Thaksin Applies For A New Passport

Mid

Ousted Thaksin applies for a new passport after his suitcase was stolen in Russia

RUSSIA: -- Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's suitcase which contained passport, cash and camera worth altogether about Bt1.2 million, was stolen as he was dinning at a fast food restaurant in Moscow recently.

Thaksin was in Moscow to receive an honourary degree on science from Prekanov Economic Institute in Russia.

Thai Foreign Ministry's spokesman Tharit Jarungwat confirmed the report, saying that Thaksin was eating a a McDonald restaurant in Moscow when he found that his suitcase was stolen.

Inside there were cashes, passport, some documents and a camera, whose values were estimated to be about Bt1.2 million.

Thaksin then went to Thai Embassy in Moscow to apply for a new passport. The embassy issued a temporary travel document for him and he would get his new passport from Thai embassy in London where he has a residence.

Meanwhile Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadol Pattama said it was not Thaksin but his aide who carried the suitcase when it was stolen. There was no important documents in the suitcase.

-- The Nation 2007-05-24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he should have two passports:

1. The ordinary version

2. The Official/Diplomatic one

Did he loose both?

Very stupid.

Mind you I always take my briefcase and passport when I go to MacDonalds. :o:D

:o

They will never be able to sell his stolen passport.

Will he now need a new visa for the U.K?

How did he pay for his Big Mac?

Ooh I feel a limerick coming on...

The ousted Thai PM called Thaksin

Ate in a place with big macs in

It cost him alot

and gave him a shot

of the "please mind your belongings vaccine"

Ousted Thaksin applies for a new passport after his suitcase was stolen in Russia

RUSSIA: -- Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's suitcase which contained passport, cash and camera worth altogether about Bt1.2 million, was stolen as he was dinning at a fast food restaurant in Moscow recently.

Thaksin was in Moscow to receive an honourary degree on science from Prekanov Economic Institute in Russia.

Thai Foreign Ministry's spokesman Tharit Jarungwat confirmed the report, saying that Thaksin was eating a a McDonald restaurant in Moscow when he found that his suitcase was stolen.

Inside there were cashes, passport, some documents and a camera, whose values were estimated to be about Bt1.2 million.

Thaksin then went to Thai Embassy in Moscow to apply for a new passport. The embassy issued a temporary travel document for him and he would get his new passport from Thai embassy in London where he has a residence.

Meanwhile Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadol Pattama said it was not Thaksin but his aide who carried the suitcase when it was stolen. There was no important documents in the suitcase.

-- The Nation 2007-05-24

He's testing the waters, whether he'll get a new passport without problems or not.

Aren't there criminal charges against him in progress?

:o

They will never be able to sell his stolen passport.

Will he now need a new visa for the U.K?

How did he pay for his Big Mac?

Ooh I feel a limerick coming on...

The ousted Thai PM called Thaksin

Ate in a place with big macs in

It cost him alot

and gave him a shot

of the "please mind your belongings vaccine"

hahahahahhaahaha you you are funny!

maybe mr T could learn something from the farang back home afterall.I mean who is so stupid with so many cash ,to loose it like that.Welcome to the travellers world mrT.......But I am sure he got a good insurance.

Meanwhile Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadol Pattama said it was not Thaksin but his aide who carried the suitcase when it was stolen.

Good attempt at damage control, Noppadope.

Quick to blame an aide for the blunder... as we wouldn't want people thinking your boss was a complete moron, would we?

Edited by sriracha john

Well if Thailand really want him back to face any charges what an opportunity for them.

Give him his travel ocuments - back to Thailand only like many other Embassy's do to your own country - do not issue a passport in London.

Maybe they are scared of him returning?

Interesting story!

Is it just coincidence that he is there straight after it was announced that Thailand is donating 'millions' to help renovate a palace? Or is he really receiving a degree?

A case full of foreign cash! I think I am becoming just a tad cynical!

There was no important documents in the suitcase.

A passport isn't important? :o

It would be interesting to know what the documents were that went missing.

More information in regards to the "no important documents" nonsense...

Thaksin's bag gets stolen at McDonald's

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's suitcase containing his passport, cash and a camera worth a total of 1.2 million baht was stolen as he was eating at a McDonald's restaurant in Moscow early this week, sources said yesterday. Other items taken included documents relating to a lawsuit against the Assets Scrutiny Committee (ASC) members, according to the sources. The former premier was in Moscow to receive an honorary degree in science from the Prekanov Economic Institute. It remained unclear whether he was awarded the degree before or after his belongings were stolen. The cash inside the suitcase was in foreign currency and some documents involved a lawsuit which he and his legal adviser Noppadol Pattama were preparing to file against ASC chairman Nam Yimyaem and other key members, including Kaewsan Atibhoti, the sources said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/25May2007_news08.php

=============================

Noppadope's lying ways sure do a lot to live up to the stereotypical impression many people have of lawyers...

I'm luvin' it.

Seventeen and a half thousand GBP's? That's either one hel_l of a camera or a tasty wedge of dosh! Seems farangs in Pattaya aren't the only ones who wander around with expensive collectibles.

nope-a-dope :o

vaccine :o

mcds ;)

legal docs :D

circling thailand clockwise? :D

soap-a-dope :bah:

publicity stunt? :bah:

1.2m pocket money or see thru the wall spy camera check eb_y. :D

name in the paper :D

oh me oh my "expensive collectibles" :D

There is a purpose behind the disappearance of the suitcase. Time will tell what it was.

I think you might be right on the button there. Thaksin never does anything without an ulterior motive. Just too bluddy convenient "Oh I could prove my innocence of all charges laid against me but dark forces stole the evidence".

There is a purpose behind the disappearance of the suitcase. Time will tell what it was.

I think you might be right on the button there. Thaksin never does anything without an ulterior motive. Just too bluddy convenient "Oh I could prove my innocence of all charges laid against me but dark forces stole the evidence".

Yep...plea for time to start over in preperation period...BOO HOO-Please!

Watch now...will the powers that be stand tall and say ENOUGH of this nonsence

we taking you to the cleaners...money cleaners :o

You would think with a billion bucks he would have chosen a better restaurant than Mickey Dees to have lunch in, or at least gotten delivery if he was having a Mac attack.

Where was the entourage and the body guards etc etc?

Oh thats right Thailand's not paying the bills anymore - if the country was still paying for his lifestyle you can guarantee he wouldnt be eating at Maccas

Deposed PM Requests An Indefinite Delay In All Legal Proceedings Against Him

Former PM Thaksin announced today that it was unfair for any and all legal proceedings against him to continue as key documents essential for his defense were stolen from him. He requested an indefinite postponement of all cases against him, his wife, his children, his Cabinet ministers, his chauffeur, his gardener, and his wife's secretary. "As a firm believer in doing what's right, it's only fair that I be allowed to present evidence that will exonerate me," Thaksin was quoted as saying. Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadope Patmytummy, stated that the time for the requested postponement would be no longer than 20 years.

Bangkok Herald-Examiner

July 1, 2007

News of the Future Department

Yes, Thais have such devious minds. I remember my ex, many rears ago reporting her Thai passport lost to the police in the UK, when it wasn't lost at all!! She just wanted a new one issued by the embassy in England that didn't have any Thai exit stamps on it for some stupid bloody reason....

Sometimes the lengths they will go to for a bit of subterfuge will amaze you - I think they enjoy all this cloak and dagger stuff :o

Seeing how much cash he carries around, I wondered why he doesn't use one of these.

SUITCASE%20HANDCUFFS.jpg

Maybe he's having that recurring dream where handcuffs are slapped on him the moment he steps off the plane at Suwharnabhumi, while putting his hands together for his most hypocrite wai ever, and then, " Crrrrrrrik"