Sky Lounge

anybody know where exactly the SKY Lounge is ?

Just to clarify, the lounge for the SkyTeam partners, correct? It's near all of the other airline lounges on level three, adjacent to the three-way split for the E, F, and G gates. It's not well marked at the split as to which lounge is in which direction (big surprise) but in any event even if you wander down the wrong corridor, you will not wander far.

FYI - If you are using the lounge as a Northwest WorldPerks member, you'll get shunted to a different lounge run by the "Louis Tavern" group. Or at least I did the last time I was at Suvarnabhumi. Was kind of funny as the SkyLounge people pretty much insisted that I would have never used their lounge which is total b.s. I had used the SkyLounge several times previously. It would be hard to confuse the two lounges.

anybody know where exactly the SKY Lounge is ?

Just to clarify, the lounge for the SkyTeam partners, correct? It's near all of the other airline lounges on level three, adjacent to the three-way split for the E, F, and G gates. It's not well marked at the split as to which lounge is in which direction (big surprise) but in any event even if you wander down the wrong corridor, you will not wander far.

FYI - If you are using the lounge as a Northwest WorldPerks member, you'll get shunted to a different lounge run by the "Louis Tavern" group. Or at least I did the last time I was at Suvarnabhumi. Was kind of funny as the SkyLounge people pretty much insisted that I would have never used their lounge which is total b.s. I had used the SkyLounge several times previously. It would be hard to confuse the two lounges.

My thanks for this info.

No I'm not a northwest member but I was informed Etihad uses the SKYlounge.

Thanks again

cheers

onzestan

Onzestan.. I flew with them last October and IIRC it was a small dingy lounge (CTC?) on the right shortly after passport control. Poor choice of food and beverages and the only reading material was in German. I'm with them again on the eve of the 20th but if you travel first please let me know which one it is.... I'll reciprocate obvioulsy if you depart after me.

Onzestan.. I flew with them last October and IIRC it was a small dingy lounge (CTC?) on the right shortly after passport control. Poor choice of food and beverages and the only reading material was in German. I'm with them again on the eve of the 20th but if you travel first please let me know which one it is.... I'll reciprocate obvioulsy if you depart after me.

Hi Tolsti,

I'll fly next month the 9th, so after you.

Await your news

thanks

onzestan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Onzestan... well, after a bit of a trek I am sitting in the lounge now. So... pass through Immigration and emerge on flooor 4 opposite duty free perfumes. Turn Right and go all the way to Zome E (which is where EY leave from) and then go down the escalator signed Airline lounges. Right opposite the bottom of the escalator is the CIP Business Lounge which I was in last time.. Turn left and go almost all the way to the end and you will see Sky Lounge.

Nothing to write home about, VERY quiet at 1900 on a Sunday evening. Usual array of drinks and pretty dried out sandwiches but the fridge has loads of beer. In addition Air France (They share the lounge as do Aeroflot) have put in 3 MAC computers so I get to try something new whilst waiting for my flight. I've been given emergency exit seats all the way tonight which will be good as I am not flying Pearl on this trip.

Hi Onzestan... well, after a bit of a trek I am sitting in the lounge now. So... pass through Immigration and emerge on flooor 4 opposite duty free perfumes. Turn Right and go all the way to Zome E (which is where EY leave from) and then go down the escalator signed Airline lounges. Right opposite the bottom of the escalator is the CIP Business Lounge which I was in last time.. Turn left and go almost all the way to the end and you will see Sky Lounge.

Nothing to write home about, VERY quiet at 1900 on a Sunday evening. Usual array of drinks and pretty dried out sandwiches but the fridge has loads of beer. In addition Air France (They share the lounge as do Aeroflot) have put in 3 MAC computers so I get to try something new whilst waiting for my flight. I've been given emergency exit seats all the way tonight which will be good as I am not flying Pearl on this trip.

Thanks for the info Tolsti, and the clear instructions

Have a good one

Cheers

Onzestan

In Abu Dhabi you have the Etihad lounge which is good. Pretty busy but well stocked and very friendly. Soft drinks and food are self service but waitress service for alcohold ( as much as you like it seems) and hot beverages... all you need to do is ask...I was sat there at 0400 BKK time this morning drinking champagne and eating a ###### good chicken biyrani!!..

Showers are available in the Health Club which apears to be part of the Airport Hotel you were asking about before IIRC (forgot to get the tel number!! Sorry).

To get to this lounge go up to the departures floor and then make as if to go to immigration along a long travelator. Turn left at the end and pass the Ghazal lounge on your right. Just after that turn left alongside some immigration booths and you will see it.

Have a safe trip.

T