Around The World Air Ticket

HI

I would like to travel next month from Bangkok to Europe, then South America and then back to Bangkok. I am looking for a good travel agent in Thailand (Bangkok or Pattaya) to help me. Or a good web site that can help. Or perhaps a member has taken a similar trip and can tell me about that ticket.

Thanks

round the world tickets are a better deal here than in the west for all routes except those in south america. for that leg of your trip you are better off going to the US and buying a ticket from there. that is what STA travel in bangkok told me- they couldn't find me a ticket from bkk that included south america in the itinerary for less than $3000 US.

HI

I would like to travel next month from Bangkok to Europe, then South America and then back to Bangkok. I am looking for a good travel agent in Thailand (Bangkok or Pattaya) to help me. Or a good web site that can help. Or perhaps a member has taken a similar trip and can tell me about that ticket.

Thanks

Not in thailand, but they advertise a lot all over the world: Air Brokers International, I think from San Francisco.

Your itinerary will be expensive... may be better/cheaper to keep europe on a separate trip.

LTU Airlines has the cheapest flights from Bangkok to europe, I think from Phuket too, to Dusseldorf/Munich. South America tickets to/from anywhere are always expensive. I read Emirates Airlines is starting a Dubai/Sao Paulo flight soon, would be the fastest way from bangkok to that area.

Depending on what countries you want to visit, especially in south america , have a look at what airline flies there then see which airline grouping they are in. For example iberia & Lanchile are in one group.

Then go to an airline office in BKK that is also in the same grouping. Let them work out prices as travel agents get little from these tickets so don't want to do the work.

Lots of taxes on these tickets.

Do you care about carriers? Frequent flier mileage? What routing did you have in mind?

Both Star Alliance and One World offer RTW's, each with different requirements and limitations (mileage, sectors, continents, etc).

Chawla Travel comes recommended by many.

The One World and Star World alliance round the world ticket prices are CRAZY and inflated. You can do much better on your own, by breaking it up into multiple tickets, but it will involve some planning and work.

Example: Star World/One World charges something like $3,000 for economy, plus LOTS of taxes.

Bangkok/Dusseldorf on LTU can be as little as 200 euros one way.

Germany/Ireland on Ryanair: maybe 60 euros.

Dublin/Los Angeles can be 209 euros, if booked on Aer Lingus' site.

Los Angeles/Asia: that's the tricky one, but:

L.A./vancouver could be $150, maybe less...

Vancouver/Hong Kong on Oasis Hong Kong could be about $300

Macau/Bangkok on Air Asia could be about $100.

round the world total: $1,200. plus some taxes. You're welcome.

Do you care about carriers? Frequent flier mileage? What routing did you have in mind?

Both Star Alliance and One World offer RTW's, each with different requirements and limitations (mileage, sectors, continents, etc).

The One World and Star World alliance round the world ticket prices are CRAZY and inflated. You can do much better on your own, by breaking it up into multiple tickets, but it will involve some planning and work.

Example: Star World/One World charges something like $3,000 for economy, plus LOTS of taxes.

Congratulations :D

Once again you've proved you know the price of everything and the value of nothing :o

RAZZ :D

Edited by RAZZELL

Congratulations :D

Once again you've proved you know the price of everything and the value of nothing :o

RAZZ :D

I guess I'll take that as a compliment... I think I have no choice. But why do you find me so fascinating that you feel you must repsond?

Having priced round-the-world tickets, I think that they are more of a "deal" if one uses such a ticket to visit some out of the way destinations for which air fares are generally high (e.g. Africa, South America). If one is merely looking to put together a RTW itinerary containing all flight segments that are highly competitive to begin with, it may well be the case that one can get a better deal by piecing together an itinerary as Weho suggests.

Having priced round-the-world tickets, I think that they are more of a "deal" if one uses such a ticket to visit some out of the way destinations for which air fares are generally high (e.g. Africa, South America). If one is merely looking to put together a RTW itinerary containing all flight segments that are highly competitive to begin with, it may well be the case that one can get a better deal by piecing together an itinerary as Weho suggests.

I love your use of the words "MAY get"...

one would have to be a fool to pay $3,000 plus taxes for an alliance RTW airline ticket... better to put one together yourself, with cheap one way fares, and from major cities like Dusseldorf, Bangkok, Vancouver, you can use BUDGET AIRLINES to get to where you really may want to get to, and still have a few dollars left over for some cocktails.

Thanks guys for all the info. Finally I bouught a ticket on LTU. Now wondering about Air Cargo as I have a lot of stuff to get to Europe. Can anyone reccomend a reliable Air Cargo agent in Pattaya that can take my stuff to the airport and do the paperwork and get it sent off , all for a reasonable price?