Teaching Licence And Work Permit On Non-imm O Visa

hill16

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of obtaining a teaching licence and a work permit for teaching English having already a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' type visa based on marriage to a Thai spouse?

If so, could you please share these with me?

Also, can somebody please tell me if I need a Police Report from my home country if it is my first time teaching in Thailand? If so, is this required for all English-teaching institutions ie govt schools, private international schools, universities etc?

Regards,

Hill 16

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of obtaining a teaching licence and a work permit for teaching English having already a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' type visa based on marriage to a Thai spouse?

If so, could you please share these with me?

Also, can somebody please tell me if I need a Police Report from my home country if it is my first time teaching in Thailand? If so, is this required for all English-teaching institutions ie govt schools, private international schools, universities etc?

Regards,

Hill 16

Prior to 2006 you could not get a work permit on a Non O visa and though it is now possible, many employers will tell you it's not. Have no experience of this so can't share.

You may or may not be asked to supply apolice report from your home country, depends on the school.

In 2005 I got a work permit and teachers license on a Non O multiple visa from the UK, so it is possible. I think now though they do want the police check but you can apparently get it in Thailand.

If you're resident here.

I got the TL, WP with a Non O. No police check required, though I went through the expense of getting one, just in case.

Non O was in Penang. Keep in mind that you can get a Non O without a job prospect.

If you, however, go to a consulate and request a Non O, it is not for working, but for family reasons, so no check is required. The police check is required if it is for a Non B and usually for teachers.

Small loophole there.