What Is The Perception Of Tiger Woods In Thailand...

bluegibbon

besides tata and tiger can you name some famous thais. famous outside of los. taksin dont count.

James Wattana and Paradorn Srichaphan would be the only 2 I could think of.

vanessa mae - violin player... :D

But like Tiger, Vanessa was born and raised outside Thailand, in Singapore. When you think of it, it's very hard to name any Thais who have achieved acclaim or achievements in arts & culture in the world. This is not a put-down for Thais, but just an observation. In fact, for a country the size of England or France, it's quite surprising.

How about Tera Patrick? :o Can't see that starchy old maid in the Orwellian-sounding Ministry Of Culture rushing to adopt her as a symbol of Thailand, but she fits a lot of people's perceptions of the place... :D

or even Lucy Thai

how he is perceived in Thailand

I've asked the question myself numerous times with the result being 100% indifference :o

Personally, I think he's lifted the profile of golf, especially to kids, further than anyone before him. An absolute legend.

Edited by jingjoe

how he is perceived in Thailand

I've asked the question myself numerous times with the result being 100% indifference :o

Personally, I think he's lifted the profile of golf, especially to kids, further than anyone before him. An absolute legend.

That's the upside. The downside (and this certainly isn't Tiger's fault) is the unreal expectations parents have of their kid's golfing abilities with the belief that their kid is going to be the next Tiger Woods. He is a great role model, but unfortunately, parent's expectations are often over the top.

The downside (and this certainly isn't Tiger's fault) is the unreal expectations parents have of their kid's golfing abilities with the belief that their kid is going to be the next Tiger Woods. He is a great role model, but unfortunately, parent's expectations are often over the top.

No doubt that kinda pressure happens too often, but when it's the child that initiates the interest, there's less likelyhood of those unrealistic expectations by parents IMO.

That's what Tiger does, he shows kids that it's a game of supreme skill and patience, he makes kids want to give it a go.

I'd much prefer them to pick up a cricket bat or rugby league ball just quietly. :o

Oh, come on! He's a freak of nature. Nobody in the whole wide world is going to be another Tiger. This kind of genius only comes along once in the world probably. It doesn't matter whether he's Thai or Martian.

Nicklaus is crying in his beer watching this wunderkind.

The downside (and this certainly isn't Tiger's fault) is the unreal expectations parents have of their kid's golfing abilities with the belief that their kid is going to be the next Tiger Woods. He is a great role model, but unfortunately, parent's expectations are often over the top.

No doubt that kinda pressure happens too often, but when it's the child that initiates the interest, there's less likelyhood of those unrealistic expectations by parents IMO.

That's what Tiger does, he shows kids that it's a game of supreme skill and patience, he makes kids want to give it a go.

I'd much prefer them to pick up a cricket bat or rugby league ball just quietly. :o

Tiger is great. I will never say anything less. Even if he wasn't particularly good at anything, his attitude is wonderful. My comments relates more to parents who hold Tiger up to their kids and say this is what I want out of you. It happens too often.

"He doesn't associate himself with Thailand because when he started to get good at golf and went to try out for the national team ..."

When and where did he try out for the Thai National Team?

He never did. another rumour from the 'reasons to think Thai people are stupid' brigade.

For now, seems like he has no real interest in being an African American leader or a Thai leader.

He just wants to be an amazing golfer.

And he is.

Same as the great baseball 1/2 Thai guy that plays for the Yankees I think it is. No one knows them in THailand, because the average Thai person doesn't play golf or baseball.

The more moneyed set can read about Tiger and the other Thai golfers on the LPGA virtually every month in the Thai golf magazines.

besides tata and tiger can you name some famous thais. famous outside of los. taksin dont count.

James Wattana and Paradorn Srichaphan would be the only 2 I could think of.

And both of them are'nt that good :D:D .

When will LOS get rid of this bloody hi-so thing that they all love to have :o:D .