Villa Market Changes Expiration Date

macone

I puchased a Chocolate Brownie and other food at Villa Market at Ploenchit Center Sukumvit Soi 2. After I got home I found that the package label with the bar code was for a White Chocolate Cream Pie and that the Expiration Date had been hand written on another sticker that had been affixed by hand. I think the original packageing had the real expiration date, and they switched the brownie into another container so they could sell it.I had read that this has been a problem at Villa Market in the past but that there had been so many complaints that it had been stopped. I tasted the Brownie and it was so stale that I threw the remainder in the garbage.

This really annoys me. Villa is virtually the only place in BKK that you can get certain things in a one stop shop. I think that all the branches are grubby, ill lit and the staff are rude. Unfortuantely, unless you want to go trawling around Paragon and Empo it's the only place for some stuff. :o

its not them doing it (for the most part), its the suppliers/distributors that provide the products for them....this business works on consignment.

I believe that its them. I was about to buy the salad dressing and I found out that it is expired. I asked the guy to check it, he made such a bad face :o and then put it back and said we dont have. While after 10 mins I came back there to check and I found out that the date has been replaced with a new sticker. :D

• 3 weeks later...
its not them doing it (for the most part), its the suppliers/distributors that provide the products for them....this business works on consignment.

I believe that its them. I was about to buy the salad dressing and I found out that it is expired. I asked the guy to check it, he made such a bad face :o and then put it back and said we dont have. While after 10 mins I came back there to check and I found out that the date has been replaced with a new sticker. :D

cant get pitta bread in samui, so when in bkk always buy a lot and freeze it last time opened apack not frozen the next day and it wasnt good check all,none were any good thought just a bad batch next time i will check in bkk before leaving for home :D