Tourist Killed At “full Moon” Party

george

Wow did I just stumble on the Aryan Nation or what... What's with all this anti-semitism being rattled off? Sad really on all parts. I mean a young man was senselessly killed. I really don't care where he's from or judge a situation by stereotyping of a group of people. I'm just going by what I read and not by the whole I heard it from a friend bit (we know how reliable a lot of those can be). I don't care how you spin it (guy was cheap, guy spit in someone's face, talked to someone's girl, etc.), there is no justification in this instance for pulling out knives and killing someone. I mean he was said to have 8 knife wounds to the chest, arm, face and back as well as 4 head wounds. As I said, I don't know exactly what happend, but obviously reading the story, the polititians son had major problems with tourists. I hope these guys get what they deserve (Life in Prison), but I doubt very much that is going to happen without a lot of pressure put on by Israel.

It really does iritate me that soon as you say anything negative about Israel your are charged with anti-semitism yet no-one has mentioned religion here only Israel.

I am a Brit and we do not exactly have the best reputation oversees but when I see the way some of my fellow countryman behave I do understand why some don't alway hold us in the highest regard.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is nothing about anti-semitism, it's about behaviour of some tourists. You should be able to criticize an Israeli without being stuck with the anti-semite label. Unfortunately the PC brigade is always waiting to pounce.

I agree.... but for the same reasons, it should be allright to criticize Thailand in this board sometimes and not being stuck with the "Thailand-basher" label.

Though, I know this is actually off topic, and talks about anti-semitism are OFF-TOPIC as well, as the murder incident did nothing have to do with the nationality of the victim....

In my much younger days, I was in drunken bar fights too. BUT, eight knife wounds and four head wounds is WAY beyond a barroom brawl.

WHAT??????

I partied on Ko Phangan during the drug peak a few years ago, when it was drugs drugs and drugs, booze was not really an option, there were very few fights and only a hand full of killings and rapes. Today there are a hand full of rapes a day, killings every week its a bloody free for all down there.

Everyone knows how the Israeli's treat Haad Rin, and they get bumped off every so often, will they learn..... nope!

I'm not saying its just Israelis that get whacked though, its a very dangerous island more than EVER reported, while I was there a few months ago, I knew of 4 rapes in just a few days, and that was not even near the full moon, the island needs a proper f**king shake up.

.........but that might hurt Ko Phangans shitty tourist industry, so we better all stuff our heads back in the sand and let the locals rape and pillage as much as they like!

In my much younger days, I was in drunken bar fights too. BUT, eight knife wounds and four head wounds is WAY beyond a barroom brawl.

WHAT??????

I partied on Ko Phangan during the drug peak a few years ago, when it was drugs drugs and drugs, booze was not really an option, there were very few fights and only a hand full of killings and rapes. Today there are a hand full of rapes a day, killings every week its a bloody free for all down there.

Everyone knows how the Israeli's treat Haad Rin, and they get bumped off every so often, will they learn..... nope!

I'm not saying its just Israelis that get whacked though, its a very dangerous island more than EVER reported, while I was there a few months ago, I knew of 4 rapes in just a few days, and that was not even near the full moon, the island needs a proper f**king shake up.

.........but that might hurt Ko Phangans shitty tourist industry, so we better all stuff our heads back in the sand and let the locals rape and pillage as much as they like!

Exaggerating just a little? :o

Can you back up the daily rapings and weekly murders with some corroborating evidence, and not just rumours spread by a bunch of old hens on barstools?

This is nothing about anti-semitism, it's about behaviour of some tourists. You should be able to criticize an Israeli without being stuck with the anti-semite label. Unfortunately the PC brigade is always waiting to pounce.

I agree.... but for the same reasons, it should be allright to criticize Thailand in this board sometimes and not being stuck with the "Thailand-basher" label.

Though, I know this is actually off topic, and talks about anti-semitism are OFF-TOPIC as well, as the murder incident did nothing have to do with the nationality of the victim....

.......... I bet it had a fair bit to do with the murder, lets lay our cards on the table here, no ones being anti-semitic, its not about Jews, its about Israeli's and how they act in Thailand especially Haad Rin, even they admit it!

I despise all the PC crap and resent having to watch every word I say. That's one of the reasons I like living in Thailand. I was pleased to see the below definition;

This is the winning entry from an annual contest calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term: Political Correctness.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.

Really Taxexile? I thought my comment about it being senseless and unnecessary conveyed my opinion more correctly than your subjective editing of my post. All I said was it was a matter of time, just because you can see a train wreck coming doesn't mean you approve. The regular local people are appalled and most feel, as Southwest has posted, that this kind of violence is completely unnecessary. Another word I used in my post that you managed to overlook, tax.

i wasnt accusing you of having that ( schadenfreud) attitude sbk.

but there is a certain stereotyping attitude noticeable on this board that israelis ( possibly because of the politics of the middle east region) deserve what they get and that they are all tight with their money.

similar to the stereotyping attitude that all muslims are terrorists and treat women as slaves.

most young people travelling are tight with money and seek the best deal , thailand has a deserved reputation for overcharging foriegn guests , haad rin especially , and their care over expenditure could be seen as a result of that reputation.

young thais are equally careful with their money when travelling , as are most people.

this was a horrible murder , and nothing less.

im very surprised that it has taken this long for an israili to end up like this on hadrinn.

when i was running my business on koh phangan and koh tao, if there was any trouble you could near on gaurantee that an israili would be involved.

my thai partner had a hit man on call and the only time i saw him call the hitman in was to sort out this israili.

he smashed up our new bike and would not pay. :D

it was brilliant to see, as when the hitman pulled out his gun the israili started crying like a little baby and payed up what he owed us. :bah:

anyway,

its just not that there so tight with there money, its the way they look down on thai people in general, spit venom and talk in such a rough way verging on offensive.

its got nothing to do with travelling on a budget as the majority of backpackers are on a budget and dont behave like this, especially thais which you have used as an example. :o

being in there groups is also a huge turn off for most backpackers and locals.

its not good that they killed this guy as a broken arm and leg would of done the job and taught him some manners but if you play the spit game this can happen. :D

to be truthful if you spat your drink in someones face here in perth there's a real good chance you could get murdered for it, so to do it in thailand is plain insanity as the thais are a tad touchy regarding these things. :D

i think anyone who has ever had a tourist related business and had to deal with israili's can understand how this incident came about.

but just to be fair, in the last 20 years of travelling in thailand i have met some great israili's.

they where all at the airport flying home. :bah:

thank you very much. :D

Tax, the attitude comes from people in the tourist business who have dealt with Israelis. While they can be a lot of fun sometimes, they are by far some of the rudest, most ill-mannered bunch that inhabit the backpacker circuit. Nobody is saying he deserved it, but few are surprised that it happened.

hit the nail on the head there vic and let the truth be known.

i salute you. :o

WHAT??????

Exaggerating just a little? :o

Can you back up the daily rapings and weekly murders with some corroborating evidence, and not just rumours spread by a bunch of old hens on barstools?

I lived and worked on Ko Phangan for a good few years 99-2003 during that time I had three of my co-workers murdered, all stabbed to death, and could hand on my heart say 1-2 girls were raped a week, but on my last visit, 2 girls were drugged and raped on the small beach I stay on away from Haad Rin, then one morning I met a girl in tears on the road in Haad Rin crying, she had just been raped I had to give her a lift to the hospital, then on the way back to Bangkok I was talking to someone who had her friend raped, but who's going to get caught for rape there.... no one! They all know that they will get away with it.

As for murders, most get noted down as accidental death or just forgotten about, I'd lie to see how many of those so called ''missing people'' notices in Bangkok went ''missing'' on the islands!

Tax, the attitude comes from people in the tourist business who have dealt with Israelis. While they can be a lot of fun sometimes, they are by far some of the rudest, most ill-mannered bunch that inhabit the backpacker circuit. Nobody is saying he deserved it, but few are surprised that it happened.

hit the nail on the head there vic and let the truth be known.

i salute you. :o

You know the score Terry!

Wow did I just stumble on the Aryan Nation or what... What's with all this anti-semitism being rattled off? Sad really on all parts. I mean a young man was senselessly killed. I really don't care where he's from or judge a situation by stereotyping of a group of people. I'm just going by what I read and not by the whole I heard it from a friend bit (we know how reliable a lot of those can be). I don't care how you spin it (guy was cheap, guy spit in someone's face, talked to someone's girl, etc.), there is no justification in this instance for pulling out knives and killing someone. I mean he was said to have 8 knife wounds to the chest, arm, face and back as well as 4 head wounds. As I said, I don't know exactly what happend, but obviously reading the story, the polititians son had major problems with tourists. I hope these guys get what they deserve (Life in Prison), but I doubt very much that is going to happen without a lot of pressure put on by Israel.

if this was an australian instead of an israili, i still would not be surprised of the outcome.

anybody who knows anything about thailand knows that this is the quickest way to be possibly murdered for your stupid actions. ( spitting in a thais face.)

whether a farang is right or wrong you never do this in this country, as the boys dont like it and life is cheap here.

most people arn't surprised an israili is involved as they tend to do silly things like this.

to start dealing the anti-semitism card shows that you are not dealing with the reality of the situation or have not had personal contact with the israili's.

thank you very much. :o

Ya. I lived in Haadrin 1995-98.

Who's this Beejoir boy saying he lived there in the drug heydays, 1999-03? Dream on, little brother. You were probably in diapers when the real drug days were happening. Even when I was there, the open drug use was gone or the police was there to arrest the sorry ass who even lit a joint on Leela Beach.

Here's the gist: The Israeli boys who come en masse to Haadrin after their term of army duty are hated by everyone. Rude, crude, dirty, and disrespectful. Ten in a bungalow jamming one or two ladies among them. Everyone despises them, and many places have signs "No Israelis".

(I'm not talking about the single travellers mind.)

More than one Israeli has been put down in Haadrin. This latest guy won't be the last.

Had an English friend in Haadrin; stabbed 16 times. Not Israeli. Cleaners found him in one of the toilets on the main beach. He was a diver.

Totally agree here,i class myself as being well easy going with many nationalities,yet the only problems ive encountered is with israeli men,phuket and koh phangnan....arrogant,attituded right up!...ive seen them battered in samui for pisstaking the thais,then ive watched innocent others get involved and hurt because they felt sympathy for them...i m english and i know we are not angels,but i have learned to totally blank some of these tossers,otherwise its easy to want to belt them.....im sorry to hear that the lad died,as thats terrible,but you must not <deleted> with thais.....end of!

WHAT??????

i would like to pass comment on the rape of these women.

before we go any further, i reinforce that under no circumstances is rape of a woman exceptable and my further comment is mearly an observation of some girls actions at the full moon party.

some of the girls have absolutely no respect for themselves or thai custom.

they get around topless and wearing thongs, pissed up and stoned of there mind.

thais have been seeing this for years and let it roll on because of the money that is generated at the full moon party.

many young thais come from other places to pray on these young girls as they are such an easy target latter on in the night.

its not hard to see why so many girls are being raped, but why do they continue to put themselves in such a vulnerable situation.?

the question is not hard and the answer is drink and drugs freely available at every full moon party.

the warnings are printed in every guide books about respecting thai culture and respecting ones self but they go unheeded. :o

its a tragedy that the rapes carry on but as long as the girls play this game it will continue.

The deceased, according to a friend of mine who was there, started the fight by spitting his drink in the Thai guy's face.

Not the first time that this disgusting behavior :o triggered a killing . I can remember somebody who spit a Patthaya policeman in his face was killed. Although never a motive to kill I think this is even in "civilized" Europe a really very nasty insult!

Anyone who works in the tourist industry here inThailand (I myself work on Khaosan road) will testify that Israeli customers are by far the worst to deal with (ignorant, disrespectful, rude and arrogant) especially when traveling in packs.

8 knive wounds and a split skull are not deserving for even the worst behaviour by any person but the seeds of discontent have already been sown by the victims fellow compatriots and their bad behaviour during the last 20 years here ... compassion is not found in abundance at 2am on Hadrin these days if you spit your beer into a locals face....

Ya. I lived in Haadrin 1995-98.

Who's this Beejoir boy saying he lived there in the drug heydays, 1999-03? Dream on, little brother. You were probably in diapers when the real drug days were happening. Even when I was there, the open drug use was gone or the police was there to arrest the sorry ass who even lit a joint on Leela Beach.

Here's the gist: The Israeli boys who come en masse to Haadrin after their term of army duty are hated by everyone. Rude, crude, dirty, and disrespectful. Ten in a bungalow jamming one or two ladies among them. Everyone despises them, and many places have signs "No Israelis".

(I'm not talking about the single travellers mind.)

More than one Israeli has been put down in Haadrin. This latest guy won't be the last.

Had an English friend in Haadrin; stabbed 16 times. Not Israeli. Cleaners found him in one of the toilets on the main beach. He was a diver.

i was living in tong nai pann in 1988 and the cops were pulling farangs up for smoking joints on the beach then. ( in hadd rin)

they would only need to grab a few as the going rate to buy your way out of it was 50,000 baht. :D

mainly active at the end of the month. :D

most farang payed up. :D

the few that did not, ended up in the slam in surattani awaiting an appointment with the judge.

it was great crack in those days was'nt it jet. :o:D

Anyone who works in the tourist industry here inThailand (I myself work on Khaosan road) will testify that Israeli customers are by far the worst to deal with (ignorant, disrespectful, rude and arrogant) especially when traveling in packs.

8 knive wounds and a split skull are not deserving for even the worst behaviour by any person but the seeds of discontent have already been sown by the victims fellow compatriots and their bad behaviour during the last 20 years here ... compassion is not found in abundance at 2am on Hadrin these days if you spit your beer into a locals face....

Quite hard but sounds reasonable. By coincident I saved this picture once, but I forgot from where:

post-22212-1175503559_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni

well , it seems as if i will have to bow to the opinions of those who work or have worked in the tourist business when it comes to the behaviour of israelis abroad.

well , it seems as if i will have to bow to the opinions of those who work or have worked in the tourist business when it comes to the behaviour of israelis abroad.

It's pretty well known amongst backpackers that Israelis travel in mobs and can be quite aggressive and rude. A few friends of mine who came for the usual 2-3 week holiday all said the same thing about them. No anti-semetism here..i've heard the same thing about Israelis from several different nationalities of tourists spanning from Asians, South Americans, and Europeans.

With that having been said I think murder is a pretty over the top response. A sound ass kicking and banning from the establishment would have been enough. However, it's hard for me to muster up sympathy when the Israeli guy spit his drink in the thai guy's face. In just about any country on earth that is an act that is just asking for a serious response. He'd probably be just as dead in many parts of the U.S. too.

yes,

thats a good idea that you listen to these people tax, as they all speak from first hand experience. :o

you cant deny facts my friend and to keep this on topic its a tragety that the dude got killed.

i'll bet his friends modify there behaviour though. :D

fact: a man got murdered fact: there are suspects

Unfortunately, in Thailand, nothing of this sort is viewed objectively. Ever facet of the investigation (if there is one) and doling out justice (if it happens) will be steeped in subjectivity: the nationality of the vicitim /// the nationality and social standing of the alleged perpetrators, etc etc.

It's impossible for a Thai investigator / law enforcement person to get involved with a case like this without a whole slew of pre-determined attitudes due to manifold subjective considerations. How / when will Thai law enforcement ever do its job objectively and professionally ?!?!? Methinks it will be a long wait, perhaps the next ice-age.

I think we need to seperate the behaviour of Israelis and the behaviour of Thai locals on islands like Koh Phangan.

There are far too many people here on these boards who after spending many years in Thailand, make the typical excuses for the behaviour of Thai locals. There seems to be an attitude that only if we had all known better that Thais are on a short fuse then these things would not happen.

I've been many times to Phangan and have had a great time, but I did find the behaviour of many,many local Thai men abhorrent, these really are the worst kind of scum, and yes, they have all been drawn by the goings on at Haad Rin.

Please let's not make the mistake of saying that it is partly our faults for antagonising these thugs. It is not acceptable. This behaviour is not unique to Thailand, but it is quite unique for a supposedly top tourist destination. Everyone that makes excuses for these rapists and murderers are also part of the problem, it is not reasonable to say this is just part of the Thai psychy and we should all play along.

And no matter how many half-naked girls I saw at the FMP, I was never tempted to rape someone... so making any attempt to excuse the behaviour of people who do is really just pathetic.... Terry!!

Please let's not make the mistake of saying that it is partly our faults for antagonising these thugs. It is not acceptable. This behaviour is not unique to Thailand, but it is quite unique for a supposedly top tourist destination. Everyone that makes excuses for these rapists and murderers are also part of the problem, it is not reasonable to say this is just part of the Thai psychy and we should all play along.

i agree wholeheartedly.