High Quality House Paint

jcgodber

I am getting ready to paint my house for the third time in 9 years. Could someone suggest an exterior house paint that is the very best quality and last just a bit longer (available here in Thailand)? Within reason, price is not too important.

I read all the advertisements for paint but most of them just don’t live up to their claims. :o

The problem with coatings is that the chemicals that make them UV stable are expensive and have a bad rap. Here is the ticket. Get yourself about 20 kilos of Lead Carbonate. A fine white powder. Mix about a cup in gallon of paint, wear a respirator while you do this. Paint that house and it will look beautiful until about 2115, especially if its white.

Dont let children eat your walls or suck on the door frames. If you dont eat the paint, there is absolutely no effects from putting it in your colors.

The problem with coatings is that the chemicals that make them UV stable are expensive and have a bad rap. Here is the ticket. Get yourself about 20 kilos of Lead Carbonate. A fine white powder. Mix about a cup in gallon of paint, wear a respirator while you do this. Paint that house and it will look beautiful until about 2115, especially if its white.

Dont let children eat your walls or suck on the door frames. If you dont eat the paint, there is absolutely no effects from putting it in your colors.

Is this why it's totally banned in Australia?

Also, click on the link below for an MSDS on Lead Carbonate.

Lead Carbonate MSDS

Edited by elkangorito

ICI Dulux, our house hasn't faded after a few years. A local house painter told me he always recommends ICI Dulux over TOA and other cheaper brands. Costs more, but it's worth it. You can see the difference over cheaper paints immediately its applied.

Is this why it's totally banned in Australia?

Yikes!! You dont want to be doing that! :o:D

• 7 months later...

Our outside wall around the house needs some paint. At first I thought of a simple whitewash but I couldn't find it at the nearest HomePro. They told me to use acrylics instead.

Is whitewash used in Thailand? Or should I follow their advice and buy that "Supershield" from TOA?

Will I need a primer?

I bet a bag of whitewash would cost a couple of hundred baht instead of a few thousand for acrylics (plus primer, if I need it).

My last experience with whitewash was when I was Tom Sawyer's age and I remember it as a very easy job.