Rugby World Cup 2007

It's a good point - Henry is a good coach, and NZ have the best squad of players in the world - just not quite getting that 'big match' stuff right. But if I were the NZRU, I would not fire Mr Henry - I remember England getting bundled out of RWC 99 by the Saffers - the RFU were (for once) bright enough to put it down to experience and did not dispense with Woowoo's services. The rest, as they say, is history ..

Spot On

I am coming to realise that they were not as mentality prepared as they should have been. Undercooked? Most definately. After 4 easy pool games they probably thought that France were another side that they would knock over without effort, since they had won easily against the French this year during the tour. They have the best skills and are one of the most fit teams out there, but probably rate 2nd best when dealing with pressure. I not sure if they had a mental coach as well, but it probably would have been beneficial.

Maybe they were starting to believe the hype over themselves, where as the underdog has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An apology.

After reading the last couple of pages following Englands win over Australia, it has become quite clear to me that we Aussies are whinging, whining, ungraceful losers. The English fans have accepted their win with grace and dignity.

In the past, the long suffering English, gentlemen posters on this forum have been abused, insulted, and belittled unmercifully by us Aussie, low bred, ruffian convicts. They have rarely let these attacks faze them, and have always kept their tempers and high class manners in check against the withering blasts of invective from us scum. Retaliation is not something they care to indulge in generally, but I shouldn't be surprised that, just once, several have let their frustrations show and called us for the miserable so and sos we are.

Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to all English sports followers who have long suffered our unfair, beastly taunts at your many ineptitudes on various sporting fields over the years, and promise to restrict my banter in the future to the occassional "well done sir, nice try!" :o

Croc

Too right y'ole bugger. All we need now is one from the other 17.5 M reprobates :D

An apology.

After reading the last couple of pages following Englands win over Australia, it has become quite clear to me that we Aussies are whinging, whining, ungraceful losers. The English fans have accepted their win with grace and dignity.

In the past, the long suffering English, gentlemen posters on this forum have been abused, insulted, and belittled unmercifully by us Aussie, low bred, ruffian convicts. They have rarely let these attacks faze them, and have always kept their tempers and high class manners in check against the withering blasts of invective from us scum. Retaliation is not something they care to indulge in generally, but I shouldn't be surprised that, just once, several have let their frustrations show and called us for the miserable so and sos we are.

Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to all English sports followers who have long suffered our unfair, beastly taunts at your many ineptitudes on various sporting fields over the years, and promise to restrict my banter in the future to the occassional "well done sir, nice try!" :o

Croc

Too right y'ole bugger. All we need now is one from the other 17.5 M reprobates :D

why dont you just get on with it jak and if you are talkin about us you are a few million short in your population count

An apology.

Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to all English sports followers who have long suffered our unfair, beastly taunts at your many ineptitudes on various sporting fields over the years, and promise to restrict my banter in the future to the occassional "well done sir, nice try!" :D

Croc

why dont you just get on with it jak and if you are talkin about us you are a few million short in your population count

Are the boats still going over then? :o

It's a good point - Henry is a good coach, and NZ have the best squad of players in the world - just not quite getting that 'big match' stuff right. But if I were the NZRU, I would not fire Mr Henry - I remember England getting bundled out of RWC 99 by the Saffers - the RFU were (for once) bright enough to put it down to experience and did not dispense with Woowoo's services. The rest, as they say, is history ..

Spot On

I am coming to realise that they were not as mentality prepared as they should have been. Undercooked? Most definately. After 4 easy pool games they probably thought that France were another side that they would knock over without effort, since they had won easily against the French this year during the tour. They have the best skills and are one of the most fit teams out there, but probably rate 2nd best when dealing with pressure. I not sure if they had a mental coach as well, but it probably would have been beneficial.

Maybe they were starting to believe the hype over themselves, where as the underdog has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

sawadee cap donny boy :D ,

I've just been listening to some interviews with certain rugby " experts " who were saying that the all blacks were too soft because they had been pampered tooo much ( the super 12 players getting all that rest , playing a second team against the jocks .......... ).

What do you reckon ??? , it seems like a catch 22 situation to me , play them too much and there done in or give them loads of rest and there soft :o .

SM.

Here's to the Rosbifs beating the Crapauds then you can bring on the Argies or the South Africans for a bit of the same and England can keep the cup in the Northern Hemisphere :o

Johnno will make 'em all pay like he did the Aussies and so many others for giving away penalties to stop us scoring tries :D

Engand 14 France 9

England done it again, another gritty, gutsy performance. I feel for the French who played a more expansive game and had the majority of the run of play. But what matters most is to win and England won it.

Yet the agony for the Aussie continue, see England win and progress in the world cup, gloating over them is too much to bear :o

It was nothing flash by both sides. A good workman like display from England with the English forwards doing a very good job on the French.

That try in the opening minutes was started with a good scrum by the England forwards as the French collapsed it but what a superb take of the ball to knock the Frenchie over and score!!

Here's to ENGLAND winning back to back world cups!!!!!! :o

Not pretty, but effective! Have already heard Aussie whinging start about 'boring England' blah blah blah ... sorry, boys, but you have to be in it to win it!

France didn't raise their game in the last quarter like they had against NZ - and I think the loss of Pelous so early on had a big impact - Seabass is a great impact player but he's wasted coming on at lock after 30 mins or whatever it was...

Good luck to both SA and the Pumas tonight in SF2 ... another close one and worth staying up late / getting up early for!

CC

The Aussies can whinge as much as they want about England being boring. Our boys have done their talking on the park, not off it like a certain team. Simple fact England are in the Final, and I am bloody delighted. Can't say that I expected it a few weeks ago after the firts couple of performances, but we have got better, and the momentum is with us now. At least we didn't peak to early like some other teams. :o