Extension Visa For Australians

I read you need a letter from your embassy to say you recieve Baht65.000 per month ,to show the immigration people,When you apply for extention visa(retirement visa)I just wonder how you convince the embassy you get this money.....If i get baht 88,000 a month from a rented place i own back home in australia do i simply show the embassy in bangkok a letter from the agent who looks after my Australian property for me and bank account details??

So the question is how do you get this letter from the embassy.How will they know how much you get from home?

I read you need a letter from your embassy to say you recieve Baht65.000 per month ,to show the immigration people,When you apply for extention visa(retirement visa)I just wonder how you convince the embassy you get this money.....If i get baht 88,000 a month from a rented place i own back home in australia do i simply show the embassy in bangkok a letter from the agent who looks after my Australian property for me and bank account details??

So the question is how do you get this letter from the embassy.How will they know how much you get from home?

You need to confirm with your Embassy as each has different rules

For the UK Embassy they want to see original documents. In my case a letter from employer stating salary and salary slips was submited.

For the US Embassy a simple declaration will do

Unlike some embassies that have a pre printed letter / declaration for this purpose, the Australian embaasy use Stat Decs.

Blank ones are available from the Consular services area in the Embassy. You fill it in and show proof of identity (passport / oz drivers lic) After payment of about 560 bht (this changes due to exchange rates) they will stamp and sign the stat dec.

Thats it :D

That must be one h_ll of a rented place you have at A$790 a week :o

Edited by Thai Chi

Unlike some embassies that have a pre printed letter / declaration for this purpose, the Australian embaasy use Stat Decs.

Blank ones are available from the Consular services area in the Embassy. You fill it in and show proof of identity (passport / oz drivers lic) After payment of about 560 bht (this changes due to exchange rates) they will stamp and sign the stat dec.

Thats it :D

That must be one h_ll of a rented place you have at A$790 a week :o

Thanks Thai Chi

sounds like you have done this yourself ? Do you go to the embassy proper or the visa office?

yes a great property i bought 6 years ago( its a shop) in cairns for $380.000...gets $4765 a month take out cost (rates and body corp) and thats $ 800 aweek for me....lucky hey.I just retiered so now i dont have to touch the super for awhile till it builds up a bit more then take the allocated pension.

I hope i can live on $800 aweek.

Do you go to the embassy proper or the visa office?

You attend the Australian Embassy in Bangkok

37 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok.

The Consular Section is open from 0830-1630 hrs Monday to Friday. No appointment is necessary.

Just tell the security guys at the entrance that you are going to the Consular Section.

After leaving any bags you have with security, follow the one (and only) walkway to the main building. Here you have to state your business again as well as leave your mobile 'phone with them. When you get through this checkpoint, turn left and walk up the stairs to the first floor. The Consular section is then off to the right rear of you.

There is a ticketing system in place, so if you havent already filled out your stat dec, do that first before getting your number. Its normally quite in there, so the waiting time anyway, is minimal.

Please post your experience after you have been there. Its always good to read others take :o