An Applause To The Thai Team At The Afc Cup

rainman

I thought this deserved its own thread. Even though Thailand lost in the AFC cup to Australia today, they played a great game well above their usual standard, also in the previous games against Iraq and Oman, but especially well today. They had a lot of great chances and could have scored 2 or maybe even 3 goals with a bit of luck. But Australia's defense was always a little better, so it wasn't meant to be.

But if they keep up this improvement, maybe I'll get to see Thailand play at the World Cup in my lifetime. :o

It's was actually 4-nil.

But yes Thailand, I was your biggest fan, and hope to be again in the future. We just need an uncorrupted non-politician to run the show though.

I remembered the days when Indonesia and Malaysia were our biggest rivals and Japan was always invited to a friendly. I'd like to see improvements, and I'd like to see Thailand in the world cup even if it means getting pounded 8-nil by Costa Rica or something.

Yep, fair play to them.

I started a thread saying how shoddy they were after the Iraq game... however, hats off to them - they seemed much more 'up for it' and played with real flair.

Of course, I do feel vindicated as they actually did what it is that I said they should have done in the Iraq game - closer pressure on the man with the ball, get stuck in midfield, get the full backs to get round the back...

Does anyone know anything about these three:-

No. 2 Suree Sukha (24 yr)

No. 16 Kiatepravuth Saivaiew (21 yr)

No. 29 Teerasil Dangda (19yr)

They are supposed to be coming to city at the end of the month on trial.

Suree was probably the Thais best player in the AC. Not sure he will be Premiership class, but he could certainly earn a good living in UK Football. Good player

Just for you Mr B:

Suree Sukha, Born 27/07/1982. Club: Chonburi.

A no-nonsense tackler, Suree is one of the main main weapons in Thailand's attacking arsenal with his rampaging runs down the right channel and pinpoint crossing. A regular source of goals for both national and club team.

Kiatprawut Saiwaew, Born 24/01/1986 Club: Chonburi.

A powerful 21 year old his excellent performances for the Thai Under 23s have prompted a call to the senior squad. Standing 6ft 1 he brings a much needed physical presence to the Thai defence

Teerasil Dangda, Born 06/01/1998. Club: Bin Dinh (VIE)

After catching the eye with Thailand's Under 19's he was included in the 30 man provisional Asian Cup squad However, lack of experience means he's unlikely to feature..

Still, should help you flog a few shirts over here.... :o