Diverting Skype To Bkk Mobile

CarlBkk

I keep in touch with the office back in the UK using Skype, and when I'm out and about I divert it to my mobile...it's working out pretty expensive. I know you can buy Skype wi-fi phones which allow the call to be picked up without diverting, but this would have to find local hotspots (which wouldn't work in a taxi, in the road or outside of BKK I guess). Is there any other option? Can the wi-fi phones for SKype be bought at good prices in Pantip?

Cheers,

Carl

I keep in touch with the office back in the UK using Skype, and when I'm out and about I divert it to my mobile...it's working out pretty expensive. I know you can buy Skype wi-fi phones which allow the call to be picked up without diverting, but this would have to find local hotspots (which wouldn't work in a taxi, in the road or outside of BKK I guess). Is there any other option? Can the wi-fi phones for SKype be bought at good prices in Pantip?

Cheers,

Carl

My phone(windows mobile 5 based) runs skype, when I am not in range of a wifi hotspot, I use DTAC EDGE for my data connection, I have a a fixed price plan and the speed is perfectly adaquate for skyping and I am yet to find an area in Bangkok that doesn't have coverage.

Do you have a PSTN (fixed line) connection? If so there are several hardware solutions which will forward an incoming Skype call out over the PSTN to any telephone number including a mobile. You do not pay to receive in-coming calls on your mobile, and I pay 5 baht per call outbound (regardless of duration) on my TOT fixed line.

Example

Cheers,

Carl

My phone(windows mobile 5 based) runs skype, when I am not in range of a wifi hotspot, I use DTAC EDGE for my data connection, I have a a fixed price plan and the speed is perfectly adaquate for skyping and I am yet to find an area in Bangkok that doesn't have coverage.

Thanks, I've got a Nokia N73 and True Move sim so I'll find out if I can do something similar...I guess you've gotta be on a contract to get the service though.

Do you have a PSTN (fixed line) connection? If so there are several hardware solutions which will forward an incoming Skype call out over the PSTN to any telephone number including a mobile. You do not pay to receive in-coming calls on your mobile, and I pay 5 baht per call outbound (regardless of duration) on my TOT fixed line.

Example

Yes, I've just got a True hi speed fixed line/broadband line in my condo. The hardware on the link you gave seems ideal - can I find something like this in Bangkok?

• 2 years later...

Cheers,

Carl

Thanks, I've got a Nokia N73 and True Move sim so I'll find out if I can do something similar...I guess you've gotta be on a contract to get the service though.

Hi,

This is a new call diverter for skype that divert landline and cell phone for

free to skype free. the name is "rylwy"

your incoming calls from your landline and cell phone will follow you for

free anywhere you travel, to another skype connection.

And you cal make calls from your original landline anywhere

In the world as if you are near your landline.

Are you able to get a subscription to Skype? Either unlimited country, or unlimited world should get you call forwarding to a Thai number included.

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/subscript...&country=TH

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/callforwarding/

"With a subscription you can forward calls to landlines in any country within your subscription at no extra cost. "

Defiantely the wat to do it.. by a skype Thailand subscription 1st then get a online number andfoward the calls to your mobile that wil be free as it wil lbe in your subscription.. the reason to buy the subscription 1st is that you get a 50% discount on the online number if you already have a subsription

All in all it works out at 300bhat month fo rthe subscription and 400 baht every 3 months the online number..