Moving to work at BOI company from my own company, unsure on what I've been told

I recently posted a topic about getting a job for a second company and am very confused about what I have now been told by them with regards to Visa and WP.

I currently have a WP though a normal company (my own) and have been offered a position within a BOI company and have been told that I need to change my Non-O extension to a Non-B visa (this can be done in Thailand) then get a new WP (not allowed to keep current one???) though my new employer.

While on the surface this isn't an issue however would this break my current extensions and WP with regards to permanent residence application or would this simply be carried over.

I have never heard of this before and was under the impression that I could simply start working for them and just add that company to my current work permit or retain my work permit from my own company.

Does anyone have an experience in this?

Also if I have a non-B can permanent residence be applied for based on Thai family and the small fee be paid?

Thanks

17 hours ago, new101 said:

I currently have a WP though a normal company (my own) and have been offered a position within a BOI company and have been told that I need to change my Non-O extension to a Non-B visa (this can be done in Thailand) then get a new WP (not allowed to keep current one???) though my new employer.

If the are able to change your current extension to one based upon working that will not break the 3 years continuus of stay requirement for a PR application.

You may be able to keep your current work permit and have a new one issued under the new rules. If needed you could cancel your current work permit and apply for new one without it affecting the 3 years stay requirement.

• Like 1

Can you keep your existing company and work permit, and work for the new company as a consultant and just invoice them each month? The benefit for the new company is that they would not have to pay any severance or social security tax, and you would be better off from a taxation point of view, whilst retaining the 3 year stay requirement.