Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Tires look good. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sporty, and even though they aren't completely "broke in" yet, I was able to notice one difference almost immediately - Road paint. The IRC's were "skipping" and "sliding' on it, while the MPS have no problem with it.

The ride also seems a bit smoother as well.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the air pressure yet? They like 30-32 psi. When i first had mine mounted they left the barcode on where the bead is and I had a slow leak, had to go back and get it taken off and remounted. There's a good place for mounting next to Siam TV.

my tyres had 45+ psi when i got the bike back

Same bike and tyres and I had 45psi+ too when had them put on in Honda in Sapan Kwai.

When I bought the CBR250 from Honda in Ratachyothin they 17 and 12 psi.

Qualified, certified mechanics. :rolleyes:

Never had low pressure; usually the qualified mechanics pump 'em up til they find it hard to squeeze the tyre! Which is why i bought a tyre pressure gauge. I had a set on my Wave that were 50+.

Has anyone found flush type replacements for the stem type turn signals? With the way people park their bikes here (with all the wide parking space, some retards on a Click or a Wave put their bikes so close to yours you can barely get on the bike much less stand it upright - I'm baffled what goes into their heads :blink:), someone's bound to break it off. Anyone else thinking of replacing them?

Has anyone found flush type replacements for the stem type turn signals? With the way people park their bikes here (with all the wide parking space, some retards on a Click or a Wave put their bikes so close to yours you can barely get on the bike much less stand it upright - I'm baffled what goes into their heads :blink:), someone's bound to break it off. Anyone else thinking of replacing them?

One of mine DID get broke at the Tesco on Hang Dong road, despite the fact that when I parked it, I put it at the very end with no other bikes within 10-15 FEET! Expensive as hell to replace. Would have been cheaper to order the smaller ones from Brian at Summet City instead.

I've seriously thought of buying a couple of more just to experiment on with a rotary tool (Dremel-like) and some superglue to make the stalks shorter. I saw the small ones like Brian has on a black/silver 250 at Niyom Panich a while back. Really small, but according to Brian, very bright and visible at night.

I got a pair of those from Brian. I think you'll need to replace all four or use a blinker relay for the pair to use them on the bike otherwise they'll just be on indefinitely. I've kept them at home, was thinking of selling them but then who knows I might need them if I'm getting a bigger bike in the future or maybe on some crazy project. ... Hopefully, no one has thrown them away, since they were Koso originals. They're still stem type though. Uppalux was fabricating something custom for his bike along with other plastic parts, I wonder how it went...

One of mine DID get broke at the Tesco on Hang Dong road, despite the fact that when I parked it, I put it at the very end with no other bikes within 10-15 FEET! Expensive as hell to replace. Would have been cheaper to order the smaller ones from Brian at Summet City instead.

I've seriously thought of buying a couple of more just to experiment on with a rotary tool (Dremel-like) and some superglue to make the stalks shorter. I saw the small ones like Brian has on a black/silver 250 at Niyom Panich a while back. Really small, but according to Brian, very bright and visible at night.

I have the same problem with people parking very close. On my old CBR150 i had the side stand extended so it didn't lean as much, so i could get out of tight spots easier! Even when i park it away from everyone else, someone tends to park close. The trick i found is to park way way away from the entrance, i've figured out most thais don't like to walk far (eg triple parking cars on a busy corner when there is space 20 meters away) so usually this stops a lot of the 'cosy' parkers venturing close!

I've put the smaller LEDs on the back, but left the front ones. i've found the front indicators are great for keeping the shopping bags hanging off the mirrors from swinging forward and rubbing on the front guard! :Dave:

Back on page 123 uppalux showed pics using indicators from a Yamie Nouvo Elegance, which where a little large (sticking out too far IMO).

Park with the back wheel against the railing so that I'm facing out.

That is SO un-Thai.....Unless you are driving a car of course.....

Well, let's see, I'm 3rd generation Irish-American Caucasian, so I guess that makes me about as "un Thai" as you can get.

:cheesy:

I noticed Red Baron have GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-07 flush indicators for 1,590฿ but i would reckon you'd have to modify the CBR fairing to make 'em flush. They also seem to have a range of LEDs here

Edited by taichiplanet

I noticed Red Baron have GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-07 flush indicators for 1,590฿ but i would reckon you'd have to modify the CBR fairing to make 'em flush. They also seem to have a range of LEDs here

Sticking to OEM for now... sooner or later something will be available.

BTW, Taichi, when you replaced the rear turn lights did you have to get a new relay for it, or did you just replace the lights?

Sticking to OEM for now... sooner or later something will be available.

BTW, Taichi, when you replaced the rear turn lights did you have to get a new relay for it, or did you just replace the lights?

The relay had to be replaced.

Riding the 150 after riding his MotoGP bike, Stoner probably felt he could walk faster! :lol:

Note to self; next time at the traffic lights apply front brake and rev at same time to light up rear wheel to make like i have heaps of power. Maybe i should change back to the IRC tyres to do that! :D

What's the stock compression ratio on the cbr150?

Is it as lean as the 250?

Compression is 11.0:1 (same as old carbie 150).

Don't know if it is running towards the lean end, but given Honda's penchant for fuel economy with the PGM-Fi bikes i would guess (hope) that a little extra dose of fuel might give a bit more power. As the 150 seems only to be in the Thai, Indonesia and Philippine market it is hard to find after market performance bits. Hoping API-Tech will sort out it's street ECU/ECM in the next few months so as to try it out.

Some countries also have the 125cc version, such as Canada.

But more interestingly they have an official full race modification set up available. Think I linked to it in this thread before. Not sure how they would switch over to the 150 though. How much would be different?

Edited by hehehoho

Interesting...

R9 Website

where in BKK i can found this and what is the price appr?

or any similar brands?

thanks alot

You can ask the forum sponsor, Sumet Cycles in BKK. They can probably source something for you (probably not the one shown on the video since they're made in Indonesia but you can probably order one at the R9 website for around 6,000 to 7,000 baht).

Hi guys,

Would like some advise and comments from you pros. I used to ride back when I was at university but haven't ridden now for what, close on 30 years so I would consider myself a novice. I was considering buying a PCX but saw the CBR 150 in the showroom and loved the way it looks. I can handle clutches as that's pretty much what I did, with cars as well.

So my question is whether to go for a PCX (quoted at 76 k) or the CBR (84 k)? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

Would like some advise and comments from you pros. I used to ride back when I was at university but haven't ridden now for what, close on 30 years so I would consider myself a novice. I was considering buying a PCX but saw the CBR 150 in the showroom and loved the way it looks. I can handle clutches as that's pretty much what I did, with cars as well.

So my question is whether to go for a PCX (quoted at 76 k) or the CBR (84 k)? Any advise would be much appreciated.

First question: What are your needs? Answer that, and that will tell you which bike to go with. I've got the 150 tri-color, which I've had for a year now, and before that the black carbed model. For me, personally, I love it and enjoy the heck out of it. But I also bought the new burgundy red PCX for my son, who just got his Gvt Teaching posting. I have driven both bikes from Chiang Mai to Muang Na in Chiang Dao. Under 2 hours on the CBR, slightly over 2 on the PCX. Ok, I admit, I was sorta "loafing" on the CBR, and the PCX had no problems running 100-110 on the flats, but bottomed out a bit on some of the steeper mountain areas.

Both are great bikes, handle well, good gas mileage. PCX has a "softer" ride to it, and personally I'd look for an aftermarket seat to get rid of that hump they have on the stock one, but my son is a bit shorter in the legs than I am and says it doesn't bother him at all. He loves the bike. Also had a huge box placed on the back for him. Two tone, black bottom, white top, which looks good. That also allows him to carry a ton of stuff in the box and under the seat.

Bottom line, if you want a great bike that's totally fun to drive, but has basically no room to carry anything, go for the CBR. If you want a great bike that handles extremely well in traffic, comfortable to ride, and very practical for everyday use, with good storage space under the seat, that doesn't need to get you up to speeds of 130kph+, go for the PCX.

If possible, take both bikes out for a test ride and see which one you like best, then consider what your needs are, and how you're going to be using it. You really can't go wrong with either one.

Edited by Just1Voice

Agree with J1V. Anyway, both are easy bikes to use; i learnt to ride on the older CBR150 here in Thailand. I bought an old scooter to potter around the village on but basically love the little CBR as can weaving through the traffic jams where the scooters can go and enough power to get you in front of most things off the lights. PCX seems to be a nice bike, and everyone i know that has one loves it. Maybe wait until the 12th January or so, as i think there is a Honda dealers convention in Bkk, so maybe they might bring out a couple of new models. Actually just checked and there is a new Wave 125, a CRF250 and a couple of other scooters.

With all the problems the CBR250 guys are starting to have, i am glad i decided to stick with the 150. The only problem i have with the 150 (besides wanting a little more power) is the issue of sometimes dropping into neutral when changing gears especially on 6th gear.

I agree with Thaichi about the problems the 250 seems to have developed verses the 150. I'm still thinking of moving up to the 250, though, for the longer trips I like to take. The 150 does great, but the 250 would give me a little more power and torque, especially where it's needed in the mountains.

However, a friend of mine recently told me he saw somewhere - but can't remember where now - that Honda is going to be releasing 13 "new models" for 2012. One of them is a factory built "chopper" that's very nice, if you like that kind of bike.

But what I'm waiting to see is if they come out with a new CBR 400. I have been told, both in English & Thai, by the Head Mechanic/Teacher at Honda Niyom Panich here in Chiang Mai, that it WILL be available next year, sometime around March or April. Since he told me that, I've searched every website I can looking for some info, but can't find anything. Doesn't mean anything, as Honda kept the new 250 pretty much secret till almost the last minute before releasing them, so maybe they're doing the same thing again.

If they do come with a 400 CBR, that will get some very serious consideration, as it would be - IMHO - the perfect bike for Thailand. Great on the highways, and not so big that it's a pain in city traffic.

Oh, well, just have to wait and see.