Lost Motorbike License

crabstix

I have lost my motorbike licence. I have a 7 motorbike year licence which I obtained near the 'Wat Fung Min' area of Chiang Rai at the transport dept (Thais call this area 'Con Song'). Any ideas how I can go about getting a new one? What documents do I need and how much do I need to pay? How long does it take to get a new one? I have a photocopy of my licence. Will that help? Or do I have to do the whole driving test again?

In the meantime I think I will have to avoid the cops. I doubt they will accept a xerox of my motorbike license.

I have lost my motorbike licence. I have a 7 motorbike year licence which I obtained near the 'Wat Fung Min' area of Chiang Rai at the transport dept (Thais call this area 'Con Song'). Any ideas how I can go about getting a new one? What documents do I need and how much do I need to pay? How long does it take to get a new one? I have a photocopy of my licence. Will that help? Or do I have to do the whole driving test again?

In the meantime I think I will have to avoid the cops. I doubt they will accept a xerox of my motorbike license.

You have to go the police station, report your licence has been lost, get a report from them, go to the ''Fung Bin''

with the report card and they will issue you with a new licence.

Not sure of the cost involved.

Hope that's useful.

You have to go the police station, report your licence has been lost, get a report from them, go to the ''Fung Bin''

with the report card and they will issue you with a new licence.

Not sure of the cost involved.

Hope that's useful.

Thanks.

Luckily for me the police told me I didn't need a report. They told me to just bring my passport as ID and take it to where my bike license was issued. When I got there they told me I needed my work permit as well! Anyway all is sorted now. In case this happens to anyone else on this forum, you need 2 passport photos (1 inch), a work permit, passport and 105 baht. Whole process takes 15 minutes.

At least now I no longer have to dodge the cops!