Visa exemption 30 day stamp, and Permission to stay extension based on retirement.

Hi,

In August I will eventually be able to retire.

I did ask in 2014, yes, I have been dreaming about it so long ????, if it would be possible for me to arrive without a visa, just getting a visa exempt 30-day stamp on arrival and then applying for Permission to stay extension based on retirement at Jomtien.

Is this still possible, I will already have the money in the bank more than three months? The 30 days exemption can be extended for a fee if needed?

I put together a list of potential requirements/questions below and would be very grateful if ubonjoe or another kind and knowledgeable person can enlighten me. Thank you, and sorry to repeat what may seem as something asked many times before. I just could not see a topic quite the same as mine.

1.      Bank book showing the 800k balance, same day as extension application, verified by the bank on letter, and photocopy of updated bank book pages (page showing my name and account number and page showing the recent balance update. Is it OK to get the bank to do this the day before so that I can get to the Immigration first thing in the morning?

2.      Passport and TM6. Photocopy, just the picture pages on the passport and the page where the visa exempt stamp is? Does TM6 also need photocopy?

3.      Evidence of residence. I can show my Thai driving license or utility bill, or chanote. What would be best? I will make photocopies of these.

4.      Passport Photos, I’ll take a few to be sure

5.      Fee. 1900 baht?

6.      Completed TM7.      

2       7.      All photo copies signed and dated.

8          8. Completed TM30

4          9.      Will a TM86 or a TM87 be needed to get the Non O or will they do this with my TM7? If so, should this be done before the above, or at the same time.

Many thanks to all ????

The first step will be to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration. You will need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you will be able to apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The first step will be to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration. You will need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you will be able to apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

Thank you Ubonjoe.

For that a TM87? And should I take any other documents?

thanks

4 minutes ago, Treebeard said:

Thank you Ubonjoe.

For that a TM87? And should I take any other documents?

thanks

You will need proof of the money in the bank. Copies of your passport photo page and entry stamp.

From the webpage I posted the link to.

1. 1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa.
  2. A copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM.6))
  3. Either one 4x6 cm photograph or one 2 inch size photograph
  4. Application fee of Baht 2,000
  5. 5.1 A guarantee letter from the bank in Thailand in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner)*
    5.2 A copy  of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account  of not less than Baht 800,000* (all documents must be in the Applicant’s name). 
    5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand*
    *(Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)or