Visa Extension Options

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advise on ways to extended my visa.

I'm Irish and have being in Thailand this time around on my first ever 60 day Tourist Visa and have used and extended that Visa for another 30 days but my 90days will be up on the 4th of August, I wish to stay longer at least until mid September before I go to Australia.

Does anyone have any advise on ways to do this? 

Is the best way to do a border run? (I have read that I can do 2 land crossings per calendar year) if so does anyone have any advise on how to go about this1? or if anyone knows of any good agencies that do border runs from the Bangkok area?

Many Thanks in advance 

If you do not have any exempt entries by land border since 31 december, then you should not have a problem with that. Your best choice for that would be to exit and enter at the Nong Kai crossing. You can also do as above states, with only one crossing and a 30 day extension on that at the closest immigration office .

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delboy20 said:

So I can apply for another 30 day extension at the Thai Immigration office after I do a border crossing?

Yes you can apply for a 30 day extension without a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delboy20 said:

Is there any particular reason why I should cross at Nong Kai and not a closer border such as Bam Laem or Kanchanaburi? 

No

There really is no reason to do the crossing at Nong Khai. No problem doing it at those crossings.

Sorry just to be clear, even though I have previously extended my 60 day Tourist Visa at the Thai Immigration Office last month if I do a land crossing at get a 30 day visa exempt, they will allow me to do the 30 day extension process again??

Many thanks again!!

2 minutes ago, Delboy20 said:

Sorry just to be clear, even though I have previously extended my 60 day Tourist Visa at the Thai Immigration Office last month if I do a land crossing at get a 30 day visa exempt, they will allow me to do the 30 day extension process again??

Not a problem at all. There is no rule that would prevent you from doing it.

People do it all time. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From Bangkok?

Not a problem to do a border run closer to there.

Sure, there are more friendly borders. I was just giving my opinion on the total package as the best choice. Many of us also wants to stay a day or two, and in that case Vientiane is a good choice with things to do evening as well as great food choice and a very important friendly border.

In my opinon border runs should not be advertized, due to that it seems like it´s looked upon a little bit better is a person stays outside for 1-2 days. Just an observation during the long time when all has been slowly changing.