have a view to kill for. We wake up in the morning with a sea of fog (real fog) infront of our bedroom, you wake up to smog. Keep your malls, when I need one we make it a weekend break and stay in a 5 star hotel with all the money we save from living cheap. This country boy love his off grid country life, thanks. 

1 hour ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

This country boy dont need it. A waste of time and money. You live in a city where everthing is expensive, food cost 5 times what we pay. We eat 50% (still increasing this %) own produced food without poison on it or in it, you hope and pray your food is safe. You have the stress of traffic and too many people, my greatest stress is a cow on the road. I breath fresh air and have a view to kill for. We wake up in the morning with a sea of fog (real fog) infront of our bedroom, you wake up to smog. Keep your malls, when I need one we make it a weekend break and stay in a 5 star hotel with all the money we save from living cheap. This country boy love his off grid country life, thanks. 

Green acres is the place for me

Farm livin' is the life for me

Land spreadin' out so far and wide

Keep Bangkok, just give me that countryside

26 minutes ago, newnative said:

Green acres is the place for me

Farm livin' is the life for me

Land spreadin' out so far and wide

Keep Bangkok, just give me that countryside

I spent 25 plus years in the countryside. Ill take BKK for a bit....