Thaksin Applies For A New Passport

Mid

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a purpose behind the disappearance of the suitcase. Time will tell what it was.

Deposed PM Requests An Indefinite Delay In All Legal Proceedings Against Him

Former PM Thaksin announced today that it was unfair for any and all legal proceedings against him to continue as key documents essential for his defense were stolen from him. He requested an indefinite postponement of all cases against him, his wife, his children, his Cabinet ministers, his chauffeur, his gardener, and his wife's secretary. "As a firm believer in doing what's right, it's only fair that I be allowed to present evidence that will exonerate me," Thaksin was quoted as saying. Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadope Patmytummy, stated that the time for the requested postponement would be no longer than 20 years.

Bangkok Herald-Examiner

July 1, 2007

News of the Future Department

Didn't I just say that two posts back? :bah: Didn't the first statment about the documents state that they only related to one case?

Heres the document case and plenty cash, make sure they never seen again. Whats in the case? All evidence that they could ever use aginst me. :D

:D:D:D:o OH HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

NO CHANCE OF LOSE FACE AGAIN!

They will never be able to sell his stolen passport.

Will he now need a new visa for the U.K?

How did he pay for his Big Mac?

Ooh I feel a limerick coming on...

The ousted Thai PM called Thaksin

Ate in a place with big macs in

It cost him alot

and gave him a shot

of the "please mind your belongings vaccine"

hahahahahhaahaha you you are funny!

maybe mr T could learn something from the farang back home afterall.I mean who is so stupid with so many cash ,to loose it like that.Welcome to the travellers world mrT.......But I am sure he got a good insurance.

Suitcase 15,000 bhat

camera 1,2 million bhat

under the table cash 6,trilion bhat (expenses)

docs for lawcase priceless

for every thing else in life

post-23892-1180061927.jpg

im sure i used to have a visa???

Bangkok Post....Mr Thaskin is said to be very anyoied with the security at mac donalds so he is going to see them!

post-23892-1180062377_thumb.jpg

Believe you me, this is a very calculated move of some dirty nature. I don't think Toxin knows how to do anything in an honest fashion.

Second, he is obsessively methodical in his criminal and deviant activities. This is just another one of them. Some way, some how.

I see the press are having fun with this as well:

Thai premier falls victim to take-away at Moscow McDonald's

Bangkok - Down-on-his-luck Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra lost his passport and 1.2 million baht (34,285 dollars) worth of cash and other valuables while eating at a McDonald's restaurant in Moscow earlier this week, media reports said Friday.

Thai Foreign Ministry spokesman Tharit Jarungwat revealed that Thaksin, who was in Russia to receive an honourary degree from the Prekanov Economic Institute, had been forced to ask for a new passport at the Moscow embassy after losing his briefcase at the fast-food takeaway, reported the Bangkok Post newspaper.

It was not made clear why Thaksin, whose family fortune is estimated at 3 billion dollars, had chosen to eat at a McDonald's outlet, a US-chain best known for its modest prices.

Thaksin was ousted by a military coup on September 19, 2006, and his been living in exile since.

- Deutsche Presse-Agentur

======================

:o

Now we have a breakdown on how much of his loss was in cash...

Thai premier’s bag, cash stolen at Moscow

BANGKOK - A suitcase belonging to deposed Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra containing thousands of dollars and his passport was stolen from a McDonald’s restaurant in Moscow, the Bangkok government said Friday.

The case, which was taken while he was eating in the fast-food diner, also contained legal documents for a lawsuit against members of an anti-corruption body investigating him, according to the Bangkok Post.

A Thai foreign ministry official said Thaksin reported the loss to Russian police and applied for a new passport at the embassy in Moscow.

‘We have issued a temporary passport to the former prime minister,’ he said.

Thaksin’s lawyer said the bag contained dollars, pounds and rubles worth up to 8,700 US dollars.

Thaksin, a self-made billionaire who has remained in self-exile since his government was toppled by the military last September, was in Moscow on Monday to receive an honorary degree from an economic institute when the theft took place.

- AFP

============================================================

So $34,285 total minus $8,700 cash = $25,585 for camera. :D :D

Now that he's done defrauding Thailand, has he shifted to defrauding insurance companies on a claim for theft reimbursement?

:o

Edited by sriracha john

Am I alone in hearing the pleas

"The evidence that proves my innocence was stolen in Moscow.... "

or

"The case cannot proceed against my client since he is no longer in possession of the original documents at this time because...."

or

"My fellow Thais, my innocence was assured since I carried the proof with me at all times, but agent of the nefarious conspiracy against me, stole them whilst I was having a frugal lunch {thinking of my beloved home} in Moscow where I'm lauded as Putin of Asia, you know.... "

Regards

/edit format //

Edited by A_Traveller

or

"The case cannot proceed against my client since he is no longer in possession of the original documents at this time because...."

or

"My fellow Thais, my innocence was assured since I carried the proof with me at all times, but agent of the nefarious conspiracy against me, stole them whilst I was having a frugal lunch {thinking of my beloved home} in Moscow where I'm lauded as Putin of Asia, you know.... "

Regards

/edit format //

neither alone nor the first ,

check up thread ........................

or

or

Regards

/edit format //

neither alone nor the first ,

check up thread ........................

Words such as rhetorical, emphasis spring to mind

Regards

There is a purpose behind the disappearance of the suitcase. Time will tell what it was.

I can’t come back just yet, I lost my passport. When I get my replacement I need to check it works properly by going to several countries and that may take some time. :o:D

Taksin's diplomatic's passport was revoked some months ago. He now travels with an ordinary passport as a normal Thai citizen.

As such, the Thai Embassy in Moscow should provide him with a temporary travel document as they would do for any Thai losing their passport abroad. Normally this document is limited in time. From one to 3 months maximum. Long duration passports are only issued in the country of origin. Therefore he has to come back to Thailand and request a new passport and a new visa for UK as an ordinary Thai citizen.

I hope that at the UK Embassy in Thailand he will be treated like any other Thai person requesting a visa for UK. :D

With the many pending court cases against him, should he be given a visa for UK?

If this scenario does not happen, he is not treated as an ordinary Thai citizen. :o

Taksin's diplomatic's passport was revoked some months ago. He now travels with an ordinary passport as a normal Thai citizen.

As such, the Thai Embassy in Moscow should provide him with a temporary travel document as they would do for any Thai losing their passport abroad. Normally this document is limited in time. From one to 3 months maximum. Long duration passports are only issued in the country of origin. Therefore he has to come back to Thailand and request a new passport and a new visa for UK as an ordinary Thai citizen.

I hope that at the UK Embassy in Thailand he will be treated like any other Thai person requesting a visa for UK. :D

With the many pending court cases against him, should he be given a visa for UK?

If this scenario does not happen, he is not treated as an ordinary Thai citizen. :o

Yes, but aren't these points moot for a billionaire former PM? I'm sure he already has one or two passports from countries where you can buy citizenship for an "investment." Somebody of his wealth and resources will never be flat-footed at the mercy of Thai authorities...unfortunately.

Long duration passports are only issued in the country of origin. Therefore he has to come back to Thailand and request a new passport and a new visa for UK as an ordinary Thai citizen.

Not so. My first UK passport was issued to me in Singapore. My current one was issued in Bangkok.

I hope that at the UK Embassy in Thailand he will be treated like any other Thai person requesting a visa for UK.

Amen to that.

No. I am still awaiting a reply from the UK Home Secretary asking why he is permitted to reside in my country.

He isn't an ordinary Thai citizen. Imagine 60 million of him. :D

Maybe he went to Russia to drum up support from the Mafia who are a force to be reckoned with now in Thailand.

For someone who knows Russia as well as I do, it is absolutely not surprising that he was robbed. Surely, he was an object of special attention from local mafia the moment he stepped on sacred Russian land. Thus, I do not believe that it is something self-organized.

By the way " Prekanov institute" should be "Plekhanov institute" I believe . To give you the idea that I know what I am talking about.

Edited by mumbu

Maybe he went to Russia to drum up support from the Mafia who are a force to be reckoned with now in Thailand.

For someone who knows Russia as well as I do, it is absolutely not surprising that he was robbed. Surely, he was an object of special attention from local mafia the moment he stepped on sacred Russian land. Thus, I do not believe that it is something self-organized.

By the way " Prekanov institute" should be "Plekhanov institute" I believe . To give you the idea that I know what I am talking about.

nu shto. shkazhiti tadkda.

Why on earth would he be treated like a normall citizen.The man has more money than a "buffalo can poo"countries would be all over themselves to get a small percentage of what he has to invest.

Of all the other overthrown Thai leaders that were corrupt as hel_l(There have been a few..),how many were convicted?

nu shto. shkazhiti tadkda.

nichego

Deposed Thai PM Gains Degree, Loses Cash

BANGKOK, Thailand — Thailand's globe-trotting deposed leader, Thaksin Shinawatra, garnered an academic honor by visiting Moscow this week, but lost thousands of dollars and his passport when he stopped at a McDonald's in the Russian capital.

Thaksin, who has been living in exile since a coup last year ousted him as prime minister, had entrusted his briefcase to an aide sitting at a nearby table as they had a meal on Monday, said his lawyer, Noppadol Pattama, in a phone interview with The Associated Press in Bangkok.

When the party got up to leave, they found that Thaksin's briefcase, with his passport and about $9,200 worth of money in U.S. and Russian currency, had been snatched.

Thaksin was in Moscow to accept an honorary degree in science from the Plekhanov Russian Economic Academy.

Noppadol said the Thai Embassy in Moscow had helped Thaksin, issuing him a new passport and other temporary travel documents.

Thai government agencies are not usually so helpful to Thaksin. Several months after Thaksin was toppled, the Thai Foreign Ministry canceled his diplomatic passport, which former prime ministers are normally allowed to carry as a special privilege.

Thaksin made a fortune in the telecoms business before entering politics, and has been living the life of an idle billionaire since losing his post, traveling between a residence in London and various countries in Asia. He is currently seeking to buy the English soccer team Manchester City.

- Associated Press

A2006092136C.jpg

Damage to billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, caused by Moscow thieves, exceeded 800,000 rubles.

Kommersant

Former Thai PM Robbed in Moscow

Kommersant learned on Friday that former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra had been robbed in Moscow.

The Thai politician, overthrown in a military coup in 2006, arrived to Moscow to receive the honorary degree of Doctor of Plekhanov Russian Economics Academy. Shinawatra and his bodyguard went to McDonald’s, where the politician’s briefcase with passport, personal belongings and money was stolen.

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, overthrown in a military coup in Thailand in September 2006, was robbed in Moscow on May 21st in McDonald’s on Arbat street, 52.

Shinawatra came into the fast food café together with his bodyguard, who carried the politician’s briefcase with documents and cash. During their lunch, the bodyguard left the briefcase unattended, and it disappeared.

The former PM did not go to the police himself.

His bodyguard, Chavalit Nuchakul, applied to the police, calling himself a tourist from Thailand and saying that his briefcase, containing a digital video-camera, a digital photo-camera, 60,000 rubles, $15,000, and £1,100, was stolen between 4:30 and 4:40 p.m. The total value of stolen things was estimated by the claimant at over 800,000 rubles. [1,007,804 Baht] *seems with every report, we hear varying totals.. but this one seems the most specific... Reading that Thaksin has a bodyguard named Chavalit sure made me chuckle...* :D

The criminal case was initiated the same day. The thief has not been found yet.

Plekhanov Russian Economics Academy said the unpleasant incident in McDonald’s did not frustrate Shinawatra’s plans, and his visit to the Academy took place. *so now we confirmation that the theft occurred before he went and got his degree*

He was awarded an honorary degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences. *with a major in Corruption and a minor in Tax Evasion*

Thailand’s embassy in Moscow issued a temporary document instead of the politician’s stolen passport, and he flew away to London.

Shinawatra received a new passport in Thai embassy in Great Britain. *Based on quite a number of posts over the years, it seems surprising that the Thai Embassy in London provided such prompt and efficient customer service.*

The politician has been living in that country after the military coup in Thailand. He is going to buy Manchester City, a club of English Premier League. It remains unclear why Shinawatra, whose fortune is estimated at $3 billion, chose McDonald’s out of all restaurants of Moscow. :o

- Kommersant (Russia)

Edited by sriracha john

Deposed Thai PM Gains Degree, Loses Cash

BANGKOK, Thailand — Thailand's globe-trotting deposed leader, Thaksin Shinawatra, garnered an academic honor by visiting Moscow this week, but lost thousands of dollars and his passport when he stopped at a McDonald's in the Russian capital.

Thaksin, who has been living in exile since a coup last year ousted him as prime minister, had entrusted his briefcase to an aide sitting at a nearby table as they had a meal on Monday, said his lawyer, Noppadol Pattama, in a phone interview with The Associated Press in Bangkok.

When the party got up to leave, they found that Thaksin's briefcase, with his passport and about $9,200 worth of money in U.S. and Russian currency, had been snatched.

Thaksin was in Moscow to accept an honorary degree in science from the Plekhanov Russian Economic Academy.

Noppadol said the Thai Embassy in Moscow had helped Thaksin, issuing him a new passport and other temporary travel documents.

Thai government agencies are not usually so helpful to Thaksin. Several months after Thaksin was toppled, the Thai Foreign Ministry canceled his diplomatic passport, which former prime ministers are normally allowed to carry as a special privilege.

Thaksin made a fortune in the telecoms business before entering politics, and has been living the life of an idle billionaire since losing his post, traveling between a residence in London and various countries in Asia. He is currently seeking to buy the English soccer team Manchester City.

- Associated Press

O'K. So I was right: it is a Plekhanov institute. By the way, it is a serious, respectable organization. I am just wondering whether it can give a pause to at least one of khun Thaksin bashers: they like to present a man as a kind of malicious clown.

What about thinking about him as a honorable, smart man with great vision for his own country who was deposed by mediocre midgets fighting for their privileges? Why prestigious Academic institutions honor him? Why businessmen around the world show so much respect for him? Why leading agencies want to have interviews with him? Why midgets in BKK are afraid of couple of his calls to community radio stations? America, China, Japan, Singapore and now Russia. Quite a spectrum.

He is welcome everywhere...

A2006092136C.jpg

Damage to billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, caused by Moscow thieves, exceeded 800,000 rubles.

Kommersant

He was awarded an honorary degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences. *with a major in Corruption and a minor in Tax Evasion*

- Kommersant (Russia)

May I ask you, Sriracha John, with all due respect:

Are you inhabitant of the Sriracha Zoo?