8 Days Overstay...

loburi3 thats true...

I should have started an new thread... the 90 day report is for my girlfriend :-) she is Thai but here on NZ passport (one year visa).

:-)

Make sure she has a re-entry permit if she crosses the border and this won't substitute the 90 day reporting requirement.

loburi3 thats true...

I should have started an new thread... the 90 day report is for my girlfriend :-) she is Thai but here on NZ passport (one year visa).

:-)

Make sure she has a re-entry permit if she crosses the border and this won't substitute the 90 day reporting requirement.

If her visa is a one year multi and she is within the validity of the visa she does not need the re-entry permit

To the OP yes you can do the 90 day reporting in Tak, you can also do a re-entry permit if needed for your GF

Thanks once again! :-)

Its amazing how much you guys know!!!

She is double.. Thai passport and NZ Passport... we are you here on holiday then going to Europe, Thats why she is on her NZ pass, much more easy in Europe.

Can she just show her Thai ID to get through the border to Burma with me??

If she is not legally in Thailand on that ID card I would not take the chance of the computer saying something bad - at least ask the immigration officer first. As you plan to do an address report it is going to be obvious she is not here as a Thai.

For the future she should always use her Thai passport to enter/exit Thailand. Other countries use the NZ passport. When check-in for flight out of Bangkok she would then show both passports to airline so prove ability to travel to destination but normally only her Thai passport to immigration.

I am pretty sure that if she has a local Thai ID card, there would not be any cross check at the land border into Myanmar with her NZ passport BUT you never know.

I would stay with her NZ passport or she could just wait for you on th etHai side and not cross as you will be coming right back

As Lop said always enter Thailand on her Thai passport a much better option for next time

ohh! we did not know that she could travel on both passports..

We left New Zealand.... on NZ pass... stayed in thailand 6 months.... now going to Denmark.

How does it work to travel on both??

She would like to come to the markety in Burma thats why is wanna go through.

ID card, maybe ok...

How much for a visa?? same as my run? B500 was it? + some copies, is that really that cheap?

Cambodia i payed B1300 I think

Ask immigration - they may well say just go on the ID card but be sure you get his name in case another officer questions on return. If not they can issue a re-entry permit for her extension of stay for 1,000 baht. I am assuming she has an extension of stay - you have not confirmed it - as you talk of 90 day report which would not be required on a multi entry non immigrant O visa (in fact she would have to make an exit/entry in that case).

Thanks again... but so many different answers :-) what to do?

anyone know about the mae sot border and visa run?

does Thai have to show passport to cross the border to burma??

A Thai doesn't need a passport but they do need to get a piece of paper from a nearby office. I forget where as it has been a while. Somebody here should be able to tell you if not they will tell you at the border. It is fairly straightfoward.