Spouse Visa

Hi there I am getting married to my thai girlfriend later this year I need good honest advice on getting her spouse visa for UK please no bullshit posts

Do a bit for yourself and do a search through this forum on the word "settlement" and you will find all you want to know.( No bullshit :o ). In the event you still have questions come back and ask.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Hi there highlander76 and welcome to the thai visa forum, I agree with Mahout Angrit you must do a search on the forum for post's on Settlement and look at the Brithish embassy site, and then when you have got some question's get back to use all and we will help you with good advice not (bullshit),it is better for us if you ask questions ok no matter how silly they may sound to you we should be able to help in some way.

all the best and good luck ,start keeping records off phone calls e mails etc as these will be needed

pete and som

Where are you from???and how long you being together we need some sort off back ground off you both to help in giving you the right answer's.

Edited by cuddleypete

I can understand you not quite understanding the search option as you are new here, but Mahout has shown that now and as CP says a little moe info would have been helpful, G' has given you some useful links and here are a couple more from the Archives for some gentle reading:

Good Luck

Moss

Uk: Indefinate Leave To Remain, How long can someone on a spouse visa leave the Uk for?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...Settlement+visa

they may give an insight into the pitfalls that arise from applications.

when you hae a look and made yourself aware of the questions you might want to ask, then do so, no question is stupid or naive only the ones you don't know and others probably do.

Edit: I don't think one of the links has worked

Edited by Mossfinn

Hi there I am getting married to my thai girlfriend later this year I need good honest advice on getting her spouse visa for UK please no bullshit posts

Thank you everyone for replying so soon .Cuddlypete you want more info I have been with Yuphin my girlfriend for three years now I live in Thurso in the very north Scotland I am in full time empolyment i own my house

If and when your girlfriend gets to the UK, she may well find herself the most northerly Thai in the country (with the exception of the Thai bloke in Shetland who got done for fire raising and was briefly threatened with deportation).

In order to get her a spouse visa you need to meet the criteria stipulated in the immigration rules which state that you must be married, have sufficient means of maintenance and accommodation, and intend to live together permanently. The first few requirements are relatively easily satisfied, but it's the last upon which it's easiest to fall down. In order to satisfy the visa officer that you do intend to live together permanently, you will need to establish that your relationship is genuine, and the best way to do this is to provide evidence of contact covering the entire period.

Scouse.

Hi

I have just been through the process and found the help on here invaluable. Without it I doubt we would have got the visa.

My application was an inch thick by the time I submitted it. Spend time on it and make sure your application is supported by loads of evidence. Keep every e mail sent and received, phone bills, photos tickets. I included my job contract mortgage statement etc.

More importantly make sure the Embassy official can access that information easily. So in section 4 for instance all the supporting information is in a seperate section clearly marked supporting information for section 4 and everything is itemised. Pretend the person reading it is 9 years old!!!

Robs guide was invaluable to me. I adapted it to make it even easier and as soon as i can I will post my version. I also had a list of questions that would be asked at the interview and made sure my wife was comfortable with them. Actually more important was making sure she was comfortable with saying I don't know. Thais don't like to let you down and might guess if they are unsure or didn't understand a question. I realised this as we went through the questions. Explaining that she would be dealing with a Brit and how our minds work (its ok not to know or to ask for a question to be repeated) was probably the best thing we did. When Nisa came up against a question she didn't know she was comfortable saying so. I do think that helped. Had she not known my name it might have been different!!!

The very best of luck with it.

Simon